The End of the Great War?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TerraDestroyer, Aug 30, 2007.

1. TerraDestroyer

TerraDestroyer "Sometimes crazy works."

News Credits:
    This is something I've always kinda' had trouble wrapping my head around what exactly prompted the end of The Great War and the subsequent signing of the Pax Cybertronia, and the following Great Upgrade ('Bots and 'Cons to Maxies and Preds).

IF we are to consider the admittedly HORRIBLE cannon of the G1 continuity (which leads to the Beast Wars), we are led to believe, with a little re-working, that sometime after Prime sacrificed himself to restore Vector Sigma (after reviving to slap his bitch Rodimus around and fix that whole Hate Plague mess), Star Saber and Deathsaurus (y'know...the name that MAKES SENSE?) had their little spat in Transformers Victory, I would hazard the guess that it's the Transformers Zone OVA/manga/story/whatever that marks the end of G1.

It's simply a reasoning of an "End-all, Be-all" of battles only fit to end the saga of Generation 1 (assuming one wants to ignore G2....OW CONTINUITY BURNS).
    I mean, good lord, huge horrible Unicron-esque "Dark Nova" thingy revives Galvatron and makes Super Megatron? Star Saber finds the lifeforce of the universe and uses it to revive Optimus, making him Star Convoy? THE FINAL VILLAIN'S NAME IS "STAR GIANT"? Randomly awesome fun, and it works for me!

Thoughts on how the Great War ended?

2. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    It might be easier to resolve BW continuity with G1 if you ignore the Japanese continuity. I don't think BW makes any reference to it, and frankly it all gets a bit mad, what with the super-villains and confusing leadership juggling. I like to think the end of Season 4 was the end of the Great War, a time of peace and alliance and the eventual upgrading to predacon and maximal sizes for fuel conservation.

Although, I can't really imagine a reason for distinction between maximal and predacon except to set up further conflict....

Probably best to not think about it too hard, heheheh.

3. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

have to agree.i assumed that the end of the "rebirth" arc in g1 ended the great war as per the beast wars continuity.
    my evidence is that bw/bm weren't japanese produced themselves,so it's probably just easier to leave out the japanese versions between g1 and bw.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Actually it's the alliance formed at the end of the G2 comic and the ongoing events of the text stories released after that which gives rise to Beast Wars, as it was stated that the Vok evolved from G2's Swarm.

So the end of the G2 comic is possibly the end of the Great War. At least it doesn't leave Scorponok drifting in space with Galvatron (though it does leave the Liege Maximo plotting)

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My G1 really ended with Zone and the Japanese TV Mag Return of Star Convoy, Operation Combination etc. BW/BM IMHO tried a liitle too hard to be part of G1 but I've written BW/BM off as an "Alternate TF Universe." I'm not a Beast hater, in fact I enjoy Beasts, but I refuse to accept that 'G1' ended with a Weed-Covered Cybertron. So Anyway, "The Great War" could refer to just about anything in BW/BM.

I wouldn't mind forgetting about most of G2 either. :D 

6. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

To me it all ended an a technorganic cybertron. well unless they every do anything with universe and GOD i hope they do.

7. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that the Vok = evolved Swarm was a theory, not fact. Which is one I can deal with, in any case - but on the other hand, G2 runs off the G1 comic, doesn't it? Which allows for the "dead" of G1-cartoon to be still running around.

I just run w/ G1 cartoon -> BW/BM(ugh), cuz I hated the high disappearance/death count of the G1 comics (at least G2 death toll had mostly a purpose). I mean I know the whole franchise is about selling toys, but it got to the point that "oh - so & so is in the comics... must have a toy - he's kinda cool/sucks, time to go to store/avoid"... another rant for elsewhen.

So it's either shortly after G1 cartoon/rebirth that the war ends, or end of g2 - depending on what contiuities one mashes together.

I can't wait til TF:Animated comes out - yet another timestream to contradict "canon" with.

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    But Beast Wars takes all of its story cues from the Marvel Comics (in no small part to Simon Furman's writing involvement).

Beast MACHINES, on the other hand, ignores the comics entirely. The only way it makes sense is if Beast Machines is actually an alternate universe where the beast wars followed the cartoon.

And then it actually makes TOO MUCH sense.

9. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    That's not entirely accurate, off the top of my head, the Possesion episode has Starscream referring to fighting Unicron alongside Galvatron (which was a lie) and Blackarachnia revealing that he was actually killed by Galvatron. That's not how it happened in the comics.

Also, comics had Shockwave and Dinobots on earth since prehistoric times, how come BW Megs didn't know about those like he did the Ark and Nemesis and try to exploit them?

I think BW used bits and bats of both comic and cartoon, whatever they felt fit, really.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  10. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. It's its own unique G1 universe.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ....And the all lived happily ever after in pumpkin,THE END! :p 

I say Allaince!