The Fates of the TF:A characters?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Just been rewatching some TFA eps again and i'm curious as to what most fans believe would, or would like to have seen, happen to the characters had the series continued.

I know there's been loads of fanfictions attempting to continue the TFA series, but what do you all think likely would have become of Optimus and his crew, Sari, Ultra Magnus, Sentinel, Blackarachnia, Waspinator, Megatron and the Decepticons?

Do most of you think Optimus would have eventually been promoted to Magnus? Or would he have remained a 'Prime' always?

Would Sentinel ever have stopped being an arrogant jerk and forgave Optimus for the past?

Would BA ever have cured herself and become Elita-One again? Or would she live out the rest of her life as a techno-organic (perhaps finally coming to accept what she has become)? And would she ever have reconciled with Optimus and Sentinel?

What would Sari's true purpose have been? We know it was something to do with protoforms...

Anyway, let's hear your theories and thoughts everyone.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I would like to think Blackarachnia and Waspinator are now in another war. The animated version of Beast Wars that I wish would happen. Perhaps have Primal Prime against Galvatron.

As for Ultra Magnus, either he goes offline and Prime become Optimus Magnus. Or UM makes it and removes SP from his place and puts OP there instead.

Megatron and the Decepticons would probably be punish. I would had like them to do a BM nod on it. Just removed their sparks and put the sparks in a prison. Then melt down the bodies.

As for how SP would act. A change from one of Rattrap's lines. Once a jerk, always a jerk. He'll probably lose it like Wasp did with a drop out either taking his place or being the new leader. Probably tries to take out Optimus before being arrest.

Like the G1 Prime had on post war Cybertron. Would think Prowl would have a statue build in his memory.

As for Sari, I just look back at BW. If the Axalon didnt crash, the pods would had scan new life and new Maximals would be online. So I would think Sari and the other pods were apart of an Elite Guard plan to build up Autobot forces if the worst had happen.

Prime's crew probably would been promoted. Bumblebee and Bulkhead would probably been in the Elite Guard. Ratchet would probably been promoted and captain Omega Supreme with Arcee with him.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    As obvious as it seems for Optimus to become a Magnus I don't think he would have. I think he would have kept his Prime title and continue to carry out his duties on Earth with his crew.

Sentinel may never have become a decent bot; I think it's just in his nature to be a jerk. But at the same time I think Sentinel would have matured a little bit and at least learned how to work along with Optimus.

As far as Sari . . . that's tough. I really can't think of much for her at the moment. She was so mysterious in the series or at least the final season.

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I feel like a DTV sould be in oreder to really bring a proper conclusion to Animated. Either that or let it continue in comic book form.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    They died. They were on a bus to a ceremony at the Metroplex, it crashed, and they died. The end.

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Everyone dies, Sari ends up as a drug-addicted stripper.

7. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

In 2008 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a Cybertronian court for a crime they didn't commit. These robots promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Cybertron underground.

Today, still wanted by the government Blackarachnia Barachus, Howlin' Mad Megatron, Three Faceman and their leader Col. John 'Headmaster' Smith survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the TF:A team.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ratrap says, "What's this button for?"

Cybertron blows up.

Rodimus Minor assumes command and immediately leaves to find another place to live, leaving Fortress Maximus in charge.

9. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Autobot lawyers indite Porter C. Powell for discrimination, defamation, assault, attempted murder, theft and a lot of other charges. He's sentenced to life in a mine on some random asteroid somewhere.

10. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Plague of space rock monsters. It was terrible. All were eaten.

- Coeloptera

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I like the idea of Sentinel losing his position, having an episode where he is a drunk at McAddams oil house and then eventually redeeming himself in a little arc. Kind of The Tick meets Booster Gold (Geoff Johns run).
    There was so much scope left in that universe.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus retires and passes on the mantle to Optimus Magnus.

Bumblebee joins the Elite Guard (becoming his elite guard repaint) and gains the stardom he longed for only to find the constant papparazzi attention to be too much. He uses his electrochromatic paint to become "Goldbug" to go about without attracting too much attention.

Bulkhead has issues of not quite fitting in on Earth or Cybertron and ends up on a Space Bridge repair crew.

Ratchet takes a position in the Medibot Academy as a field instructor, partly to keep on eye on Omega Supreme, partly to be close to Arcee, who has returned to be a teacher as well.

