The drought, and my additction.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, May 27, 2008.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a Alt/BT/MP/Classics/Henkei collector, and It would seem I've hit a collecting wall! I have pretty much have everything from the lines I like. I have pre-orders for the new BT's, Henkei's, and Classics 2.0. So with the exception of a few hard to find/expensive items, I have everything I need. However, I still I find myself reading the Junkion threads looking for things I don't really need. Which has driven me to realize that this really is an addiction! Is this normal? :) 

Please excuse my ranting as I'm tired, and I don't have anything new to open.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To me yes, but then again. . . .that's me. :D 

3. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

I hope it's normal, or else I'd have to commit myself. I'm a very picky buyer when it comes to TFs, because I just don't think the quality is there. I basically bought all the movie line then sold 90% of it because I didn't like them after a month. Going forward, I have absolutely 0 interest in the Animated line, and very little interest in the upcoming Universe line. So basically I've been doing the same thing as you, searching the threads, going online. I have bought a couple items I now regret. I basically bought them to fulfill my addiction, but like all addictions, scoring secondary stuff just ain't the same. I need my crack!

4. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I was done with the movie, I stopped buying for a little bit but then I found a Animated Bumblebee for my son for a deal, and thought what the heck, got cybertron Prime and Deluxe Megs too.

Now after getting a few more I find myself kinda bored. I still love all my TFs but not going to pay outrageous prices for the ones I really want, and seeing alot of the same figures for the past year at the stores(the new wal-mart just built stocked I swear some wave 1 releases of movie) kinda kills my enthusiasm for now.

Will I hit animated hard, yes, but until then I think my funds will go elsewhere

5. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not normal believe me. I had that same feeling too that I need to collect almost everything and then it hit me.... now I only collect toys I like and I usually chase girls this time. Hope you get through your "addiction"

6. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    I'm saving up right now. I feel guilty as hell cuz I got blitzwing and grimlock for 100 each, then I pre-ordered the henkei TC/SW set, plus I won an energon lot of wheeljack( i forget the name), Energon megatron, landmine, landquake and the reiussue takara megatron for 50 bucks. plus I have wave 1 ordered from HTS for animated with all of the voyagers too. So yea....I've gotta save up I'm starting to have more of the "quality vs. quantity" policy.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I find myself watching a lot more G1 on eBay during droughts like this. Finishing up my Beast Wars collection too! :D 

8. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

ive been having the same problem. i agree there are some upcoming figures im not looking forward to, as well as a lot that i am. ive found myself spending ridiclous prices for the botcon classics figures and scooping up lots of crappy destroyed bots on ebay but i know when i get this stuff in the mail finally im not going to keep it. i just get them because im bored...

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, me too. Heck, I think I bought most of the Beast Wars I was missing off you and Liokaiser at Botcon!

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    im addicted too, and i just really got into it-i used to have only a shelfful for a long time, now i have 3, maybe 4 (some ended up in a bin somewhere :( 

speaking of addictions, anyone know where i can get classics Skywarp? i desperately need a seek-AGH! stupid addiction, making me hijack someone else's thread!!

ya, its not normal-it happens to many, but isnt normal.