The Exclusive Content News 4/12/10

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I e-mailed the 6 remaining stores— Toys R Us, WalMart, Target, Kmart, Sears and Best Buy—due to have exclusive content, and three of them have already gotten back to me. Here’s what they had to say about exclusive material their stores are set to have in the coming months:

I’m still awaiting to hear back from Target, WalMart and Best Buy, but I’m going to assume the stories the same: High Moon Studios/Activision hasn’t issued content to these stores yet. I don’t know about the average gamer, but I don’t pre-order anything without details. Why they put up a pre-order page before things were ready to go, seems a bit weird to me.

I'll edit my post once/if any new news comes from these stores.

EDIT:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

you just reminded me that its my ex's birthday tomorrow

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Sounds more like:

"Dear Transformed,
    We don't know, and we don't care, we get paid the same whether we research/answer correctly, incorrectly, or not at all, so here's a copy of our all-purpose customer service form letters."

On another note, I wasn't aware there was going to be exclusive content from these stores.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s exclusive content for you…

Maybe, but my experience with customer service e-mails have been 100% to date, with agents getting back to me answers to my questions (usually answering them as hoped, however).

2 of 8 have exclusive content, and seeing how only 8 stores have exclusive pre-ordering service, I figured they had pre-order bonus figures like the other two. If not, I’ll be shocked.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol 

Anyway, be sure to keep us posted on the other stores you questioned, though I'd honestly be a bit surprised if you got any real answers out of them.

6. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    It's also possible that not all of these stores will have exclusive character content, so I wouldn't get to worked up if their employers haven't a clue concerning the matter. Maybe Best Buy and a couple of others will have some exclusives, but when's the last time you heard that Sears was going to have exclusive pre-order content for a video game? The point of any game's official website, in addition to supplying info about the game, is to sell it so of course there's going to be as many mainline online outlet links posted on the website as possible.

7. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Cool, i'll be keeping my eyes peeled for more info, thanks! :thumb 

8. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That says it all. We're getting Exclusive Characters from everyone. I wonder how this will be handled in Europe though...

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target has just responded.

10. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sears? what?

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was surprised too—Sears was that last place I’d expect a video game/toy to be purchased at, but it’s true: Click here see it for your self at the Official War For Cybertron’s pre-order page.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Updated first post with two new replies. WalMart, the last store, has yet to reply.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The official Transformers: War For Cybertron pre-order page went down for a bit and Toys R Us re-did their pre-order page for the game, though ever so slightly. I don’t know if these where present before, but it appears that each store with a pre-order exclusive deal has a hidden window behind the window providing a link to the store advertised. Only Game Stop and Amazon.com have their respective exclusive characters and game details in these windows, while ever other store’s exclusive his hidden behind a shaded window.

The game covers found below were taken from Toys R Us’ site. I don’t think these are new, but these are the first one’s I’ve seen that show the cover up close. Starscream can be seen behind Optimus Prime on the PS3 & XBOX 360 covers. Nintendo’s Wii has a Transformer I cannot make out silhouetted behind Prime.

PS3:
    [​IMG]

XBOX 360:
    [​IMG]

Wii:
    [​IMG]

14. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

^ huh. I wonder why Starscream is the only one back there. I'd imagine Megatron or some of Optimus' more important allies would but I would like to learn where that goes.

15. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but you'll probably never receive the info on pre-order characters. Reveals like these are often collaborations with the publisher itself, meaning that, even if a certain store knows what figure they will get, they are not allowed to disclose.

All part of the marketing campaign.

Cool for trying though!