The End of the Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by monosierra, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is that such a bad thing? That more people are getting into Transformers because of the movies?

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them eventually move onto something else, but surely having more people into Transformers is healthy for the brand.

2. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

He's saying the critics *don't* love the movie.

3. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

ah! you mean love to hate the movie?

4. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Nah he means the movie critics and the TF fans hate the movie.

But the normal people/non-TF fans are loving it.

It is doing good at the box office, gotta admit. I just hope the bluray release is a 2 disk with all kinds of cool special features.

5. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    noone is saying there would be 8, or even asking for that. certain dumb adults on forums seem to like making these hyperbole to make a point, a point that holds no real ground whatsoever. the reviews will not kill the franchise. the toys are selling very well(especially considering how munted the economy is) and the movie is a blockbuster hit despite critics not enjoying it. there will more than likely be a TF3(considering it was greenlit two days before the first one came out, same time as the second) and they've already announced dates for it. the people want michael bay's transformers for whatever reason (maybe they just enjoy it? crazy thought, people enjoying something. almost as crazy as someone enjoying a 25 year old cartoon designed to sell toys to kids!) and they will most likely get it.

harry potter is something COMPLETELY different too. funnily enough, a considerable number of fans in their world think their movie adaptations are crap.

6. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Please nothing like Harry Potter. I've tried to watch some of those movies and I always feel like I'm watching the same movie over and over.

This year at Hogwarts, Harry will do THE SAME DAMN THING HE DID THE YEAR BEFORE! But now he's a little taller!

Though I've got to admit the trailer for the new Hpotter movie did look rather interesting.

As for TF movies, I'll take as many as they make for as long as they make them. I enjoy Friday the 13th/Jason movies and if I can watch all 12 of those crap fests and still really enjoy them, Transformers should be a piece of cake.

7. Silverbolt1982

Silverbolt1982 Member

In all honesty I believe for the third film to be truly successful, and at least get half decent reviews, then a new director is needed. Bay will just deliver more of the same, and personally I want a stronger story, and more character development, and cool actions scenes that aren't confusing as hell. The problem is Bay can't deliver that, he's just not that talented, or focused enough to do it. So a new director is a must. Also Kurtzman, and Orci seemed bored, or lazy with the script for ROTF, so new blood could be used as far as writers go too. The main thing, the cast is locked in for a third installment. Also the Transformers have already been established to the general audience, so that hurtle has already been jumped. The new director would just have to come in pick up where Bay left off, take the franchise to the next level, and tell a good story.

8. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    In all honesty. I like where bay has taken the franchise. He's thinking outside the normal spectrum of movie making and doing something completely differents by making tf2 so basic in its story telling that its different. I love that, it feels like a breath of fresh air compared to the twisting, turning paths other big blockbusters tak story wise, and how deep their characters are and that you have to think about what your watching.

With TF2 however, that all changes. It is a movie where its main purpose is to entertain. And entertain it does. Its fun and I like how bay has almost brought this type film making back into the limelight. The last movie I remember seeing that left me this stoked is the power rangers movie, and I was a kid when I saw that.

9. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Bay would win all my props if he let the d-cons win. Let Megatron have earth and send the Autobots into hiding. That is something not normally done, and everyone would remember it.

10. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Never happen.

11. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

I know, dude will never get my props.

12. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

Regardless of all the jerky camera movement during action scenes that everyone is complaining about...Bay has some filmed some GREAT action scenes!! Both Transformers films have had some awesome action sequences and I honestly don't think there are any directors that would have pulled it off like Bay did. People can complain about his action shots all they want...but that is one area that the man knows how to shoot! The highway scene in the first film with Optimus and Bonescrusher...AWESOME! The forest fight in TF2...KICK ASS!! That action sequence with Sideswipe, the motorcycles and Sideways...although short, it was on point!
    Keep Bay....get rid of Orci and Kurtzman. They call themselves fans?! PLEASE! Their writing sucked and had many holes in it. Let someone that has written for the cartoons/comics and KNOWS the universe, take a crack at it. Those two failed.