1. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I remember a while back it was announced that Prime was nominated for several Emmy's... er, I hate to sound like a "noob" here, but what happened? Did they have some sort of ceremony saying if Prime won or lost? Are they being presented tonight at the Primetime Emmy's? I know it got an Achievement award, at least. Can someone please clear this up... I think I'm going to feel very stupid for watching the Primetime Emmy's right now, if Prime's not even on here.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
  3. Chopperface

News Credits:
    So Prime didn't win anything besides those two Achievement awards?

4. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Being nominated for anything is a big deal when it comes to emmys. Those two emmys Prime won were out of a total of four personal achievements given out a year. Prime got nominated 6 times. So a cartoon ranking up there with the most nominations along with live-action soap dramas is a big accomplishment.

5. Chopperface

News Credits:
    ^ Oh no, I get that it's a big deal if Prime is nominated. I'm just confused on whether these Daytime Emmy's have already taken place. I don't remember a ceremony being advertised on Fox or anything.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's done & over ...was in Las Vegas, June 19th 2011.

7. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Damn I feel like a "noob." Meh.

8. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    I remember reading an article on some website where the writer, who judging from the article's content was a hardened Brony, was effectively bitching and moaning because Transformers Prime had received six Emmy nominations while My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic got nothing. His main argument as to why Prime didn't deserve those nominations was that "My Little Pony is more beloved and fan-favourite!!" :lol 
    (Not that I'm bashing Friendship is Magic or anything, it's decent enough, I just found it funny that the article's writer just wasn't taking it well at all.)

EDIT: Found the article: http://powet.tv/powetblog/2011/05/1...ip-is-magic-gets-snubbed-in-emmy-nominations/

9. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

I lol'd. Nice to know almost everyone that commented disagrees.

Goddamn Bronies...

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Daytime Emmy's - all kids shows and cartoons are usually under this show unless you are the Simpson, Family Guy, or South Park

last night was primetime emmy's

Even so I don't believe the catagories that Prime was nominated for were televised. They only have so many hours on telelvision and only show the main bigger catagories that they feel the majority of people care about like best actress, best actor, etc.

Usually those catagories are smaller and are presented in a smaller separate ceremony about a week before the bigger live tv broadcast. Sometimes (if there is time) they briefly acknowledge those winners during the tv broadcast with a graphic on the screen before going to commerical. I know not very nice but that is the politics of television.

However with recent cancellation of about 4 soap operas I doubt they will even have a daytime emmy awards show anymore or if they do they will have to start televising those other catagories as several catagories are being shelved as a result of having only 2 soap operas of tv and not really having any competition in the bigger catagories anymore.

kind of seems funny televising the catagories they think people will care about are the shows that are getting cancelled, yet the catagories that aren't telelvised are the ones flourishing right now.