The Fifth (and final) Hall Of Fame Nominee - DINOBOT

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payton34, May 7, 2010.

1. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

going to have to vote for Dinobot on sheer principle now

a non G1 charcater? whoa

next time I'll have to nominate Breakdown

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do I keep returning to this thread? I keep hearing my own brain cells' death cries.

I'm going to try this one more time. The Transformers that other people like are beyond your capacity to change. The sane thing to do, therefore, is not to be offended by them. Just vote for the one you want to win.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    beast wars had more than one game, there's also the transmetals game. and the japan-only GBC fighting game. as for spinoffs, japan says hello.

that means you are against it. being that this is the first ballot, and you're against him being on it.

that being said, too bad. he's on it. don't like it? don't vote for him.

4. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    But you know soundwave got this right?

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Sigh.
    OK.
    According to the world view of a diehard G1 fan. The rest of us are quite happy about this.
    Yes. they are popular MINOR PLAYERS.
    It boils down to this:
    You got FOUR choices. Those of us who wanted post-G1 characters included got ONE. Be happy with what you got. No-one has a gun to your head forcing you to vote for Dinobot, do they.

6. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Bwuhahahahahhahahahha
    XD
    I love how something like this happens and I get blown over by all the hot fumes coming out of the crevice in our fandom. I love dinobot. I love Shockwave. I love Soundwave and Jazz. I love everyone. If you want one to win, vote for them. That's all.

With love for our franchise...

7. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is going to be tough.

Weighing the pluses and minuses of each nominee:

Soundwave: Devoted right hand man to Megatron. Returned in Cybertron and Animated series. (Made me laugh when he couldn't remember one of the three voices of "Perfect Harmony") Mass shifting tape recorder ALT mode was his only flaw but that's not his fault.

Grimlock: Loveable metal dinosaur who created Computron, Rescued his friends from the Quintessons, Saved the Universe by pushing a lever into reverse. But also tried to overtake Optimus as leader and was "hurt" by Wheelie's sling shot.

Shockwave: Decepticon Guardian, very cool in both modes. But couldn't hit Spike or Carly at close range. Made a disgrace by Bruticus. (Never read the comics so probably need more knowledge of him before deciding)

Jazz: Played by Scatman Caruthers (RIP) who gave Jazz a very memorable personality. Used sound as a weapon, Autobots' second in command to Optimus Prime. Made a cameo as a race car in season 3. Returned in the 07 movie and Animated series. Cannot come up with any negatives.

Dinobot: Heroic and honorable warrior. Rattrap would be proud of ol' chopper face. Gained the trust and respect of Optimus Primal, fought beyond his call of duty and sacrificed himself to save the early humans. Reincarnated in Metal form and fought for Decepticons but still had a sence of honor in his spark and turned on Megatron. Can't think of anything negative about him either.

Man this is going to be hard.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a feeling that Dinobot is going to get the diehard BW fan, the G1 hate club and the sympathy vote. I predict he gets in for those reasons.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    And what about those of us who simply feel he IS a good choice?
    Decepticon military operations commander. Functioned solely on logic, to the extent where unpredictable enemy actions could almost cause him to shut down. Terrifyingly powerful. Sought to rule the Decepticons not because of ego, but because logic dictated to him that he was the best choice for the job. A regular thorn in Megatron's side (shared leadership with him in the UK comics for a time). Took Optimus Prime's head and used the Matrix to create jetfire and the Constructicons. A MAJOR player in the comics.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ If you are seriously thinking about Shockwave, don't vote until you've read the Wiki on him, or brushed up on the comics.

He's one of the most influential characters in the whole comic. He starts as Megatron's second-in-command, then usurps him. He blasts OP during his victory speech, chains Megatron to a wall, and revives the rest of the Decepticons and uses them to start conquering Earth. He uses the inoperative Autobots as spare parts, except for OP. He detaches OP's head and compels him to use the Matrix to build the Constructicons.

Megatron gets the drop on him, blasts him five miles and rockets after him to finish the job. Shockwave recovers and beats Megatron so badly that Megatron begs Shockwave to kill him. Shockwave refuses and makes Megatron publicly swear allegiance to him in front of all the Decepticons. No one else has EVER made Megatron their bitch like that, not even OP or Unicron.

Oh, and later, Shockwave saves the universe during the Time Wars.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No such person exists.

The only reason he was picked by Hasbro was to spite G1 fans.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ah yes. I should have thought of that.
    While it should be mentioned that when Shockwave utterly pwned Megatron he was at full strength while Megatron was at a very low level of power, they did fight each other to a standstill later in the comics. it also took all 5 Dinobots to stop him when he first reached Earth. Not to mention surviving a fall from orbit.
    He truly was Megatron's equal in every way.

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    This is gonna be a hard choice. Ordinarily, I'd vote for Shockwave hands-down (I LOVE his comic/TFA portrayal).

However, I'm too much of a Dinobot fan to NOT vote for Dinobot. Dinobot beats out all.

He's probably the character in TF lore with the second-most meaningful death, after Prime. Certainly means more to me, given Prime always comes back nowadays. Dinobot was a conflicted character who in the end did the right thing, despite knowing it would likely cost him his life going in, and redeemed himself for his past mistakes. Then he got cloned, his memory was defiled, and yet in the end his clone ultimately redeemed itself like the original.

14. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's plenty out there, no doubt. But I personally don't feel there are enough of those alone to vote Dinobot in. But I do feel he will get in for the reasons I stated.

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Not to mention that the Dinobots weren't REALLY enough to stop Shockwave. They got lucky. Like how they got lucky when they defeated Megatron later on. Both were insanely powerful, and the comics went out of their way to specify Shockwave as powerful.

Plus, Shockwave was awesome as he wasn't a megalomaniacal leader. When Megatron outlogiced him after the attack on the Ark that went awry, Shockwave just handed over the leadership without a fight once it was pointed out that he had been unsound.

(Though once Megatron started getting more erratic, he began scheming on the side to remove Megatron from the equation once he saw Megatron as no longer fit for command).

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was going to vote jazz but old dinobutt has got my vote.

he just seems like my favourite choice.

it's my opinion and i'm going to stand by it and not impose it upon anyone else.

17. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Ok I heard all all the arguements for dinobot...can someone tell me why hot rod did not make it...
    I will be the first to admit, I don't know much about dinobot, but is code of honor it? I haven't read comics much...

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    because he didnt get enough votes. there's absolutely nothing more to it.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    HERO. Code of HERO. You even watched it earlier.

20. Smeg

Smeg Well-Known Member