2D Artwork: The Embodiment of Destruction- Unicron, Chaos Incarnate

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ligier, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Ligier

Ligier Sweet Angel Deranged

I almost decided not to enter. There are just so many awesome entries and I was getting a little low on self-esteem. Then I realized that the worst thing that would happen is that everyone would ignore my entry. Sure I'd be sad, but I would eventually get over it. My idea here was to take that giant orange-colored satanic sumo wrestler and reimagine him in a way that would be a fitting and threatening big bad for TF3 but still reference the campy original version. I didn't have time to utilize all of my ideas because I wanted to make sure I had time to enter, but I think this is good enough. I realize a lot of people had similar ideas to me, such as having him be black like Energon Unicron or having him have no legs, but my concept here is entirely from the idea-whirlwind called my mind and no ideas were plagiarized from other entries (Although I did draw some design elements from other sources, like the skull-face chest from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, the serpentine lower body from the Pokemon Giratina Origin Forme and the the alternate "planet" mode resembling the Romulan ship "Narada" from the Star Trek movie, everything else is from my head... except the general idea of Unicron of course :redface2: ). So here he is... Unicron.

Unicron
    "I must become Chaos Incarnate to rid the Universe of Chaos forever."

Some Transformers believe that a place existed before the Big Bang. This place was called the Astral Plane and here things like matter and molecules did not exist and yet, life existed. Two brothers, the occupants of this spiritual realm planned an extravagant experiment, they would call it the Universe and here, life would exist, evolution would play out and together they would be spectators as this monumental test took place. However before they could implement this intricate schema they had a disagreement about which of their quantum equations would moderate the Universe above the others. The older brother Primus, being a patient and logical judge believed that life by its own essence could be relied on to keep the Universe in check and thus he believed that the “Absolute Life” equation he had created should rule over all other programs. However Unicron, the vengeful dictator believed that without the fear of death and uncertainty of life the Universe would eventually destroy itself and thus his answer to the order proposed by his brother was the “Chaotic Element” equation. Their quarrel became a war and soon the Astral Plane erupted with explosive energy, launching the very elements the brothers had planned to use to create their Universe into existence. Realizing that the Big Bang had already taken place without their knowledge, the brothers were desperate to release their programs so the Universe would be as each of them had planned. As the two equations activated simultaneously, a rift was torn right through the Astral Plane, destroying it and the brothers in the process. This rift released one object before disappearing from existence, the All Spark, which embodied both the aspects of “Absolute Life” and the “Chaotic Element”. This nature caused it to create countless civilizations, throw them into anarchy and finally destroy them before its constant journey lead it to Cybertron. Although they did not know the full history behind it, the Cybertronians born from this cube knew that they had to have it for themselves, but failed to realize that the components of life and destruction where contained within.

Many years later, during a brief era of peace on Cybertron, when the Transformers’ growing need for Energon outweighed their need to make war, countless technological advancements were achieved. One of said achievements was a prototype Energon Harvester; although as large as a moon it could generate enough Energon for every Transformer on Cybertron for a year by devouring uninhabited planets. However after a single test run, the smaller and more potent Sun Harvesters were created and the “Planet Eater” machine fell into disrepair as it floated through space. With its limited A.I. it questioned its existence and gained self-awareness, in the process learning of its power of persuasion over smaller machines. Enlisting many Transformers as its slaves, it staged a coup on Cybertron to steal the All Spark which it believed would give it a Spark and finally give it purpose. Although he gained the “Absolute Life” he had dreamed of, he did not count on the “Chaotic Element” which filled him with the desire to eat planets without logic or mercy. After devouring Cybertron and countless other planets, he took the name of the original Chaos Bringer, Unicron to signify that he had become a force of nature beyond even his own control. After years of devouring planets he received such an Energon overload from the stockpiles that he had collected and possessed no use for which forced him into a form of Stasis Lock slumber.

In the present day the Decepticons attempt to create a new All Spark by inserting the two quantum equations into the mind of a human child. Across the Universe Unicron awakens, infuriated that someone would attempt something so foolhardy. Although at low power, the awakened Unicron heads to Earth on the war path, eager to make sure no one ever releases such a potent power of destruction ever again… By destroying the Earth.

Attached Files:

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love the fan fic! But the drawing is just alright. Will you do more?

3. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree with Alienbot, great story. Very interesting to see that it's not the original god Unicron, but a simple being that only wanted a purpose and gained more than it intended. Please elaborate on the picture a little though, it's kind of hard so see what's what. But I like where it's going.

4. Ligier

Crap, I was so concerned with fitting everything on one page and getting it all in on time, I forgot to really elaborate on where one picture ends and the other one begins.

Hopefully the new picture clears things up a little.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, thanks for the additional picture, I find it interesting how many Unicron fan arts have dispensed with the legs, no matter, I like the genie look.

6. Ligier

I think we all realized that people would be too caught up in the question of why he needs them (Does he take a jog after he devours a planet or something?) and be distracted from their entry. Plus the serpent-centaur look just struck me as appropriate personally.