The eternal question...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JMFabianoRPL, Feb 21, 2008.

1. JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL Active Member

This is for those of you with the Rhino sets...on Season 3 is BotCon footage, of course, as a bonus feature. Now, among the clips is one certain guy who digs through a box of G.I. Joe's. Upon finding an apparently coveted figure, he says....

....what?

Seriously, we've rewound and relistened to the comment like a thousand times, and cannot interpret the fellow's Urkel-style utterance. It's something like, "All right, [some name...sounds like Blade Gun/Blade Guts/something!]! That's the two (just who?) I need!"

So what is this guy so happy about?????

2. Thundercloud

Thundercloud Lone wolf

I didn't see the video your talking about, but I'm certain that if many collectors found some figure they really really wanted on a loose box they would probably spit and choke on their grammar too.

3. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

Been awhile since I've watched it but I do know what your talking about.

As it just so happens I made it on that DVD in a close up of my profile while looking through a bin of geewunners. I picked up a Bombshell, looked him over, Then put him back in the box. I am wearing a bright yellow T-shirt.

The cameraman was right next to me and I was so into the TFs I didnt even know I was being filmed!

Its pretty special to me as I show everyone I know. My one claim to fame and who wouldn't want to be on the Transformers DVD?

4. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Why do you want to know what the kid said ? Do you collect or know anything about GI Joe ?

5. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    I imagine it's because it's such a random clip to show on a TRANSFORMERS DVD (Some kid sifting through G.I.Joes at BotCon? Silly Cameraman! Film something else!)and it draws attention to itself as a result.

Personally, I think he says "Blankas" as in, the two figures he needs are two Blanka Street Fighter Joes. But........there's only one figure he's shown holding and it isn't The Heroic Man-Beast!

I'm personally obsessed with the script-reading clip with the delivery of the line "Enter the Arena!" and the guy who does a Rattrap/Dinobot/Razor Ramon interaction. :) 

6. DJ Soundwave

Hmmm you said you watched the video a thousand times ? and couldn't figure it out ........ well aparrently the kid has a lisp , and he said "Bwaker" , when it was "Breaker" so his lisp made the R sound like a W .......

Again why did you want to know that ?

7. DJ Soundwave

No he had one in his hand already before the clip of him came up, and then he found Breaker and said the two he needs.

8. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Ah. Now I won't be driven mad trying to figure out what it was.

But WHICH Breaker was it?!?! j/k

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    That's actually the guy who was known as 'Outtsyder' here, but I don't think he's visited the board in over a year now. He got second to Mouth04 that year (the guy doing Waspinator), and won the next.

--Moony

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Dude, why does it matter? Haven't you ever been watching a show or movie and couldn't make out a part of the dialogue and wanted to know what was actually said because it was bugging you?

11. DJ Soundwave

A Show or a movie is different then some kid digging though GI joe figures.....

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Do the gijoe people not have their own convention? I mean I remember baroness and cobra commander people hanging around the botcon hasbro booth two years ago. Though I guess the dealers will just sell anything they can bring to the tables.

13. DJ Soundwave

Yes there is a GI Joe convention every year.... but since alot of Transformer fans who grew up in the 80's also like GI Joe they also bring it to a TF convention..... not to mention in the 80's GIJoe and TF episodes were back to back, alot of episodes were written by the same writers, and not to mention they are both by Hasbro.... in addition there have been several GI joe /TF Crossovers.