The End of the Live Movie Franchise, The end of Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Thenames9, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    The Live Movies have lots of haters, G1 purists, general fans. They don't like the designs, poor plot, Bay sucks... I admit, at times I have been like that, but think about it, Transformers has never been more popular. I got into TFs through Animated, not the Live Movies, but it's something I enjoy and I collect the toyline.
    But to be honest, Transformers has never been more popular than now. Maybe during the 80s, but I don't know about that. I really can't see how Transformers can gain more popularity and a bigger fanbase without the Live Movies. Unless there's a spectacular new cartoon then I'm an idiot, but for now, I think the Live Movies, at the moment, is the heart of Transformers, maybe not for TF fans, but for kids and parents.

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Transformers survived and thrived for a long time with out the live actions movies and I feel it will continue to do so after they are gone.

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    Nah, we're getting a new cartoon, WFC has generated plenty of interest, and there's still the possibility of some other director making a TF movie. The franchise is fine.

4. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget the upcoming theme park ride..

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

to have TF4,TF5,TF6 right after each other. would be a far worse fate than a break or reboot. the star trek movies did this & almost killed the francise. currently harry potter is doing this & that will kill that francise. Starwars did this with the animated cartoons in the 1980's & that killed the francise for about 10+years.

I like the Live action TF movie toy designs. I hate the micheal bay TF live action movies. so yes,it's possible to like one thing & hate the other.

Transformers has a lot on it's plate & keeps re-inventing it self every few years. any break in the live action TF movies will be filled with newer TF cartoons with a accompying toy line. updated homage toy new mold lines will always be there in some shape & form.

6. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Sigh: You do realize that those films are based on a series of books, and in order to make them, without recasting everyone, they had no choice but to make them in sequence like they did. Besides, they're not killing the franchise, that are completing it.

Sorry for the non-TF post, but that Harry Potter part needed rebuttal.

I have to agree with the OP. Over the past 10 years I've always checked out the toy dept. at Wal-Mart. It wasn't until the 1st live movie hit that this level of Transformers toys have been on the shelves. Even now, there are a few animated toys out there, a handful of Generations toys, and those four from WFC. The majority stem from the movie lines.

7. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Nah, Transformers will always be around in some form.