The fallen! WHY?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PeterSkillenUK, Dec 23, 2008.

1. PeterSkillenUK

PeterSkillenUK Well-Known Member

Who is he? why does the fallen want revenge? Why would he be in ROTF?

Please explain this as if you are talking to someone who has only ever seen the movie.

2. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I suppose all will be explained in the movie...

3. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

becuse....now go to your room.

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Hes frickin awsome and rocks socks now go and cry in a corner if you don't like it.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The Fallen was a bad guy in the comic series The War Within. I'd go into the background, but we really don't know anything about how he'll be portrayed in the movie so it might be a moot point anyway.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

The Fallen's pissed 'cause he's constantly on fire.. He wants revenge due to the fact Micheal Bay didn't call him for a role in the first movie.

7. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Easy. The Fallen is a robot with FLAMES :bay . I am not sure the fallen will be in the second movie.

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

he is primus 's kids and he working for uncle unicorn

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

This is why I think the Fallen is a BAD idea for the movie. The average movie go'er who has only seen TFTM 2007 will have NO idea who the heck this guy is.

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nobody can answer these questions because none of us have seen the movie yet. Nobody knows anything about the Fallen at this point. Just be patient and go see the movie

11. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Why would introducing a new character be a bad idea? The average movie go'er had know idea who Blackout, Barricade, or Bonecrusher was. Most people have only a vague recollection of the original transformers. It's like saying it was a bad idea to put Darth Maul in phantom menance.

12. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:

Don't worry, he will not be in the movie. ''The Fallen'' refer so some robot character like Devastator or Jetfire.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

That's a little different honetly. You really can not compare Star Wars to TF honestly, two different beasts. And the average movie person knew a little more about Transformers then you suggest. New characters are fine, like Blackout. He was just a regular Con, however, the fallen is an ulitmate bad guy who wants revenge, yet he was not in the 1st movie to HAVE a REASON for revenge.

I just do NOT LIKE the character at all, my reasons my be jaded but I do not like Dreamwave or anything created by Pat Lee. I was really hoping the live action movies would not include any of his garbage.

14. RichieNine9

RichieNine9 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i am just not convinced at all that "the fallen" is going to be in the movie as a lot of people think he is.

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Then I guess Furman and Mowry were both mistaken and the interviews were simply purged to make sure no misinformation is spread...

16. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Furman and Mowry?Are they the comic guys who said ''The Fallen'' will be as main villain in movie?

17. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

im not convinced the fallen will be in the movie either, it would be writing suicide. There is no reason to introduce a new bad guy that is seeking revenge when we have not had any information on this character prior, if they go this route then they can just make up what ever they want for every movie and just throw in a back story for it to make sense - horribly lazy writing and something a profesional would not be doing, especially for a movie of this scale. It would make a lot more sense if the movie is about megatron and the decepticons who fell in the last movie comming back to earth to seek revenge...

18. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

furman and mowry could have been misquoted and the interviews were edited to be accurate, or they could have been spreading disinformation, or they could be going on an early script idea, or maybe the fallen really is in there...theres many reasons for why the interviews could have been removed, all as logical and believable as the others.

If im not mistaken one of the sources was MTV as well....really not reliable, exspecially with how "in" they are with the movie

19. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Blame on Alex Kurtzman,,because he come up with idea of title ''Revenge of the fallen''. Now all TF fans think the fallen will be in movie.

20. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Chris Mowry, writer of the Movie sequel comics The Reign of Starscream and Revenge of the Fallen: Alliance/Defiance; and Simon Furman, co-creator of the Fallen from Dreamwave's The War Within: The Dark Ages and writer of the ROTF adaptation, have both stated separately that the Fallen is the villian of the movie, and Furman went on to say ROTF's Fallen is based upon his Dreamwave character. In the same interviews Mowry and IDW Editor Chris Ryall confirmed they had the script for ROTF.

When Bay and (presumably) Paramount found out, both those interviews were censored to remove all references to the Fallen and the script.

To be fair, I think Furman and Andrew Wildman had more to do with it in the end, because Lee's design wasn't even used.

Your denial amuses me.