The "Error/Mistake" Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    By now, there must be several threads pointing out mistakes for the Transformers film, just like the ones for "Starscream shoots Megatron" among many others. I honestly don't mind mistakes in movies, unless they mess up the continunity in the entire film, but minor mistakes, like the ones made in ths movie, don't bother me. Apparently, they just stick it out because its a Michael Bay movie. :poke  But for anyone who would like to express or point out a mistake they saw, feel free to post here (assuming it isn't removed) for now on.

One I bothered notice in my second viewing, was after Optimus and the Autobots 'relieve' Agent Simmons' crew of their weapons, Sam is adjusting his Hoody seconds before Mikaela gives him her rousing speech and in the next shot, interrogating Agent Simmons, his hoody is draped over his shoulder. I figure he just took it off [Shrug].

2. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Brawl=/=Devastor

There, thats it.....even though Jazz called him brawl..its a simple Text mistake..

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Do we really need yet another thread about continuity errors given, as you pointed, out, there are already several threads about it?

4. Inciteful

Inciteful Hides in the Shadows

News Credits:
    The ever changing plate of donuts in the interrogation room.

5. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

The scene were Optimus picks up the glasses and hold them in his hand. The glasses look like 5 times bigger than they are.

Cause in the scene when Sam falls from the roof and Optimus catches him, PrimeĀ“s hand is nearly bigger than Sam.

So how can Prime then be able to pick up the glasses with 2 fingers????

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Disclaimer: I loved the movie but pointing things out like this is always fun!

People moved Megatron back in the early part of the century (1930's?) from the antarctic and managed to keep him frozen the whole time. I really don't know if that would be possible. In addition, they somehow KNEW never to dethaw him- and they even said "We had no reason to beleive there was any threat" or something like that. Why did they keep him frozen then if they didn't think it was a threat? Also, along with all that, they reversed enginreered Megs for human technology, yet Megs was in one complete working piece.

7. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Good call, Liege.

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

When did Jazz call him Brawl? Before he jumped on him? I don't recall Jazz saying anything

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. I have heard a lot of people talk about flaws which usually are editing related, but this is a problem with the writing that I haven't heard many people really bring up too often.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    jazz said something like "come here decepticon" when he jumped on him

nobody ever referred to him as brawl. as far as the general[non-toy buying] movie populace knows he's devastator.

11. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

exactly, on jass calling him brawl, i just got out of seeing it for 2 official, 3rd unofficial time with gf's 4 year old boy
    and all jazz says to him is take this decepticon punk.

12. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The bus that bonecrusher destroyed had no seats in it.

The movie states that it is the present day. However, the aircraft carriers of the naval battle group are still shown to have F-14 Tomcats parked on their decks. The F-14 was retired in March of 2006.

imdb has a bunch of them.

13. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

He said "Come on, Decepticon punk!"

14. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Here's another one that's not an editing mistake...

Firstly, when the Beagle 2 "announcement trailer" came out, we were told that it had nothing to do with the movie and they weren't going to even refer to it. Well, I guess they changed their minds about that one.

The mistake, however, is that the real-life Beagle 2 was not a rover. It was a lander, pretty much a disc carrying scientific equipment. That's not all, the Beagle wasn't launched by NASA. It was a British-led exploration.

And a "that's what they wanted you to believe" excuse doesn't cut it as photos of the module and information about the mission were publicly available before the launch, before the craft went missing, and before there would have been any contact with anything on Mars.

15. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

my bad...its just everyone ive talked to about that says they heard that :/

16. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    First there's posts about continuity problems now we're on when planes were retired and what Mars probes actually were. I don't really see those as errors; that's just suspending belief.

It's like saying the laptop Neo uses in The Matrix had a different size screen or a different font in reality. Who cares? It's not any interruption in the flow or story line, it's just used for effects.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  17. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

Why would the bus that bonecrusher destroys blow up?
    Even if it was filled with diesel, it would not explode. Diesel is non combustible.
    Flamable yes... combustible no
    In the case of diesel, explosive detonation is essentially impossible, since the fuel burns progressively as it is injected, and thus cannot explode all at once.

18. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Megatron's position - when he was frozen in the ice, he had a hand held out in front of him, with his head at something of an angle... yet in the S7 base, he's standing perfectly upright. How did they manage that without defrosting him?

19. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the Michael Bay universe. Everything explodes there, making it a somewhat dangerous place to live in.

20. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

In the book in 1969 when Megs was being transported. He woke up, stood up and was knocked flat then re-frozen.