The Fallen was a better choice for the third film.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shandemia, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Shandemia

Shandemia Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I don’t know if this issue has been brought before in this forum, but after digesting all 3 movies again and again, I came to the conclusion that I personally would have preferred Sentinel Prime’s betrayal and Shockwave’s introduction in the second movie and the Fallen in the third and last.
    This of course without going all crazy having script errors all around the world making the film get too big to control an actually coming out with a decent and poised script.

My reason for this train of thought is that The Fallen is the ultimate baddie in my eyes, (his face is the decepticon logo); and it would have been an awesome climactic scene if all the Autobots had to duke it out together strategically trying to defeat this guy. Of course we would have to deal with some Autobot losses, it is only fair but, I mean, for heaven’s sake, The Fallen has cosmic powers and to see Optimus just mangle him within ten seconds annoyed me to no end. And yes, I understand all the plot errors and the huge mistakes made in the second film but this is beyond the point of discussion right now.

I’m talking about a coherent plot where the fallen comes to earth and creates havoc like he would only be capable of doing. After all, he is one of the original primes and his powers are practically unlimited.
    Any thoughts or ideas on this one, I would love to hear you opinion on this.

2. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    I too think the bad guys should have been switched for the 2 movies. I believe movie 3 would have made a better 2 as it follows more closely with what happened in 1 and that the Fallen and most of that plot should have been saved for the final movie.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I prefer the Fallen stayed the second movie's villain. He's not the all-powerful entity he is else where in the movies so why bother. Sentinel was a far more compelling villain and I'm glad they saved him and his VA for last.

4. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

This is completely unrelated, but why does Sentinel have no kills on your scoreboard?

5. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    the Fallen should have been way more powerful than he was and even more powerful than Optimus and even Sentinel as the Fallen was one of the first 13 and not a dissented prime. Its just that they underplayed the Fallen in ROTF much like they underplayed all the bad guys in all 3 movies.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Completely agree. I think the conflict with Optimus and Sentinel was best served in the second film. Plus, if DOTM was the second film, Megatron's entire character would have to have been changed.

It says he has one.

7. Egami

Egami Active Member

Eh, I don't know...I found The Fallen to be rather disappointing in the movie, don't see him as a climatic villain to end the series with.

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the Fallen worked too well for any movie in this series; instead I would have rearranged ROTF so that he still exists, but we have some flashbacks showing how he corrupted Megatron, and throughout the current era Megatron is still in command but carrying out the Fallen's will. I think the Fallen worked much better as an idea than an actual villain, because he was all talk and had no real connection with Prime as Megatron and Sentinel did. Prime faced and killed him because he was a bad guy, but since he honestly knew nothing about him... you get the idea.

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Now that I think about, the stakes were much bigger in ROTF than in DOTM. The Fallen was going to destroy the freaking sun which would have killed all the humans and the Decepticons would be victorious. Sentinel Prime transported Cybertron to Earth and tried to enslave, not kill, the humans. However, Sentinel came much closer to achieving his goal and nearly killed all of the Autobots at once.

10. SideSwipe154

SideSwipe154 Not a Decepticon

because as an autobot, he didnt kill anyone

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    But why should he have been so powerful? What made him like that and why would no current TFs have his powers? He's not that old in the Movieverse because he was around when humans were. And if he was that powerful, why would he be afraid of Prime, and thus why would he not be actively leading the Decepticons?

And the only reason Optimus could kill him was because he was a Prime, and thus immune to he powers. (notice the Optimus was never affected by the Fallen's telekenesis) The "only a Prime can kill the Fallen" plot point is not going to win any awards for structural stability as is, and if you were to make the fallen that powerful it puts it in danger of collapsing in on itself.

But I still gave him one betrayal (as an Autobot he betrayed Optimus...) and as a 'Con (so to speak) he killed Ironhide and betrayed himself. (...geddit?)

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    The Fallen would probably would have been Unicron.

13. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    The Fallen should have been to Megatron what Emperor Palpatine is to Darth Vader.

Motivator, mentor, master.

14. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    You dont really know much about the history of the fallen do you? He is one of the first 13 as in him and the other 12 were created before any other Transformers. The first 13(the fallen included) are much much older than sentinel, optimus and all the others. The Fallen was around waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before earth was even created. Its just that when he first came to Earth, that was the first time he had even seen a human. Why do you think that Optimus didnt even know who The Fallen was? Because The Fallen was created before OP's time and The Fallen was imprisoned and cast out and off Cybertron while Optimus was probably a hatchling himself.