The Dynasty of Primes’ voice actors

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Mar 7, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Three actors are credited with voicing the Dynasty of Primes in Sam’s vision:

Michael York
    Robin Atkin Downes
    Kevin Michael Richardson

Does anyone know which actor spoke which lines?

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    KMR is the real gutteral, deep voice. He has the majority of the lines, if I'm not mistaken.

3. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

One is the principal from American Dad, makes it even harder take that scene serious.

4. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

For me, the only easily recognizeable one is Richardson as the third (and last) Prime to speak in that scene, starting his lines with "You have fought for Optimus." Even though I've heard York's voice before, I can't tell which of the other two voices is him or Downes.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Richardson voices literally all the dialogue except for the first line: "We have been watching you for a very long time." That line is spoken so whispery it's basically impossible to tell who's saying it, but some seem to think that it's both of the two other actors (one saying "We have been watching you..." and the other saying "...for a very long time."). I'm not really convinced.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Didn't you know that KMR is also Bulkhead in Transformers: Prime and Omega Supreme in Transformers: Animated.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Not that my reponse really answer the question any more than the posts above me, but I thought I'd break it down.

"We have been watching you...."

"A long, long time..."

"You have fought for Optimus, our last descendant, with courage and with sacrifice; the virtues of a leader. A leader worthy of our secret: the Matrix of Leadership is not found...it is earned. Return now to Optimus, merge the Matrix with his spark. It is and always has been...your destiny." (Kevin Michael Richardson)

My personal guess is that Downes voiced the first Prime ("We have been watching you..."), simply because it sounds like a soft, soothing British voice, similar to many of Downes roles (sort of). And that, by default leaves York at my guess for the second Prime.

As much as I love KMR's voice, I wish they could've divvied up the lines a bit more evenly. Sort of finishing each other's sentences like the Fates or something.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Not to mention Panthro, Dark Laser, Gantu, and Skulker.

KMR is awesome...

9. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Just noticed the voice actor for TF Prime Bulkhead voiced the Prime talking to Sam in his vision in the matrix (aka "robot heaven")

10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Well, the dialogue spoken in the vision was:
    “Sam... we have been watching you for a long, long time. You have fought for Optimus, our last descendant, with courage and sacrifice, the qualities of a leader. A leader worthy of our secret. The Matrix of Leadership cannot be found, it must be earned. Return now to Optimus. Merge the Matrix with his spark. It was, and has always been, your destiny...”

I got Richardson’s lines, it’s Downes/York’s lines I can’t identify. It was either of them who said “Sam...” at the beginning.

11. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to imdb they are credited as follows:

Michael York: Prime #1
    Kevin Michael Richardson: Prime #2
    Robin Atkin Downes: Prime #3

I am assuming that means the order in which they were introduced (or spoke). I don't know if that is helpful at all. :confused: 

12. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

It was quite annoying how little the others got speak.

13. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that assumes that its not actually robot heaven, but rather something WITHIN the matrix? Afterall, the matrix is connected to the primes. I never thought of it as robot heaven.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    You're not the only one. I never considered it "robot heaven" (but I can totally understand where the connections arise, in terms of visually). I always thought of it as some more obscure/abstract thing, like the Primes came to Sam in a vision or something, or the power of the Matrix ...somethingsomethingsomething... .