The fans speak

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Link

Fan in Austin, TX talk about how they're excited about the movie. I'm not sure how recent this is, but whatever. It's good to see fellow fan excited about what is the penultimate event of the fandom

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Penultimate? So the Transformers fandom is almost over?!?!:eek: 

:p 

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    what id like to see is a video after the haters see the movie and are awed by it.

itd be called 'the fans STFU'.

4. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Not this movie hater. I am not gonna see it.

5. Wheelchairninja

Wheelchairninja Well-Known Member

Do any of you know about the question-answer thing Michael Bay's doing later this month? You can email him any question-comment-complaint-compliment you have about the upcoming movie and he's apparently going to try to answer as many as he can. Some on video email.

6. MasterPrime

MasterPrime Assemble and Roll Out

News Credits:
    Thats great to see that that people grew up watching transformers excepting the new movie and can't wait for it.

7. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    yep i guess so, if this movie is the penultimate event of the fandom then that means that as soon as transformers 2 comes out there won't be a single fan left.. maybe he has inside information that the second film will be terrible?

8. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Oh, I grew up with it. I watched the first episode and every one after that. I am a HUGE fan, and I absolutely cannot wait for this movie to come out. I will be there opening night with my two sons. AWESOME!

9. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

So what you're saying is that the movie is going to be so cool, Hasbro will spontyaniously say "after we do Beast Machines properly, that's going to be it for Transformers. We've gone all the places we could, and it's been a fun ride"

:D 

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

Perhaps I exagerrated a weeee bit :D 

11. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

i just love it when people who wanted them to be like G1, that "changes in the design and voice actors is not right, I will not see it." I don't believe it, then they must not have like ant of the newer series' designs, because they all changed up alot of the stuff. Looking at the movie designs it easy to see its a total reboot of the design choices, but they still keep the familiar parts of the design. Prime's blue chest, helmet with a mask, truck alt mode.

I think I forgot what my original point was of the post, but maybe what I just want to say is, I think this is a great update to the franchise, and even people who didn't really care about TF's(wife, family minus my son, friends) are excited to see it on the screen, and they all say "thats what it would look like isn't it."

My hats off to Bay cause it looks good, and to ILM and Dreamworks.

And if I remember my original point I'll come back and fix it.

12. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Amen. Some people love to live and think inside the box, others love to live and think outside of it. Thats about it.

13. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Its really sad, but you're probably right, KA. There are quite a few good folks out here that can actually give thoughtful, rational reasons why they dislike this movie. Unfortunately, a movie from some of the haters would likely be just like the Jeff Foxworthy joke about news coverage for tornados - "They get the ugliest, dumbest redneck in the bunch and put em up on the news to describe what the tornado was like", and I'm afraid thats what would happen in this case too - you'd get the most irrational, illogical, and incoherent fanboy making a rant that would make Kruschev's tirades before the U.N. looks like fairy tales.

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    <3 the use of 'penultimate'.

15. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

ah well

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

LOL! Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Nothing wrong with living out of the box. BW was a great series, and it wasn't G1 at all. Beast Machines...I wasn't thrilled about it, but it totally grew on me. For the movie...I just wanted good character designs. I wanted a design which had a glimmer of recognizability. A glimmer. Not a total redesign, that when you first see it, you're like, 'What is it? Can I eat it? I dunno...' I don't care if they change the story. I don't care if they modernize the designs. I wanted something I could recognize. Not giant anime influenced insect robots.
    On a side note...what's up with their heads? I've yet to be able to find where thie EYES are!!!! I can only assume they're where I think they are BC their's so much bussiness going on, all I see is a mish-mosh.

P.S. I am seeing the movie. I'm giving them one chance to totally change my mind. The trailer almooost did it, untill I saw Starscream transform.

17. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Yet once again you inexplicably stumble into a forum the subject of which you have no interest in....?
    I hate the CYBERTRON series, so if I see a thread about it I give it a wide berth. Easy!!!

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

To be fair, there will be an equal number of people who are pumped for this movie that afterwards will disapointed with it.

It'd be called 'I can't believe I just paided $10 to see that'. :thumb