Sari is essentially the new Vector Sigma; she can imbue personalities into blank protoforms, that is her true purpose to be raised in foreign cultures to gain new personality archetypes for the cybertronian race. She finds it difficult to be the "Savior of Cybertron" and a being of Earth at the same time and spends less and less time on Earth, to her dismay.

All of them see Botannica as their therapist about dealing with the loss of Prowl and their seperation from Earth.

Jazz, Jetfire, Jetstorm, and a few new bots stay on Earth as the new TF defenders of the planet, keeping the Dinobots in line, stopping the human villains, etc. Cybertron and Earth achieve diplomatic relations.

Using his stolen Elite Guard shuttle, Swindle breaks the captured cons out of detention and re-equips/upgrades them (Megatron becomes Shadow Blade Megatron, Lugnut to Atomic Lugnut, etc.). Since it happened on Sentinel Primes watch, Optimus Magnus and Sentinel have it out, resulting in Sentinel Minor being assigned as subcommander of an outer colony supply ship. They are currently on the fringe, rebuilding their army and biding their time until they can strike again.

Blackarachnia and Waspinator are never heard from again. Or so the story goes; though oddly, a low ranking Decepticon scientist named Thunderwing seems to have made a number of startling advances in creating technorganic armored shells that could give the Decepticons an unfair advantage...

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Lots of snipping took place

I agree with Bee, Bulkhead, & Ratchet!
    As for Sari, I think she's just the average techno-organic and returned to Earth with Jazz, Jetfire and Jetstorm.
    I like the Botannica reference, yep, they will need her--:rip  Prowl
    As for Swindle and the Cons: naw, Swindle got away, but not the others..
    although your version is very creative and kinda explains the new toys :D 
    Sentinel is demoted, becomes a soldier bot.. all his bots hate him :thumb 
    Ultra Magnus is repaired and returns to Magnus status..
    Blkarac. and Waspy, fine, don't miss them. :) 
    and Optimus becomes the Prime of legend.;) 
    The end!

14. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Would have loved another series whereby the Autobot hierarchy have not learned the lesson of building giant weapons and using torture against a fractured and leaderless enemy.

Sentinel is Magnus, the leading Decepticons are imprisoned as per the end of series three, some still on the loose.
    OP and crew are minimised and isolated (say, OP and Ratchet sent back to Earth with three bots of your choice, Bulkhead and BB given fools' errands on Cybertron).

So: Ratchet must convince OP that they can make a difference, OP must convince Wasp and BA that they can help, the rest of the Earth crew keep thwarting Earth-bound Decepticons (Soundwave? Slipstream?), Jazz tries to keep Sentinel's worst ideas in check, some Decepticons renounce their allegiance now Megatron and Shockwave are out of the game and are working for the sake of taking down Sentinel, and BB and Bulkhead stumble upon [big subplot involving Decepticon menace, possibly involving Wasp, who is possibly working with OP] that will bring these issues to a head.

If we can crowbar Nemesis Prime, Barricade, Skybyte, and (BW) Inferno in to this, we got a tv show.

Boom. I'll take payment in cash or gold, Mr.s Wyatt & Isenberg.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The way that I see it (assuming we got another 2-3 seasons to show the return of the Decepticons, the invasion of Cybertron, and the rise of The Fallen):

Bumblebee - eventually makes it as a member of the Elite Guard, but finds the amount of regulation and paperwork cramps his style, and goes out freelance, serving up justice across the galaxy.

Bulkhead - his genius in Spacebridge engineering recognised, he goes on to become a top engineer and teacher, helping to inspire a new generation of Spacebridge engineers.

Ratchet - the war won, Ratchet retired from active duty. He passed away peacefully a short time later.

Jazz - left the Elite Guard to restore Master Yoketron's Cyber Ninja guild to its former glory. Two statues stand in the grounds of the main building - one dedicated to Yoketron, with the inscription "no greater honour" and one dedicated to Prowl with the inscription "no greater duty", representing the ideals of the new Cyber Ninjas.

Sari - her purpose completed, Sari was reborn as a true human child. She went on to become a noted expert in robotics and inherited her father's corporation, which continued to be prosperous even though Sari herself lacked the technological genius of her father.

Sentinel - following a string of disasters culminating in a Decepticon invasion of Cybertron and the revival of The Fallen, Sentinel left the Elite Guard. Although he was instrumental in saving the day, the whole experience was like an epiphany. He turned down rejoining the Elite Guard, instead deciding to explore the universe.

