The ending of Beast Wars...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Today I watched Nemesis part 1 and 2, and I must say the ending was awesome. I was like "damn, when did the antropoids found out how to build huts and start fire so fast when in part 1 they were living in caves?". And BLAM!! I see 'you know who' on the throne. I cracked half of my ribs laughing. Awesome ending of the series.

Now I'll start the series from the beginning and watch the eps chronologicaly, since I watched them haphazzardly as they were dl'd, though I waited to have whole multi-parters.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, as I've been pretty much bedridden for the past two months (likely a month longer or more), I've been going through my Transformer boxed sets of Beast Wars and my Chinese box set of G1. I watched my Beast Machines (off of eBay) DVDs once, and that was painful enough.

As for BW, it was a pretty good show and had more character growth and development to it because of its smaller cast. They kept the characters to seven or less to either side because of the costs associated with animating each CGI character. Although the BW season one animation doesn't hold up to today's standards, some of the episodes and characters make up for that.

Even though most of us will agree with the fact that Beast Machines was a big BM, I'd love to see Hasbro go back and "revisit" some of the post reformatted Cybertron characters and places and revisit the place. Ironically enough, my favorite episodes of Beast Machines were the last five.

3. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Beast Wars rocks! The series needs a better sequel than BM... (I like BM but there are so many flaws...)

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The finale of Beast Wars provides great closure. You get all the threads tied up, but with enough left open. I don't agree with everything Beast Machines did, but it is a decent sequel and a good show in its own right.

5. Razorclaw

I haven't watched the Beast Machines series, but I intend to when I get it.

Sorry to hear that man. I hope it isn't something very serious, you broke a leg or something in like 5 places? :D 

6. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

I would take Beast Wars and Beast machines over the armada, energon and cybertron crap!!

those shows ruled because not only kids enjoyed them adults did too, and the animation i still think is awesome today!!

7. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

I love the end of Beast Wars, but the biggest thing that always gets me, is why didnt Optimus fly in Dinobots Direction and grab him while grabbing the transwarp drive?!?!?

8. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Nemesis was awesome, and it's kind of hard to believe that they crammed as much as they did into two episodes without making things seem too rushed. The only part I didn't really like was that Megatron killed Inferno and Quickstrike, but even that made sense considering he didn't think that he needed any troops at all, save Dinobot to help pilot the Nemesis.

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:

Actually, it unforuntately is something serious in the form of an extremely rare genetic disorder called Acute Intermittent Porphyria. It is exceptionally rare in men, and mine started after I had mononucleosis. I've been in an out of the local emergency rooms, unfortunately, on a weekly basis. I'm getting to know pretty well which ones are decent, and which ones to avoid. Thankfully, I'm getting close to some sort of a regular treatment program.

With all of this going on, as I've mentioned, I've been out-of-work and pretty much bedridden. The only good thing about that is I've had the chance to watch my Transformers boxed sets of G1, Beast Wars and Beast Machines. I've had the opportunity to notice things I hadn't before and other things I just don't like.

The "sight gags" or the facial deformities in the presence of a joke of Beast Wars were terrible and looked like crap. They didn't have any place in the series and I never liked them. I did love some of the jokes in Beast Wars, like some of the one-liners and other jokes such as referring to poor Rattrap's smell.

Season Three of Beast Wars was, in my opinion, one of the highlights of any animated Transformers series to date. Despite some of the continuity flaws, it was well written, highly detailed and had awesome characters. Depth Charge, Tigerhawk, TM2 Cheetor and TM2 Dinobot (BW Dinobot in general) were some of the best developed characters in Transformers history.

One thing a lot of people didn't like with Beast Wars, or Beast Machines, was the divergence from straight vehicular forms or animal forms. A rat with tailpipes? Well, sure you can use your imagination, but that is a bit of a stretch.

10. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I like season 3, but I've always thought that season 2 (including the season 1 finale and the the beginning of season 3) was, imho, the best run of Beast Wars. In that period, you had Megatron's playing of everyone at the end of season 1, the introduction of Rampage, Code of Hero (the trump card), Ravage, and the first tie in to G1. Honestly, though, we're talking about slight differences between 2 awesome story arcs.

11. DWN013

DWN013 Holy crap in a pita!

I completely agree, but don't forget Other Visits (or voices? whichever one had the cottonweed fortress). After the three season finales, I always thought that was the most entertaining multi-parter in BW.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes Beast Wars was IMO the best written TF series on TV. Such a shame certain people won't even give the show a chance. *cough*razerwire*redline*cough*

13. blackwind

blackwind New Member

Ebay:
    I really enjoyed Beast Wars, especially the second and third seasons. I liked how this version of Megatron always seemed one step ahead of the curve, and each setback was a minor divergence on his path to success.

That said, I really enjoyed Beast Machines. It was a great, dark story with a hail mary pass victory at the end. While it didn't have the near constant humor of BW (die cast construction...lol) There were occasional humor elements to help lift the perpetual feeling of doom that hung over the heroes.

14. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I'd say that the underlying reason I don't like BM is that I see so much wasted potential. I have quite a different idea on where the series should've gone (with regards to every area of BM).

15. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Yeah the last two eps were cool. It's just a shame that so many ideas got cut. I would have loved to see the G1 TFs fight. Hell, even the scene where Primal rips out the transwarp drive would've been great :( 

16. Razorclaw

I'm sorry to hear this, my brother had mononucleosis in high school, so I know the situation you're in is much more serious. I sincerely hope your condition can be treated if not cured.

I agree with you on this. I love Depth Charge, he's a real blend between Punisher and Harry Callahan. I also love TM2 Dinobot with his "don't f*** with me man" attitude.

17. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Yeah, Bw was great.

Edit: Sorry.

18. Razorclaw

No spoilers!!!

19. Razorclaw

Damn right, I don't want to spoil the ending for other's who haven't watched the ending. I know it would spoil it for me if I knew what was going on in the end.

20. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Um dude...this is a thread about "the ending of Beast Wars". Why the hell shouldn't there be any spoilers?