The Dynasty of Primes-Who are they

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticusPrime, Oct 26, 2009.

1. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just wondering what everyones guess as to their names would be? Even though I know they are not named, its always fun to pretend right?

EDIT: After a rewatch, I realized that there are fewer of the originals in the movie universe. Something like 6 or 7 as opposed to 13.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Forget the Primes, I'm still curious about what happened to the Dynasty of the Carringtons.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'd hazard a guess that Vector Prime, Nova Prime and Sentinel Prime might be among them.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    According to Hasbro's latest Q&A, the Dynasty of Primes is essentially the 7 members of the Original 13 that have Prime in their name.

Going by this, the Dynasty includes at least The Fallen (or rather, his unknown original name), Vector Prime, Logos Prime, and maybe Nexus Prime. So there's three more we don't know.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know alot about the history of the Primes, but since the movie is completely different than everything else we have, I just say that they include:

Optimus (of course they say he is a descendent)
    Rodimus
    Vector
    Sentinel
    and I dunno who else.....

Maybe The Fallen is Nemesis Prime.....

6. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's my list of what I think the names of the other 6 Primes are:

1. Prima
    2. Prime Nova
    3. Guardian Prime
    4. Alpha Prime
    5. Vector Prime
    6. Sentinel Prime

7. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Sam (when at the front of the university classroom, spouting his gibberish) mentions the "Sentinal Prime" expedition.

So Sentinal is part of the MOVIE-VERSE.

8. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

1. Vector Prime (probably Optimus' father, as Optimus is a descendant of the Primes)
    2. Sentinel Prime (He was stated in the movie by Sam)
    3. Logos Prime
    4. Nexus Maximus
    5. Endatron Prime (The Fallen, but that's how I use his "Prime" name in my fan fics)
    6. Nova Prime (Hey, if Sentinel's in, why not this guy?)
    7. Prima.

9. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if this was brought up before but if Optimus Prime is a descendant of the Primes & Megatron is Optimus' brother then doesn't that make Megatron a descendant of the primes? (Please don't say they have the same mother but different fathers.) If Megatron is a descendant the primes then he could also kill the fallen.

10. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    o_O  seriously? Optimus has father?

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Good question.

12. Attacker_Prime

Optimus and Megatron aren't brothers, they ruled like brothers back on Cybertron, as Megatron was in charge of armies and defense while Optimus was in charge with the rest.

Also, transformers reproduce like this:

1. With parent - A hatchling/protoform's body is built, a transformer splits his spark in two, gives it to the protoform, then the protoform is given Allspark radiation, which gives it the energon necessary for the transformers to live and regenerates the spark so it would still be like the parent, but different and individualized. Which results that a transformer doesn't have a mother and a father, only a mother or a father.

2. Without parent - A hatchling/protoform's body is built, it is given Allspark radiation, then it gains a full spark, and energon.

That's the most logical explanation for both the matters of Optimus and Primes and the hatchlings in the Nemesis.

Hope this explanation helps the others understand, it had me thinking from when I saw ROTF.

Yes, he does have a father, and not a mother as others might state, since the Primes all seem to be male. And I thought Vector Prime would be the most fitting, seeing his character in Cybertron and the comics.

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I don't care to imagine Transformer sex, I just assumed based on all the mentions of families in the films that unlike Marvel Comics, IDW or Animated, the live-action Transformers do have means to sexually reproduce. I do like your theory Attacker, it's just I see nothing against Optimus having a mother. I just wished the following info (from the novel) had not been cut out of the film: after defeating his brothers, The Fallen returned to Cybertron to slaughter all their descendants, except the infant Optimus, who was hidden away from him (presumably with the help of Megatron's father = yes this sounds a lot like The Prince of Egypt considering the eventual emnity).

Back to the topic at hand, I don't see how the seven Primes can be the original thirteen Transformers (Prima, Vector, Logos, Nexus) considering the differences in backstory and time frame (I like to think the G1 Fallen is possessing his ROTF namesake because I do like the multidimensional aspect). But it would be cool if some had names like Nova, Alpha, Beta, Delta, and then Sentinel's name is mentioned in the film, though he may not be one of the first seven.

14. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

Heh Heh... Transformer Sex: "CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG"

I like the idea that The Fallen is Nemesis Prime.

15. Attacker_Prime

Thanks for appreciating my theory. :D 

You've got a nice theory too, but it depends from the angle one wants to look at things. If they want transformers to look more like the previous TF series/comics, then my theory does the thing, but when one wants to view them in a more organical/alien way, then yours is to use.

Also, thanks for sharing info from the novel/adaptation, not many know much of it (including myself).

I believe the 13 Primes and the Dynasty are one and the same, except that in the G1 universe they did some things, in the live action movie universe they did other things.

16. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    I have never heard of logos or nexus. where can i learn about who these transformers are and what they did? transformers wiki??? mabee??

17. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

i still hate sentinal prime from animated but anyways,

vector prime

sential prime

"thats the only ones i know"

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Logos is Cybertron Soundblaster's other name. Nexus Prime is what used to be called Nexus Maximus. Yeah, look it up on the wiki.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Well, we all know Sentinel Prime is mentioned. That's one Prime in the Dynasty.

As for the others, I can't begin to fathom what their names may be. Unless they come out with a comic with a backstory about the Dynasty of the Primes and therefore state who's who, we'll never know but continue to speculate.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro said they're all part of the 13, I don't think Sentinel's part of the 7 of The Fallen's brothers that became the tomb. Then again, those seven are not the only members of the Prime dynasty obviously, as Optimus sure as hell wasn't one of them. I'd say Sentinel was part of it, but not one of the seven.