The F-22 Raptor design

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by gfan1984, May 21, 2007.

1. gfan1984

gfan1984 Well-Known Member

You know after reading about the "real" aircraft, I understand why SS (or Michael Bay for that matter) choose that type of plane. The thing is amazing in that it has all the SS would need, cruising speed, stealth, and flying at supersonic speeds without using the afterburners! But anyway if you want to know more about this jet here's a website:

http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=199

If no one likes this thread than I wis for the moderator to delete this. It's just something I wanted to put out there.

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    thnxs for the link. i like the F-22. Its badass.

3. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Perfect for screamer.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Raptor FTW dude. My brother's number 22 or so on the list at the AFA for the class of 2008 to be a pilot and he's hoping to get this jet, its on the top of HIS list =P
    DN

5. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I wish him all the luck. Let us know what happens.

6. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

jetmode = perfect
    robot mode= ape looking someone please return starscream to his majestic posture please.
    i will really enjoy this movie but i still need to voice my displeasure in starscream and megatrons designs.

DO NOT POST SPOILERS WITHOUT SPOILER WARNINGS. -2005 Admin

7. WheatiesBoy

WheatiesBoy Destroyer

wow, thanks for spoiling it! I love you!

......thats the most sarcastic thing I've ever said....

8. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Seriously, that was incredibly rude throwing out the spoiler without even a hint of warning.

9. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DO NOT POST SPOILERS WITHOUT SPOILER WARNINGS. -2005 Admin

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well clearly NOT everyone knows what you just mentioned. Nor did they want to.
    Seriously; Bearing in mind the posts DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, What the HELL part of "no spoilers" didn't you understand?

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    very sexy plane, I was fully behind the choice of the F22 for Starscream, his robot mode I was never keen on but hey, them's the breaks.

One question to the more in the know than I, the F35 Lightning and Joint Strike Fighter seem similar to the F22, do they use the same chassis?

12. berdugo86

berdugo86 Member

no. the f-35 is quite a bit smaller. the f-35 is a single engine aircraft while the f-22 has 2 engines. but yeah, they kinda look the same huh?

13. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

In my opinion, the most sexy beast of all time is the F-14. No other plane comes close to its beauty. The F-22 is a horrible design in my taste (it lacks 'character'). The 14, 15, 16, Tornado, and 18 are my all time faves, the 22 is at the very end of the list, next to the 35.

14. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Russians have the nicest-looking jet aircraft in my opinion, but they would make no sense as STARSCREAM's disguise in the film.

I actually prefer the F-15 myself, not because of the G1 connections but simply because I like it as an aircraft and had the gorgeous Tamiya 1:32nd scale model for years until it dropped off my shelf. The F-22 is still pretty cool though.

15. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

Uh, you are aware that their vehicle modes are disguises, and they're not actually limited to their abilities? They're pretty irrelevant.

In just about everything Bumblebee's been in it's been noted he can go several times faster than a VW Bug/most Earth Vehicles ought to.

16. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Character shmaracter, it's a plane designed for war, not a beauty contest.

17. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

Yes, I find it lacks character too. There's something so anonymous about it, and slightly unnerving, it's the equivillent to when in movies they edit people's faces out so it's just skin to try and make them look creepy. It just lacks a kind of definition that a US fighter Jet should have. It looks too alien too.

18. berdugo86

berdugo86 Member

i'd love to see an A-10 thunderbolt transformer haha. that would be nice. its a beautiful plane in my opinion. those massive engines and the gatling gun would suit a decepticon well.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    ...And thank you for quoting him so people who have him on their ignore lists get to see the spoiler aswell. I'm not saying don't quote people, but when annoying guys like this give out huge spoilers, there's a chance some people might not know about it.

ON TOPIC:

Starscreams jet mode isn't perfect, but it fits the role best. I love his robot mode and couldn't imagine him looking any other way, so I guess the F22 was a good idea.

20. Ultra Shagnus

Ultra Shagnus Member

I agree, The F-14 is the king of them all!!! I do like the F-22 though.

I don't really like Starscream's robot mode, it's definitley my least favourite! Not a huge fan of the "looks as wide as he is tall" look & his head is awfully small! But I'm sure the designers have their reasons- shape of the plane & the likes. I'd still like to have seen him better proportioned.

HOWEVER, that opinion is based purely on the stationary pictures & short clips from the trailer. I reserve my final judgement till the movie, I'm sure in the context of the movie it'll fit!

No denying how menacing he looks, in robot & vehicle modes!! That guy is definitely out to kick some ass!!