The ending that could have been.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KnightHawkke, Jul 2, 2011.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Submitted for your consideration, something I was pondering this evening. Granted for this to work there would need to be some slight adjustment to order of occurrences in the last part film, but nothing too drastic, anyway..

Picture with me now the scene...

Once the Space Bridge is disabled and Sentinel realizes his plan to save Cybertron and Transformer civilization as a whole has fell to naught he realizes there is but one thing left to do, as futile as it may be at this point in the game he decides to try to save the Autobots left on earth, at least they can carry on and maybe someday in the future make things right.

A few moments earlier Shockwave happens upon Megatron in that alley, pulls him up and tells him it's time to get up and deal with his business or he would be forced to take command, after a short but dramatic discussion Megatron decides to take Shockwave with him as well as gathering up Sentinel and battle Optimus three on one and get what hopefully would be an easy victory.

Through some creative piece placement on the battlefield, the rest of the Autobots and humans are off dealing with various Decepticons and the 4 combatants are left alone in the most open place in the city (not personally being familiar with Chicago I can't say exactly where that is :( )

(You'll have to bear with a bit as move-by-move battle choreography is not something I am well practiced in.)

Shockwave, Megatron and Sentinel surround Prime as he says something to the effect of "So this is how it is to be? Very well." and Prime brandishes his axe and shield lunging at Megatron, the melee begins with Shockwave and Megatron doing most of the heavy battling against Optimus while Sentinel does enough to keep up his appearances, after sustaining substantial, but not fatal damage Optimus tries one last time to reason with Sentinel, at which time Sentinel turns on Shockwave and they peel off to a second battle which temporarily fades off into the background while OP and Megs face off (going to abbreviate names from here on out) OP says something to the effect of "This ends today, now and forever. There will be no more slaughter, no more destruction while I still function. (zip)" To which Megs replies along the lines of "Then we will just have to remedy that problem" followed by grappling where they both end up on their knees looking eye to eye. The scene cuts to SW and SP battling pretty evenly with the usual exchange of random taunts.

Flash back to OP and Megs with a continuing melee, buy this time they have lost the usual external weapons and are battling hand to hand for a few good scenes till they are both knocked to the ground again. OP glances out of the corner of his eye toward SP and SW just in time to see SW blasts SP in the chest full bore, while he falls SP takes off half of SW's head with his blade as they both fall prone. Cut to a close up of OP wincing momentarily before glaring at Megs who is rising back to his feet, the music of the scene suddenly takes a massively dark turn as you see OP's eyes turn a shade toward red and his face grow as angry looking as can for it's model arising to his feet OP grabs a charging Megs and throws him down face first driving his knee into Megs back and pulling his head up, followed by saying "Look around you Megatron, don't you see, first Cybertron, now Earth, everywhere you step foot dies, it ends NOW!" followed by Megatron who by now is finally realizing this maybe his last moments says "But where would you be without me?" (Yes I know that is a stupid line, but bear with me) "I would be at home on Cybertron, a living Cybertron with my friends living our lives the way we were meant to. The humans would be living their lives as they were meant to before you interfered." With a cold and quiet tone he finishes "No more." at which point he goes about as the scene follows of relieving Megatron of his head and spine. At which time he frowns and shakes his head.

the music then takes a more somber tone as OP walks toward the area of SW and SP's last stand and sees SP still slowly stirring at which time he walks toward him and kneels over his body not really knowing what to say he grabs SP's hand. SP speaks his movie line "It seemed the only way to save Cybertron, I am sorry I betrayed you" at which point his life ends, OP hanging his head in total dismay.

The ending can then follow as the movie where the remaining Autobots and Humans gather and OP delivers the appropriate monologue and cut to credits.

2. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

That was actually outstanding

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's actually pretty good...though I have some trouble reconciling that Sentinel being the same one that killed Ironhide rather mercilessly. That might've needed to be changed to Sentinel only maiming him (taking him out of commission for the rest of the film to heal), or a Decepticon killing Ironhide from behind to Sentinel's surprise/anger.

But again, that's a pretty good alternate scenario.

