The Energon shortage crisis...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chopperface, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    "With the AllSpark gone, we cannot return life to our planet."

Maybe I was just tired by the film's end, but that line in Prime's speech at the end of TF1 never really rang a bell in my head.

Then it became clear to me in ROTF - the Autobots and Decepticons are seriously screwed here. Without the AllSpark, no restoration of life, and no new life. Shards aren't gonna hold an entire species.

"The AllSpark is destroyed, and without it, our race will perish."

The Harvesters are completely unacceptable to Prime, so that option is out the window as well.

In The Veiled Threat ROTF prequel novel, Ironhide mentions they were able to produce artificial Energon. He also says they could detect real Energon on Earth, but they didn't have time or freedom at the time.

They could try to do what they did in G1 - go around turning Earth's resources into Energon.

With apparently the bots now common knowledge on Earth, they might have that freedom.

So how the hell are they gonna be able to pull through this? Ideas?

2. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    I don't think they will, The "Autobots go home" and "Decepticons go home" signs show terrans don't like them too much, so unless they hide, or find a new power to restore their species, they will offline in time.

3. fisch

fisch In a room...WITH A MOOSE!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't Sam the key to the transformers race now? Could have sworn The Fallen mentioned to Megs that the cube couldn't be destroyed, it simply transforms.

I have a feeling they are gonna approach this like the Energon cartoon, Sam will act like Kicker, sensing and then taking the Autobots to energy sources which have similar traits to Cybertronian Energon, while doing so, they will stumble upon our recently named "Main Decepticon" who has been creating his own artificial Energon.

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The Allspark merely uploaded to Sam's brain only to be transferred to the Matrix.

The Matrix is similar to the Allspark but the impression we got is that both the Allspark and Matrix are Energon batteries that need to refuel with a star.

5. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I have had an idea for the past week about where the movie may head.

Spoilers

So what I was thinking is before the civil war broke out on Cybertron, Shockwave was a scientist. He was attempting to create an artificial all spark of sorts, but it was too powerful to actually be harnessed. Shockwave then decided that it was too powerful, and that it needed to get off cybertron, so he appointed Omega Supreme to take it somewhere safe.

When OS leaves, the war broke out, and any remaining energon on the planet was depleted. Shockwave then spends his time trying to theorize a plan to harness it, and finally comes up with a solution.

Meanwhile, OS ended up crash landing on earth in Russia in his alt mode (a rocket). He is then put in stasis lock from the crash. He is locked up tighter than a drum (including the cargo hold that has the artificial Allspark) The russians discover him which gives them ideas for their space program.

Then the movie will be the great huntto find OS

6. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

how's to say that the autobots aren't building another sun harvester and finding a way to do it safely.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    The only way demonstrated in fiction to use a Harvester is to drain the Suns. It's morally inexcuable and undoable to Autobots. Prime wouldn't hear any of it.

I doubt they'll reuse the Harvester idea.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Sam will find a stain in his boxer shorts that beams a Cybertronian map into his mind which will help him lead the Autobots to the second Allspark. What? Didn't you know there's more than one Allspark? There's loads of them. But due to having to link Sam to finding stuff in the BayFormers movies only he can locate them. You have to wonder how the Cybertronians ever got anything done before Sam was born.
    The clever twist will be that Sam is the next Allspark. All you have to do to activate it is unscrew his head from his body. 'No no no no no!' you say? Indeed.

Failing that Unicron will turn up chock full of energon and once he's been defeated there'll be enough left over to restore both Cybertron and rebuild the Allspark from shards.