the end of a crisis (infinite crisis 7) spoilers will come

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, May 3, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, im about to leave work and go buy it...so excited...cant wait to get my hands on it and read it in the parking lot before leaving the store....i wonder whats gonna happen...and who/if will die....crazyness....i absolutely love this series....be back with more once ive read it....

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I just read it, and DAMN. What an issue. Issue starts with the big three blaming themselves for Superboy's death. Big battle in Metropolis, lots of gore. Bart Allen comes back wearing Barry Allen's Flash costume. SB Prime decides to go destroy OA and create a new "big bang" and new universe. Somehow Captain Atom returns to the DC universe. Many green lantern forces attack SB Prime, resulting in many of their deaths including the guy that looks like a gecko and the Humpty Dumpty looking guy. (Sorry don't know their names.) Batman and Alexander Luthor get in a brawl that ends up with Batman pulling a gun on Alex. (???) Diana tells Batman that it's not worth it. Batman says he knows. A building topples on Alexander and he is missing. Superman of Earth 1 and 2 grab SB Prime and fly him into the red sun of the remains of Krypton to drain his powers. They crash on planet Mogo and an all out brawl between the three ensues. SB Prime beats the crap out of Earth 2 Superman leaving him near death. Superman E1 then beats the crap out of SB Prime and E1 loses his powers in the process. The GL's trap the beaten SB Prime in a Green lock thing. Then Kal-L dies in Power girls arms and the scene in the sky of the classic Superman and Lois is very moving. :(  Bart talks to Jay garrick and reveals he no longer has speed and now Jay is the fastest man alive. Alexander Luthor is shown plotting his next move in the alleys of Gotham when he is cornered by Lex Luthor and the Joker. The Joker shoots acid at Alex's head and zaps him with his hand buzzer right in the head and shoots him point blank, killing him. "Now who's stupid?" says Lex. The big three decide they need some time off but the other heros will protect the world until they return. 2 page splash of the heros that live on. (Why Black Adam and 2 Flash's is shown I don't know...) Back on OA, the cell holding SB Prime is shown. SB Prime is guarded by a simulated Red sun and 50 green lanterns at all times. He carves a superman emblem onto his bare chest and bleeds in his cell. He says, "I've been in worse places than this...and I've gotten out," with a demonic grin. Uh oh. Despite seeing Kal-L die, I though the issue was pretty good. I'm surprised SB Prime lives on. I wonder what his future holds.

3. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

I knew that the Joker would be back but I didn't know how.

I really think that Super boy Prime should have died, because when he comes back i bet they water him down. It took two supermen and a red sun to defeat him the first time, but I bet they let Robin beat him all by himself in a year or two.

Great Final issue, the first cross over event in a long time where I actually enjoyed the ending.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I wonder if Superboy Prime will be involved in 52 at all? It would be the perfect place to have him return since 52 grows out of Infinite Crisis.

5. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

So from what I gathered Nightwing survived alex's attack and that was him waiting on the boat with tim right? It looked like him but the art was too hard to tell so if someone could confirm this for me please I'd apprecate it.

That said this was a damn great issue, like the whole series it really felt packed and alot of stuff going on. I kind of wish they would of made it like 9 or 12 issues so things could go at a better pace. But then I think people would be even more bitch about crisis fatigue that were already hearing about. The main story got across but it was alot to take in.

And now it's on to civil war and in my opinion its got a hell of an act to follow

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Good issue. Good wrapup to the series. Not great, but definately a better ending that Identity Crisis gave us.

2 questions: WTF was the thing the kids found on the beach? And is that red haired "Batwoman" who I think she is?

7. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Crossing Dressing Carrot-Top..? Yep. Sure is.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I liked it. Not as good as the last issue, but still very good.

Favorite moments:

- Guy Gardner telling Superboy Prime what a weenie he is, right to his face. This is why Guy is awesome.