4. MegaDevastator

MegaDevastator Constructicon

...Marry me? :I

5. SONICDEBEZT

SONICDEBEZT DESTROYER OF WORLDS

News Credits:
    WOW that would be a freakin awesome way to end it how did you think of that? :) 

6. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

while I appreciate the work you must have put into all....that, I simply have no interest in wading thru all of it.
    Just enjoy what they gave us. Its been a few days now, why is everyone pissin an moanin so much? The movie was fuckin badass, and I think we were lucky to get big screen TF in the first place.

Im tired of bitchin about it. I love G1, but its gettin campy. Optimus and the way they make him look is better now. Hes still Prime. But I aint livin in the 80s anymore, theres too much new and good shit to enjoy with you brothers.
    The continuity in splintered always will be so why complain about it or try to go nuts piecing it into something that "goes together".

I think Ill try to chill on the fan-whining (which I am thoroughly capable of) and focus on gettin a job now, sell some stuff here and there on junkion and return to you guys when all the crybabies settle down.

Till All Are One , Ill see you guys soon

7. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Now I'm even more depressed. This is how good the ending could have been. I loved the film, but the ending seemed so rushed and not cleverly thought through enough.

8. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

While I still prefer the truce ending, this sounds pretty cool. Good job.

9. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

This ending is totally outstanding...especially OP eyes going red till the battle is over...they could turn back blue once he approaches the dying Sentinel. Combine this with a close call Battle between SW and OP in Chernobyl and i think the film would go "triple unobtainium" at the box office and home media. This really is a great ending. It even themes well with the title DOTM, because it means it literally, "the moon", and could also stand for "the other side" and/or "the unknown" (dark side/anger/evil) conveyed in Sentinel's betrayal and return to the good, AND in OP's fight/victory with megs (going just into the other side but pulling back before it overtakes you(like megatron has failed to do, leading to his current condition).Thanks KnightConvoy.

10. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

That's pretty damn awesome, BECOME A SCREENWRITER.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

It's the only thing that truly bugged about the film.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really enjoy this "alternate" ending. I thoroughly enjoy Sentinel Prime's character and his role in DotM. While his methods were flawed, his motive was noble. I really wanted to see this character have a brief moment of redemption.

13. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

not sure how "big fight" is an alternate ending.

14. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

In mid monolouge, a blast knocks Prime down. Pan to a familiar, smirking robot brandishing a oversized Walther P-38. The Walther Transforms, as the figure says
    " See Starscream, this reality does offer little threat. Soundwave, jam their transmissions. Decepticons, attack!"

15. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the compliments and comments, in short I just saw what were the biggest concerns about the latter parts of the film and it seemed like a logical fix. Now, of course, to be useful it would need some fleshing out and polish.

Soundwave gets better use, and even though he had flipped his bucket (zip) Sentinel gets that last moment redemption, even if just a slight one. Megatron doesn't have to prodded into action by Carly and the true torment of Optimus at the time is much better illustrated.

Even if your not a big fan of the film If you look back to the Black Hole in 1979 where Bob dies and with proper music and movement Vincent shows so much emotion in the simple drop of his eyes. It all seemed pretty clear as to the way to make Optimus seem less like an "unfeeling killer" and more like a tortured leader.
    Clip of Video

Oh and on a side note I realized I should have said "An" ending :lol 

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    KC...I really like your alternative ending..all but OP's eyes going a tinge to the red side, he doesn't need red eyes to be angry with the outcome of Megs comments and the resulting fight. Your suggestion gives the main 4 bots a nice bit of screen battle time and it is a more dignified ending for everybot. Thank you...now go write TF4..we are here, we are waiting. :popcorn 

17. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though I do like the movie ending, this fan written ending is superior. It would have give Optimus and Megs a longer fight and would have given Shockwave something to do. It's so full of win.

18. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    that would have been an awesome, epic ending but i agree that with this ending Ironhide won't have to be killed off, just get fatally injured by a Decepticon while Sentinel watched in ambivalent agony. but this would have been an epic ending. you should have directed the movie.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Why didn't you make this movie? That was an amazing idea!