Ultra Magnus - recovering from his injuries, Ultra Magnus went on to govern Cybertron for many years, before standing down to allow Rodimus Prime to take over as leader.

The Dinobots - Grimlock, Snarl and Swoop continued to live out their simple existence, undisturbed by the rest of the world, on Dinobot Island, Earth.

Megatron - made the ultimate sacrifice in the final battle against The Fallen, by allowing the ancient Transformer to take possession of his body and holding him at bay long enough for the Autobots to seal them both in a space between realities, never to return. (Decepticon sources indicate Megatron was trying to usurp The Fallen's power as his own and was locked in combat for supremacy and the Autobot's resorted to a cowardly final attack)

Lugnut - has been standing vigil at the place where Megatron fell ever since the final battle, and will probably continue to do so for the rest of time.

Blitzwing - has been selling tickets to see "the amazing Decepti-statue" for nearly as long as Lugnut has been observing his vigil.

Starscream - his ghost is still out there, periodically possessing those unfortunate enough to come into contact with it.

The Constructicons - were hired on generous contracts to carry out building work in some distant part of the galaxy. Rumours stating this was just to keep them out of the way are probably accurate.

Other Decepticons retired and reformed, or were imprisoned indefinitely.

And finally...

Optimus Prime

Turning down the chance to take up the leading position within the Elite Guard, Optimus Prime left Cybertron behind. His immediate movements following the end of the war are well documented - Optimus Prime attended (and fell asleep at) Bulkhead's inaugural lecture. He was present when Jazz unveiled the memorial of Prowl at the new Cyber Ninja academy. He was at Ratchet's side when his time came. And he was even seen fighting back to back with Bumblebee in a brawl in a seedy bar on Rigel VII. However, unlike the rest, Optimus Prime's final fate is unknown. One day, he simply faded out of the pages of history. Although if we were to visit a small, blue green planet named Earth, we would surely find him, working to protect the people of that world, watching over them as he had done since the day his crew first reactivated.

"Transform, and roll out!"

16. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

I rather imagined Ratchet and Arcee heading off to live quietly with Omega Supreme actually, as my personal daydream.

17. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    Oh, thanks for the reminder. I forgot all about Slipstream.

18. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Optimus becomes Magnus while U.M. recovers, promoting Ratchet to the level of Prime, (cause I like the sound of Ratchet Prime). Swallowed up by anger and hatred, Sentinel leaves Cybertron and is lost in space, eventually being driven insane by "voices" reminding him of his epic failures. (The "voices" eventually being revealed as the spirit of Unicron.) Sentinel becomes Nemesis Prime, hooks up with Galvatron, (a rag tag leader of the some mottley crew of Decepticons - a completely different character from Megatron). They manage to free Megatron and the other Decpeticons whom join them in a plot to bring Unicron back to life or back 'online'. Ratchet's team of Autobots, consisting of Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Arcee, Jazz and a new character, maybe Animated Jolt?, face off against the Decepticons while Rodimus' team sets off into the galaxy trying to find clues to who the mysterious Unicron is. Meanwhile, Optimus attempts to communicate with the spirit of Primus, their creator, to find out how to stop the Decepticons once and for all.

And then the series ends, conclusionless, leaving fans to seething hatred. :) 

19. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    There's quite a variety of of ideas here as to how the TFA series would have proceeded and what would have become of the cast. Interesting since i had expected more consensus amongst the fans on how they would have expected or liked the TFA series to go on.

Sol Fury, i like your idea about bringing in the Fallen into the TFA-verse!

Contrary to some fans, i personally don't think Optimus would ever have become 'Magnus'. He'd remain a 'Prime' always. I think he'd be offered the role of 'Magnus', but he'd decline. And i believe he would have returned to Earth as well.

I don't think Sentinel would ever have turned 'evil' either. He'd have eventually come to realise his mistakes and be humbled. Maybe he'd even sacrifice himself in a battle just after finally releasing his long-time grudge against Optimus.

Sari remains the most mysterious and hard to predict the outcome for. But i feel that she was being set up to be another great source of power or life. Maybe another 'Allspark'?

I like to think Jazz and Arcee would have joined Optimus's Earth crew too.

BA and Wasp i find hard to predict the fates of as well, because we're not sure where they ended up after being transwarped away. Were they taken into the past? Or just another location? Or maybe into a completely different universe? Probably they were being brought back to their BW roots somehow.