The Dread's

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotJazz1, Dec 5, 2011.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Okay let's see. If the Ark was still being chased 50 years ago and crashed on the moon isn't it possible that the Dread's thought they still needed to destroy Sentinel. Being that they were asleep all that time in stasie. Oh and why did Sentinel need protection from the Dread's. I mean seriously think about it we all seen how well he can fight, he could've destroyed them like 1,2 and 3.

2. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Well to answer your first point, I think it would be safe to assume the Dreads were in on the entire plan the whole time. To address your second point, I don't think it was a matter of protection. There could be a variety of reasons why they were chasing after Sentinel in the first place:
    1.) They were probably sent as reinforcements to help Sentinel get into the base.
    2.)They were probably misled by Megatron into thinking they were sent to accompany Sentinel, but were probably used as a distraction so the Autobots could be caught off guard when Sentinel revealed his treachery.
    3.)Badass highway chase scene with dreadlocked robots. Who wouldn't want that?

3. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

What I don't get is , If Megatron was working with sentinel why did they shoot the shit out of the ARK when they needed the pillers to beat the Autobots and win the war . I just don't get that part of the movie does anyone have any answers for this . Thanks for any input on this .

4. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Make the defection seem more realistic? He didn't inform all his troops, because word would make it back to the Autobots? There were several ships making a run for it and they couldn't be sure which one he was on? To kill Sentinel's crew, because Megs knew Sentinel would be fine in the crash vault?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    They were putting on an act. They needed the Autobots to believe Sentinel was in immediate danger so they'd take him straight back to NEST without questions. Then he goes cookoo and leggit with the goods.

Those particular fighters were not in on the joke. Remember, until the actual present everyone except Megatron and Sentinel were in the dark about his treachery. Even Starscream didn't know. If that info got out their plan was busted. Even then it seems the few such as Laserbeak, Soundwave, Shockwave (possibly) and the Dreads only found out recently, or were sitting on a bombshell for a looong time.

6. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

I never understood where the Dreads came from. Where they on Earth all this time or where they on the moon?

7. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    they were on the moon, there was going to be a scene in where the dreads secretly hdie on the wreackers ship after Optimus and Ratchet finds sentinel, but it was cut

8. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Suppossedly, they were on the Moon and hitched a ride back on the Xanthium. That seems kind of silly to me. Additionally, I just assume that they were playing up for the Autobots but were going to help Sentinel wreck shop at NEST.

9. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

That's in the comic adaptation as well

10. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess Ironhide must've fully trusted Sentinel cause he stood with his back towards Sentinel the whole time. Even when he started to talk, Ironhide just stood there with his back to Sentinel!

11. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    but was cut from the movie

12. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

would've been cool to see in the film, oh well:dunce 

13. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    maybe megatron had already left after the allspark and since starscream and the others werent in on it, they just did things as usual

14. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Nah, the whole ark attack happened WAY before Optimus considered launching the allspark, Megatron was witnessing the whoel thing but was too late on stoppping the decepticons from attacking the ark as he was fighting Optimus when that was happening

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    He wasn't paying attention, obviously. Does Ironhide really look like a guy who's in it for the dialogue?

16. sleter

sleter Well-Known Member

the entire plot of the trilogy dont add up
    in the first movie,Megatron crashed into the North Pole when chasing after the Allspark
    in ROTF,under the Fallen's orders, Megatron got rid of Optimus and went after the Matrix of Leadership to activate the Sun Harvester
    in DOTM,Megatron said Sentinel left Cybertron to defect and they were supposed to rendezvous on Earth.
    the most WTF part is,if you counted the Decepticons in ROTF and DOTM,if they all carried out a simultaneous attack,the Earth would already be theirs and the Autobots would have lost.
    somehow,it seems that the Decepticons are limitless in number,while only a few of the Autobots survived leaving Cybertron or staying on Cybertron.

is Megatron's deal with Sentinel a secret,even from the Fallen?
    could it be that Megatron arranged with Sentinel to meet on Earth,to look for the Allspark and to take over Earth?
    did Sentinel found a way to steer the Ark towards Earth,after it was hit and was crashing?
    why is it that the Decepticons were already on Earth and assumed the various alternate forms,but the Autobots only sent Bumblebee?
    why didnt the Decepticons find Megatron or the Allspark,when they already assumed different millitary vehicle forms and could easily hacked into the government system to find out about everything?
    why was the information about Sentinel and the Matrix of Leadership,transferred to Sam from the Allspark?(how could the Allspark contain information regarding Sentinel and the Matrix?the Allspark was probably on Cybertron when the Primes hid the Matrix,and the Allspark was probably on Earth when Sentinel crashed into the moon.)

now,I believe a reboot is a must,with a new crew.
    the writers of the trilogy did not bother to explain how things happen in TF1 and TF2 resulted in the things that happened in TF3
    individually,the movies were great
    but put them together,there are full of plotholes and unexplained stuffs

17. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    All the answers you are looking for are here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-movie-discussion/425965-george-ive-got-spoilers.html

It was all part of Megatron's master plan that kept getting derailed by the autobots.

18. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Megatron's plan probably changed when Starscream decided it would be funny to order his troops to shoot down the Ark. Megatron's plan with Sentinel went to hell when he assumed Sentinel died, and that is when the Star Harvester came into play.
    At least that's what I assume.

19. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    this is all true

expect that the plans for find the harvester was beign in progress long before the ark was attacked by Starscream

20. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    if you read and/or consider the comics and novels canon you wil lsee hwo well Megatron plans all come together to one piece and u will see what lead to 3 different plans