The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Thread.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by tarouza, Mar 17, 2006.

?

Which version of Oblivion did you get?

1. PC

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 360

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a similar problem but I went and did other stuff for a few days and when I went back to that quest the person started coming around.

Start on the Mages. After the easy recommendation quests (Don’t forget to pick up a chameleon spell while you are in Bravil) you can get into the Arcane University and use the thing that lets you make your own enchanted items. I made gauntlets, and an amulet each with 20% chameleon to go with the ring of Khajitti and (35%) and ring of shadows (30%) making me totally invisible. You can repeatedly attack some one from sneak mode in broad day light and they never fight back. You also get the sneak attack bonus every time.

There is also a glass cuirass out there with 30% but my guy is all about the heavy armor so I sold it.

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

My school life is interfering with my Oblivion life. :( 

Anyway, Im only level 13, I finished the Theives guild, finishing up the dark brotherhood. On my second time getting kicked from the mages guild, and I have not gone very far on the main quest.

3. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I'd love to get this game but I'm not sure my graphics card can cut it. My specs:

Pentium 4 3.20 Ghz CPU
    1 gig RAM
    Geforce FX 5700LE

Anyone know what level of detail I could get with this setup?

4. Gigatron_2005

I would guess you would get low settings at 640x480. Your graphics card is the only thing holding you back though. Now is a good time to upgrade, I would think. A 6800 series card should not cost too much, and you really will see a preformance increase.

I am planing to upgrade soon, my 9800XT still has a little bit of life left in it, but I would recomend getting a faster card for Oblivion preformance, as well as future games. (BTW: at the moment, I plan to upgrade to a 7800AGP card)

...anyone who might have more tech knowlage about this correct me if Im wrong about his preformance.

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Geez, you guys sure have a lot of time to play games! I'm about level 10, have a couple of Mage Guild quests done, though most of what I've done are miscellaneous quests so far. Did the first main storyline quest, and I'm currently on the first Thieves Guild quest, though I'm stuck for the moment since I think I'm going to need to get an invisibility spell or potion in order to pull it off.

6. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean the one where you have to race the others to get into the guild? Or the one about the tax money?

7. Streck

Streck QED Veteran

If you're going that route, you might as well spend an extra $50-60 and get a 7800GT.

8. Gigatron_2005

very true. 7800AGP is better. But I am suggesting 6800 as a minimum.

9. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Thanks for the info guys, I figured as much. Can't really afford a new card at the moment so maybe I'd be better of settling for Morrowind GotY.

10. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    I play it on a 5200FX fine, with 1gb RAM and a 2.8 ghz pentium. Gotta turn the detail down, and occasionally fiddle with the .ini file (there are so far three rooms that need settings turned on that slow the system down, so I usually turn them off, and only turn them on when I enter one of those buildings).

As to waiting for the contact to turn up, I've spent a week in the house, a week outside the house, a full day inside waiting, I've gone away for a week or so and done other quests... he's not coming. The waypoint arrow shows me where he should be, and the guy outside says he's in there, but obviously he's not. And I'm not the only person who's had issues like this, bah.

11. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's the name of the quest?

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The one with the tax money. There's no way I'm getting by all those guards in the South Tower without some kind of invisibility spell... (And I don't want to get caught, that'll ruin my criminal record and I don't want to be expelled from the Warrior's Guild or the Mage's Guild until I complete all the quests in them.)

13. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You only need the clean record to get into the Fighter and Mage’s. You only get kicked out if you brake there rules (and in one thieves quest you do but as long as no one sees you you’ll be fine and that’s the whole point isn’t it?).

As for the guards as you climb up the tower all they will do is yell out you to get out as long as you keep moving from floor to floor. When you get to the top you’ll only get busted if some one sees you taking the tax money. Lex is the only one that will be there and if it’s in the day time he should be out, and if at night he should be sleeping. As you make your way back down the guards have no idea what you did so just zip past them.

A quick tip for boosting your sneak skill, fined a sleeping beggar, go into sneak mode and walk in a cercal next to them your level will fly up.

14. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

*bump*

Where's everyone at in the game now? I just finished the Fighter's Guild quests, turning my attention to the Collector quest, just did the haunted mansion quest in Anvil. Is anyone still playing?

15. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fighter, Mage, Thieves and Arena all done. Close to finished with Dark Bro-hood, not vary deep into the story quest line and I’m not sure how many miscellaneous and Daedric quests done.

Also downloaded and finished the Orrery and this morning downloaded but haven’t explored the Wizard’s Tower.

I have found 69 nirnroots