the explanation for Shia's hand injury was weak

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jun 25, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Yes, I understand that it was an unexpected event and they had to quickly write something in but it was quite weak to say the least.

Maybe they didn't have time or the scene was already filmed or written but a suggestion would be that the Doctor did something to his hand when interrogating him

Or Megs, held his hands down with his pincer claws and he tortured Sam by squeezing his hand with his pincers.

That would work a little better

But of course I'm not sure how far into filming they were and it would be too costly to re-shoot those scenes

2. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it wasn't bad. It didn't effect the movie in any way so that was a good thing.

3. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    thats true

I guess there was an amount of hype surrounding this accident, and I'll confess that I was awaiting a decent explanation based on the fact that it was something that almost shut down the production and the writers had to scramble to write something in.

The quick scrambling is all evident there, I suppose

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was waiting to hear Sam's hand break the entire time that megatron was pining him down. Being physically scarred at that point as a result of his unwillingness to help the autobots would have had a much more dramatic impact on the story. Instead we find out its bad to move in a space bridge jump