The Fan-Theory was RIGHT

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by HeroicC300, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Who the hell actually expected the next four eps. to take place simultaneously!?

Here's hoping that after this arc, we get those new characters we were promised.

2. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day, I suppose :D 

3. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

or during, because they are traveling after all.

4. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Magnus, please god, be Magnus if this happens.

That design is too awesome NOT to have in-show!

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel that I should ask what this thread is about, but then again, I also feel I should be ignoring it for a month in light of not getting spoiled on the next 4 episodes...

6. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Watch flying mind and check the descriptions for the next three episodes. They all take place at the same time.

Sounds cool

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    They take place DURING Flying Mind? Yeah, no.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He meant the three next episodes take place at the same time; not including Flying Mind.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The only design for Prime Magnus I've seen is the small Leigion, legends, whatever the hell class size that is. I'm going to pull a beast era toy size here and just call it basic because I can never get use to these new class sizes.

I don't particularly like anything smaller than a Deluxe. I have a few exceptions but this isn't one of them. I hope Magnus eventually gets made in at least a voyager/Mega size if not a leader/ultra.

One thing I did notice about the toy is that it's holding a hammer! Here's to hoping Ultra Magnus gets the Forge of Solus Prime. That's another reason I don't like that toy, it's completely translucent blue plastic, I'd rather have the gold and silver hammer that was in the show.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It was a pretty good guess which came out true! :thumb 

I'm gusseing this will lead into the arc of the season 2 finale somehow.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somebody actualy guessed it out of like, nothingat all, just the fact that the first two descriptions mentioned different characters instead of the whole team. I forgot who it was but that guy is freaking psychic.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    That was me, I think.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was a good guess that made good sense. I had it pegged as right the second I saw it...wish I thought of it. It even explains why Wheeljack will be called in (cover more ground).

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I thought this thread was going to be about the Village People again.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Episode 1 : Arcee and Bumblebee (plus the kids) fight Knockout and an Insecticon some stuff happens a Macguffin is found it is of no real consequence, and is either ;

i) used up and becomes inert
    ii) is destroyed in the fight
    iii) Taken by the Autobots
    iv) Taken by the Decepticons.
    v) shoots off into space under its own power

The same thing then Happens in Parts 2 & 3 only with different characters. (just like happen with every Macguffin they find)

And in the 4th part they find something slightly more interesting but it still probably has little long term significance.

Why ?

Am I being cynical - maybe ?

But I just don't see them finding a stasis pod with a Prime in it or the buried remains of Omega Supreme or Metroplex, or Prima's sword.

Or anything actually interesting.

If the dig up a box with The Fallen in it I'd fall off my chair in shock.

However I think the comfort of my backside is quite safe.

4 episodes - a bit of fighting and running about and it all ends with Status Quo.

The most we can hope for is soon after we might get to see Breakdown's body again.

This show is becoming a self parody. All I can do now is hope one of the better writers gets more episodes and then at least we get some fun lines in them.

I was going to start one called.

"Is Transformers Prime based on the A-Team"

But I think I best leave it for a bit.

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The found Solus Prime's hammer why not Prima's sword?

And they might find a stasis pod with Ultra Magnus inside because the hammer being in the show and a Prime Ultra Magnus having said hammer says he's going to be in the show one way or another.

Well the Fallen is suppose to make an appearance in this series at some point so that's a possibility.

Why does everyone think this show is getting worse when we've been seeing LESS of the things people are complaining about. Are you watching this series in reverse?

Granted the next 3 episodes are mcguffin episodes but considering every episode in season 1 was like that and season 2 hasn't seen a mcguffin sense Operation Bumblebee I call that getting better not worse. Plus every time we've seen a mcguffin in season 2 it hasn't even been the main focus of the episode like every single mcguffin in season 1. Like this episode had Dark Energon and the Spark Extractor but the main focus was the Nemesis being alive. Why complain about plot devices now when they're hardly even relevant and not back in season 1 when every single episode was focused on them?

Another thing season 2 does a lot better. Not killing new characters 5 minutes after they're introduced. That's the worst thing to possibly do to a character is only give them 5 minutes of screen time before killing them. Breakdown is the best death on this series because he's the only one that did anything before he died. Cliffjumper and Skyquake might as well have never been in the series at all because they only existed to die.

Transformers needs red shirts. If you're going to kill characters without giving them any screen time, don't bother giving them a name. Just make repaints of main characters and send them off where all nameless expendable extras go, to die. But don't make named characters like a nameless red shirt.

The movies did it too, Jazz. He might as well have been "The Porche" sense he existed just to die. Why bother calling him Jazz when you can't tell who he is. He gets no screen time, they introduce him, he has a couple lines with Optimus, then Megatron kills him. What's the point? Just because you slap the name of a character I might like on a red shirt isn't going to make me care about a red shirt. Make him an actual character, give him more than 5 minutes of screen time, then kill him. No one cares about red shirts.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Relics are just one thing that people instantly like to peg as BAD WRITING BECAUSE TOTALLY MCGUFFIN, it's really just that. You can give all the background for why the object is there, what it does, why it's desirable but some people will just instantly yell against it because they read a TvTropes page about it.

And maybe some people really just don't dig object chasing stories, that is fine, sometimes they really are lame, but in Transformers I actualy find something like that cool because it's all stuff from their dead world, it's nice to see the weapons and what not that they used to have during their more fortunate times. I'm actualy hoping that Megatron was right and some end up being historical documents instead of weapons just so we can hear stuff about their world.

18. Resolution

Resolution Well-Known Member

Who/what is the Fallen? Why do you call relics McGuffins?

Just curious. I haven't seen the past transformers series or films.

19. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You just summed up the Prime forum for me.

I've got to dig up some kind of Beast Wars bitching archive, it would be absolutely precious to read these days.

20. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I don't think I'd mind the macguffins if they were at least a marginal game-changer. If they turn out to be building toward *something*, then props, but for now, it's been all journey, no destination. It's been a way more entertaining journey than the first season was, though.

You can't say it wasn't hilarious when the Decepticons *finally* got their hands on a relic, but whoops, only a Prime can use it, off to the closet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.