The END ALL BE ALL Encore Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by onnsake, Oct 4, 2012.

1. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Time to start saving then :D 

2. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

Where is our encore Trypticon??? we should of had him by now!

3. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I'm extremely happy if the rumors are true and Star Saber and Dai Atlas see the light of day. I doubt I'll take the plunge since those are characters I have no attachment to, but the fact that collectors will get a chance to own these factory-fresh is just awesome, even if they are pricey. And I want Encore to succeed and continue so that my dream can come true someday....Dinobots. Come on Takara! Make it happen!! Dinobots are money in the bank...just like Soundwave, the costs to repair the molds WILL be recouped!!

4. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm chomping at the bit for these two even though I already have a Star Saber. I'm very curious about any differences on the new ones.

5. cybergaurdian

cybergaurdian Well-Known Member

TCracker, do you mean the costs of the Encore's are going to be steep or that there are so MANY that we will be shocked? I would love it to be the latter.

Thinking some more on the Headmasters/ Targetmasters, it really makes sense that TT will start re-issuing them as there are relatively few molds from 84-86 that have not been re-issued in some fashion (conventions, TFC, Encore, Specials, etc.).

If my memory is correct, we are only missing Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack and Blurr from the 84-86 cars; the Dinos (glaring hole); and Windcharger, Brawn, Cliffjumper, Seaspray, Beachcomber and Hubcap from 84-86 Minibots (NO, the Fun4all key chains do NOT count). We also do have the 84-86 triple changers that are apparently being ignored such as Springer (seriously, where is this guy - a major character and nothing?), Octane, Sandstorm, and Broadside.
    Combiners - nuff said. Mold issues aside, all the KO's hurt their chances.

Shockwave, there has been SO many rumors (like the one that TT bought the rights to him and has the molds) that until he shows up for preorder, he is a pipe dream since he was Toybox/Toyco/whatever throw in back in 84-85 by Hasbro to fill the line.

As for the Jumpstarters and The Battlechargers - does anyone even care? Can be had MOSC/MISB for under $90 on eBay if anyone wants them.
    Mail away molds - except for Reflector, they were never popular except with completionists, so just as unlikely. Reflector I really doubt is even on the list.

I feel Sunstreaker may get done yet, even if he is needing some recasting, since TT has the license (really hope they get him out before it expires). Mirage is a legal mess and so is Wheeljack - I recall there being lawsuits by the designers of the actual cars for past royalties since Takara never got permission to use the designs (someone correct me if I am wrong or if you have more details).

Enough rambling. Bring on anything they want to re-issue as long as it has not been done already.

6. bwsilverbolt

bwsilverbolt Well-Known Member

I could see Sunstreaker being done even if the mold needed to be completely redone mainly because he has two built in repaints (police/red) from the Diaclone line.

Wheeljack would be a little tougher though I suppose a Slicer version of him could be done, Malboro might require some approval.

I would buy either of those, or the Dinobots (I would love to see a Diaclone pointy wing/beak Swoop released its my most wanted figure), or Shockwave, while I'd get Mirage he's not high on my list.

Outside of that I don't know if I'd be up for any other release. Metrotitan maybe though I've always found the G1 Metroplex mold underwhelming. While Scorponok is cool I have a 85% complete G1 version of him and what I'm missing isn't visible with how I have him displayed.

I wouldn't mind seeing some new characters created if all that is available is the molds that have already been released. If all they are going to do is release already released figures in different boxes I rather the encore line be done.

7. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Oh, god I'm so fucked this year...

8. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep. Know this that you not only have to content only with Star Saber and Dai Atlas, but something else that will bring your bank account to its knees.

9. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not too big on the victory stuff, but the rumored scorpinok or dinobots would surely make me broke and happy to be so.

10. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'd probably have to pass on any Japanese stuff that wasn't Overlord, but I'd probably get two sets of the Dinobots.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I just bought a vintage Menasor on Sunday at a con so I guess it is time for his encore release.

I would love Trypticton and Scoponok...go all in with Jetfire too :) 

12. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Scorponok would be incredibly cool. I generally stay away from Encore stuff, but I would break the fast for that guy.

13. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I would probably buy an Encore Menasor. Abominus too.

14. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Dinoking? Liokaiser? Deszaras? Road Caesar? Blackzarak? Any other expensive/htf figure? :lol 

I'd DEFINITELY get another Star Saber, Deszaras, Road Caesar, a Liokaiser and Black zarak.

My original Star Saber has gone off white and my Deszaras's Gold chrome, well, it's not Gold anymore :cry  The box of my Road caesar, isn't as mint as I'd like.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    like maybe vic leo, sonic bomber and roadfire? those would be great, you know, the old "finish what you started" adage

16. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hm, must be some more large scale figures. Perhaps Black Zarak, Overlord or the inevitable Grand Max repaint/retool.

17. Michel_Beckers

Michel_Beckers Well-Known Member

a dutch toystore made a comment that there is a Encore Scorponok comming...hope its true

18. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    and then Black zarak! With no GPS! For $150!:D 

19. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

i would love a g1 premium recolour of energon scorponok

20. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits: