The DOTM line: your feelings?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

How are you feeling about it in general? How much will you be purchasing? Are you like me and only getting one or two things, or are you going to snap up everything?

I'll probably grab some of the Cyberverse stuff and possibly Leader Ironhide, and just wait until the Prime toys come out. I'm tired of the movie aesthetic, and it's just not doing it for me. I'm much more interested in Classics toys now, and movie is losing it's appeal.

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like some of it. Leader Ironhide might be the single best Transformer I own when I get it. Sentinel is interesting, and a must-have. Shockwave is gonna be amazing I think. HA Roadbuster is gonna be worth the cash. The deluxes aren't impressive, but I will probably get a Dread and Sideswipe.

From a whole, I think it could be better. The paint apps are lacking, and the MechTech weapons are dumb. The transformations seem somewhat simpler, which can be both a pro and a con. Overall, better than TFTM, worse than ROTF.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I will continue to get the big HA figures, and the onscreen characters. THough I will hold off on some of them in hopes of a sale. Not a huge fan of what we have seen thus far, but there are enougn decent figures to round out the collection. I am not too sure about the sublines. I have a feeling there will be a significant amount of shelfwarmers sitting around.

4. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Hit the nail straight on the head; i'll be getting a few of the new characters eg Crankcase, Sentinel & Shockwave and some of the human alliance. But only picking up the new versions of Megs, Ironhide (leader) & Prime (ultimate).

For me the rest are too much of a step backwards...of what we've seen so far!

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Due to limited funds, I'll probably initially get only new characters, old characters/new forms (i.e. Megatron, Soundwave), Leader Ironhide, and HAs.

6. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Frankly, I'm kind of dissapointed. With Revenge of the Fallen, I was adding to my "Want" list every day we saw new toys. This time? Eh...

I plan on picking up Topspin and Crankcase. That's it. I'm holding off on Shockwave because there's no way Hasbro isn't giving this guy the Leader treatment.

The Mechtech sucks ass. I like my Transformers with cool, porportionate weapons; these huge, crazy looking ones that suck the design budgets dry just dissapoint me.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A little bit let down, after how crazy intricate and accurate most of the RotF figures were. But in the end, I fully understand that the toys are meant for kids, and that the previous designs weren't the friendliest to that target audience.

There are still a decent number of figures that still appeal to me, though: Voyager Megatron, Ironhide, the two Deluxe Wreckers, Shockwave, Leader Sentinel Prime.

I'll probably be more pick-and-choose this year, rather than be the mold-completist that I was last time.

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I will only buy these when they are on sale. VERY disappointed in the smaller size and the pointless mech tech crap because of it. Will only get a few. A LOT will be easy passes.

9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I can't say it's bad, but I do see a different budget emphasis on certain characters which aren't necessarily my fav picks.

Most of the Deluxe molds are actually a step forward in terms of striking a balance between complexity, mold detail and overall proportions :

great example is Deluxe Ratchet ; he only needs a bit of paint to bring out the mold detail, but overall, he surpasses all previous molds imo.
    Same goes for BB and Barricade, they look great too.

Voyagers are hit & miss : Megatron Shockwave are great, but I still don't like voyager Prime and I just don't like Skyhammer as a movie design ; should have been Breakaway Grrr !

Still hate the fact Starscream's a deluxe now ; this new engineering would have been way better at voyager size.

So, the only sure purchase is Megatron for me.

10. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I'll get Shockwave and Leader Ironhide, maybe Sentinel and the rest make me vomit. :) 

11. rodimusprime2007

rodimusprime2007 Only in a Jeep

Ebay:
    Sentinel Prime for sure, Shockwave maybe, Ill have to see with my own eyes in the store first. Going to be a little more reluctant on purchases. Went nuts with the last 2 movies, cleaned out alot. I have Leader Prime w/ Gear of War 2 Rifle, Leader Meg ROTF, and the Autobots from the 1st movie. Thats it anymore. Im thinking Ill be saving for all the 3rd party releases coming out. Although Im sure Ill be buying the DOTM stuff for my son.

12. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are less than three weeks away from the DotM figures being released and unlike the first two movies I really don't care.
    Movie 1, worked to 1130 PM and headed to a 24 Hr Wal-Mart to get practically the entire 1st wave and got up nice and early the next day to hit TRU and Targets up to get anything else out. Movie 2 rushed over to Wal-Mart during lunch break to again pick up the entire 1st and 2nd Waves after Hasbro gave the go ahead to sell since almost every store broke the release date early.
    DotM, I am not that worked up over. I will eventually pick up Sentinal Prime, Shockwave, and any new screen characters as well as HA figures. But after that not really feeling it. Maybe it just has to do that I really just don't want to see the entire toy aisle covered with frackin' Bumblebees and Skids and Mudflaps again and I don't need another movie Optimus or Megatron.

13. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I'm probably gonna get the leader Sentinel, Soundwave, and wait for the inevitable release of Leater Shockwave. (just realized all these dudes begin with an S)

14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My feeling: meh, wake me back up when they bring back the homage lines with the classics vibe. (unless Vortex gets a UK release anyway)

15. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Doesn't look all that bad, but it certainly isn't Hasbro's best work.

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    General thoughts:

- Not as excited about this line as the previous Movie lines...and I've been a big fan of the Movieverse stuff. Maybe that'll change once I get some figures in hand, but the anticipation just isn't there for this one. Part of it is that hunting for toys at retail is pretty much pointless around here, so I just order everything online and that takes a bit of the fun out of the process.

- Not thrilled with the Mechtech gimmick, especially at the Deluxe size class. For the Voyagers and larger figures, the weapons are a decent size for the size of the size of the toy, but the Deluxes just end up with these huge, unwieldy accessories that don't look good in either mode.

- No interest in the Cyberverse stuff either, since Legends and playsets just aren't my thing.

- The new Human Alliance stuff, at both the 'Basic' and 'Standard' sizes looks really neat. Definitely the subset of DotM I'm anticipating the most.

- My purchasing is going to be cut back significantly for this line. I plan to get all of the Basic HA figures and any new-mold Standard HAs, but I'm going to be fairly picky with the Mechtech section of the line. I'm going to avoid getting toys of characters for whom I already have a decent figure, which means pretty much anyone that was in one of the previous films. Even if a mold looks decent, but it's for a Movie character I already have, I'll wait for the repaint. Given how easy it is to get most Movieverse figures on the aftermarket, I'm also going to pass on the Deluxe version of any character that looks like they might get a release in the HA line (eg - Roadbuster, the rest of the Wreckers).

- Definite purchases, of stuff we know about - All new-mold HA Basics (already pre-ordered), all new-mold HA Standard-size figures (already pre-ordered Roadbuster), Voyager Shockwave, Voyager Megatron, Leader Sentinel Prime, Laserbeak, other new characters at various size classes in the Mechtech subline.

- Potential purchases, of stuff we know about - Leader Ironhide, if the reviews are good.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    My thoughts on the line this far.

The Mech Tech gimmick is stupid. I'd rather have larger, more intricate figure. I'm not a fan of the down-size as the result. The paint could still be shit if they could bring back the awesome ROTF engineering. I gonna be picky here. Just a few deluxes... Topsin, Roadbuster, and Crankcase thus far, I do believe. Are the voyager Mech Tech? They work better, but are a little short. The weapons aren't as ungodly large. Still.

The paint is lacking.

Cyberverse? I'm still calling them Legends, actually.

Mad about no proper Leader Jetpack Prime or Megatron. Bumblebee? Really?

18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'm the opposite of a lot of you. unlike the last two movies I'm actually looking forward to these new figures.

all the new deluxe/voyager cons (other than barricade) look fantastic and a couple of the autobots are hugely improved. These guys may be lacking in paint, but they really aren't that simplified.

cyberverse looks cool, though I'm only planning on grabbing a few here and there

the new HA Basics look really fun and the new full size will probably be great if Jazz was anything to go by.

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Overall I'll be picking up less figures from this line than ROTF. The styling of the figures feels more like Prime figures than movie figures. I understand why that's the case, but it doesn't make me any more excited about the line.

Unlike ROTF I'm not going to pick up the legend, deluxe, and HA verison of practicallly every figure in the HA line. Unlike Movie 1 where I ended up buying a lot more figures then selling them off (at a loss) my DOTM purchases will be much more measured and stretched out.

20. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

The Sentinel Prime figure looks really nice that I must admit.. I won't be buying any DOTM stuff though. No chance.