The Effect of Transformers in Life

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by megamus, Oct 28, 2007.

1. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I was just thinking about this and was wondering if this happens to anyone else. Transformers is a HUGE part of my life. Not always by choice. What I mean by this is, not a day goes by that something related to Transformers is brought up or discussed in my life. Whether it be, looking for, writing about, or surfing info on Transformers. I spend an enormous amount of time on this hobby and was wondering if I was taking it too far. I mean my most fondness vactions are at Botcon??? That seems messed up to me in retrospect. Here it is, a nice Sunday morning and I'm typing away about Transformers......
    I remember in my earlier days waiting in line for TRU to open just to see if I could snag that hard to find figure or whatever. So the MP Starscream is hitting stores..... Looks like I'm on the hunt again. Although, I don't wait for the stores to open anymore, I don't look everyday. As a matter of fact I rarely go to the store at all but still I surf and think constantly.
    IS this wrong???? Please tell me that I'm not the only one aflicted with this disease!!!

Maybe if Hasbro stops making them I'll stop hunting them.... but I doubt it... I do crave the hunt.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Plastic crack, it's a helluva drug.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    QFT and I love "The Hunt" too. Anyway, as a drug it sure beats booze and chemicals. It was easier giving up the drink in '86 and I never bothered with the illegal stuff but I'll never recover from Transformers. :scalper :confused: :eek: :confused2 

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I spend a good deal of time on Transformers. I also however spend time with friends, go to work, take walks, listen to music, read, go for bike rides and such. My hobby is just one part of what makes me a well rounded individual.

If you question wether you are spending too much time with it perhaps you should look at how it compares with other things you do or don't do. Do you pass up opprotunities to do other stuff either with yourself or friends on a regular basis? Do you neglect the things you need to do?

Transformers (or any hobby for that matter) can be a part of your life without being your life.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If they stop making 'em, I'll just focus on building my old collection up. No big deal.

But as much time as I spend on 'em, they don't get in the way of anything important.

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think the hunt is the biggest waste when it comes to collecting. I think of all the time spent stop at a WM here, or a Target there just because I see one where ever I happen to be. Though its not just transformers, but it was Marvel Legends before that, then Transformers, now Transformers and 25th Joes.

7. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Lately it's been trying to find the Galactic hunt Star wars and the 25th Joes. Now I have to try and find a MP Starscream.
    It never ends

8. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    it is good to have a hobby

once we are not worried about our livelihood and have extra time, it is good to spend some time on a hobby like buying transformers toys. there are many salespeople out there selling all sorts of weird causes and claiming that the purposes they sell are the best in the world or will save the world or god is on their side or the best for everyone, but these are just baseless claims and there is no evidence that the way of life they are selling is superior. so far, looking for transformers toys has been good exercise and also lots of fun. every day, i just pray to primus and unicron that there will be fewer repaints and more new molds. my view is that anything we desire is worthwhile of spending time on and one desire is not superior to another so we should not discriminate against other people just bec. they have different desires not the same as ours and we should never belittle our own desires also. i believe that all desires are created equal. the toy hunting life is also life and not an inferior way of life.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    My dad always said, "well, at least he's not doing drugs."

XD

10. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

After this year, it seems it's gonna be a big part of my life from now on...

The year I moved from ye olde town, to a new future, and TF in between.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:

Oh but you are Shibamaru_prime,lwe are all on the influence of plastic crack. :lol 

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I wonder if any of you have experienced this, I'm surrounded by people that don't do anything! Everybody I know always says "we're gonna have to do this someday" or "as soon as it gets warmer out we'll go do that" or some crap like that. But the magical "someday" never ever comes. They're obsessed with their work & their TV & never do anything else. Because if this situation I spend more time with Transformers than I should. I try to go hiking & biking but it sucks alone & NOBODY I know will do anything. Seems like this whole region is like that, even if I meet new people it's always the same thing, they just talk about doing stuff but never do anything but work & watch TV. I can't force them to do anything so I waste all my time on Transformers & spend too much money on my collection. I'm making plans to move out of here, this area is a dead zone!

13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I always thought about this too, because I'm the same way. I must spend an hour a day at least on this board, and always think about them because they're around my office and apartment. but I don't "fixate" on them and do get out and do other things like bike, go for drives, talk with friends, etc.

14. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

It used to be kind of a dude-bonding thing when I was younger. Me and some buddies, out looking for tfs, just goofing off and pissing the day away.

I seriously scaled back once everybody started getting married and having kids, etc.

I guess it's just part of being a geek.

Although I've gotta admit, now that the movie came out and everybody knows what about it, it just isn't that cool anymore.

But I'll always look back fondly on those days when CR started in Japan and there was talk about the new RID line. (That's when alot of us old farts started coming around here.) I'll never forget how cool it was to hold an actual vehicle TF MOC in a store again.

15. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am not into "The Hunt" anymore because I have to work early (like 8am) and don't have the time to hit the toystore as much as before. And with my son just born I have to go home to help take care of the little one. Plus all the scalpers in my area seems to get them way before I can find them. Haven't seen any 08 BB or 25th Joe in my area at all. I started buying my toys online nowadays, keeping an eye out for promo code to save me money. I am not the guy I once was, spending lots of $$$ on toys like Liokaiser, Overlord, G1 Scorponok, and MIB Dinobots on Ebay. I still want to get Hasbro MP Starscream, Anime TFs, Classics 2.0, and Botcon TC but getting past my wife will be the hard part.

16. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I really dont spend alot of time on it. I love the hunt though. I will stop on my way home from work or when I leave court hell sometime on my lunch breaks. That is one of the best things about the hobby its the hunt.

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I hate the goddamn hunt.

I want to be able to go to the first store I see, and be able to go in and get what I want, and go home.

18. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Food for thought: What would we be into if there was no such thing as Transformers? I think Transformers is a well loved and crazed hobby. People do crazy things when they love something so much. So there's really no harm there.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Transformers mania... gotta love it.

I don't think there has been a day that gone by without my interacting in some way to Transformers... be it I'm trying to figure out how to transform Ironhide from robot to truck, reading the threads here on the Boards, tell my brother what good Transformer stuff is being discussed online, going shopping for the toys... I know that I need to get a life, but... damn, Transformers are so addictive!

Thanks Hasbro... just say "More than meets the eye" or "robots in disguise," and you've got a Transformers fan for life. You really made my day.

20. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I'm working on a Computer Graphics Degree....and in just the first semester an a half, I've used Transformers as a Theme for several projects, that one of my instructors, told me that he expects Transformers, with every project that he assigns.