The fate of Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ghost Prime, May 3, 2009.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ok so i was watching my G1 episodes today and i noticed i FFOD part 5 that Galvatron casts Blitzwing OUT of the decepticons because he helped Rodimus Prime and also because he turned a gun on him!

so what exactly happens to Blitzwing after this? because if i remember right doesnt he just turn up in later episodes BACK in the decepticon ranks? does Galvatron just forget or something?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Seeing Blitzwing with the Decepticons after this is just inconsistent animation.

The idea was that he was going to take Octane's spot in Starscream's Ghost, but as the newer toy, Octane was used instead.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Blitzwing never shows up again really. He may be in the background as an animation error, but never again purposefully.

He was supposed to be the central character of "Starscreams Ghost", but was replaced by Octane, who was new on the shelves. (Hence it would've been Blitzwing who was friendly to the Autobots, and hunted by the Decepticons.) However, things must've been patched up in the Japanese continuity, as he did have a few appearances in Headmasters.

However, no, for the most part, I think you can make up whatever you wanted.

4. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

It was going to be a little story arc with Blitzwing being hunted by Galvatron for being a traitor. For example, Blitzwing was supposed to be the renegade Decepticon who befriends Sandstorm, in "Starscream's Ghost". But Octane was the newer toy at the time, so Hasbro wanted it changed from Blitzwing to Octane, which is what happened.

It's a shame because that little plot point at the end of "The Five Faces Of Darkness" never got followed up. Like you said, Blitzwing just turns up as part of the Decepticons again, without any explanation as to why Galvatron has forgiven him. The exact same thing happens with Octane too.

Edit: seems I got beaten to the punch.

5. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Considering Galvatron's rather questionable grip on sanity following his time in the lava pit, it's entirely possible he chnaged his mind about both Blitzwing and Octane.

6. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

What everyone else said. There's even a promotional illustration from a Japanese television magazine depicting Blitzwing confronting Starscream's Ghost in Octane's place:

[​IMG]

7. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

that would make sense because sarscream does say 'hello octaine my old friend' but starscream never really met octaine so.....

8. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

And to add to that remember the Triple Takeover episode where Starscream, Astrotrain, and Blitzwing plan to take over the Decepticons together. Of course that doesn't end well but it does indicate the past for that line about Hello my old friend. I was really surprised when Blitzwing turned his gun on Galvatron but I really don't ever see him as an Autobot either.

9. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Wow, I didn't know it was Blitzwing that was supposed to be in Octane's spot in Starscream's Ghost. Nice. I always thought Blitzwing kinda just took off on his own and wandered the stars to figure out where he fit in after leaving the Transformer war.

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That we saw on screen.

11. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream might have met Octane during the gap between season 2 and the movie. I really wish that the original cartoon wasn't a...friggin toy commercial...it was good AS a toy commercial...but it could have been so much better and that is a shame.

12. Lakanl

Lakanl Footmaster

It wold have been nice to see some closure on that storyline though.

13. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Um they are ALL toy commercials.