- The final end of Alexander Luthor. Nice.

- The homage to the scene in CoIE where Wally became Flash, albeit with a twist.

- The big OYL heroes splashpage, and the first looks at some of the new/redesigned characters. OYL Uncle Sam looks cool, as does Batwoman.

- The fitting send off to the frist superhero.

Things that didn't work:

- Really inconsistent artwork. Too many artists, and at least one of them wasn't that great. :( 

The kids found what looks like the lantern from Tangent Comics' Green Lantern, as seen in IC #6 during the multiple worlds page.

And I don't know who Batwoman is, but I don't think it's who you think it is.

9. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Yeah that was Dick and Tim on the boat.

A good ending over all, although SB Prime still being alive was a disappointment. Letting him get out and come back is about as bad as Doomsday coming back, it just can't hold the same danger. Best part was Lex and the Joker though.

10. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Wow, sounds like it was a really good series. Next time I go see my guy(in a few days probably) I'll have to see if he's got all 7, or at least if he can get me the older ones.

11. orionprime

orionprime <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

It is the staff Of the Green Lantern from the Tangent universe.

http://members.tripod.com/~Lantern_light/misc8.htm

12. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Now, if only The Flash from Tangent could come back. I thought she was a cute character. Might fit in well with Teen Titans.

-Tony!
    Wants more Tangent and Amalgam

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I see one of two things happening at some point.

1: The GL staff brings Connor back. I know in the tangent books it was temporary, but don't forget that different universes sometimes mean different rules.

2: Robin somehow uses Superboy Prime to bring Connor back.

14. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

"You didn't let the Joker play."

*BLAM*

Gold.

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    man, yeah, wow....i loved that the joker ended alex luthor....that was the most hilarious thing ever....i loved that scene in 4 or 5 were joker was asking about it, and i think its great that alex was built into this new earth, and was allowed to be taken down by the best villian ever....loved it....and superboy prime is gonna get out, but not for years i hope....my only complaint is i still wish they had released the OYL books after this...cuz the past 2 issues they show nightwing get taken down, and i yelled no....then remembered that ive read nightwing 118 and 119 and that good ole dicky is still alive and kickin....took out that suspense...also, it woulda been nice to actually go for the next year without those 3 in comics at all, but i can see why (from a business viewpoint) that would be bad....

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Read this issue and overall the series was satisfying and I agree that the Joker-Alex scene caught me off-guard! Kinda sad of Kal-L though...

17. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Everything wrapped up pretty much as I expected, except for the fate of our three protagonists. I figured that, with OYL and all, we'd be left open to guess whether or not they had survived. But, I have to say, I DO like how IC helps the heroes to reformulate who they are (Bruce going back to his roots, literally; Clark realizing what it really means to be a SUPERman; Diana finding out who she really is). "52" should prove to be an interesting series, too.

Very, very surprised that Dick survived, too. I'm happy and all, but I was pretty damn certain the man was dead.

I'm sort of disappointed no one's mentioned how unbelievably cool it was to watch two Supermans bullet Superboy Prime into Krypton's red sun. That, and the fact that they survived, was surprising.

18. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Yeah I picked it up today and also finished reading Villians United IC Special, man reading that then right to IC7 really helped.

Me seeing Doomsday fighting two Supermans Rocked to me. Though I kept trying to see who all SB Prime killed I noticed Baron Blitzkreig easily but who else did he off (and don't mean the GLs)

I really enjoyed this series and I have to say Alex Luthor did get what he deserved, you get a bunch of Villians together and don't invite the Joker, yep your in some DEEP caka.

19. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    The two Superman's literally knocked off Doomsday head, right? Or was that just a weird angle for the shot?

20. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I have a quick question. When a Kryptonian is under the presence of a red sun, they're just as human as you or me, right? So, wouldn't Superman flying into the red sun have the same effect on him as you or me flying into our sun? (EG, instant extra-crispy?)