The DOTM Dislike thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Screamer55, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Screamer55

Screamer55 Well-Known Member

The reader of this post is thinking "what the hell? A topic for those people that nobody online likes?"
    Yeah.....so read me out.......

Being positive may be good therapy. But being negative can also help let it out. That is why trolls exist.
    From what I have read, DOTM sounds like a spectacular film. HOWEVER, I have also read that there are also some concerning flaws.

So, for the sake of therapy, list all the things that you hate about DOTM.
    I'll start:

-All Decepticons dead? Lame. Hardly any room for a sequel...
    -Why does Starscream have to die so early?!
    -I wanted to see Starscream kill Mirage...
    -Dino and Que? Obviously lame.
    -Prime too much of a hardass.
    -Optimus just puts Megs out of his life like it's nothing.
    -Bumblebee should've killed Barricade.....

That's about all. Good thing this film isn't like ROTF. Now that would warrent a list!
    It should be noted that I haven't seen the movie but I have read all the spoilers as of recently. I know the whole film. Pretty much.

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I like this thread it will soon bring a violent and spiteful wind though.

3. MegaDevastator

MegaDevastator Constructicon

Spoilers.

Megs lasted a long time and was even disfigured..

But I do agree. He and Sentinel's deaths were anti-climactic to me. Wish there was more of a fight from Megatron.

Edit: Same for Shockwave!

4. Optibot

Optibot The boss

the autobots r too violent and prime kills megatron with one arm thats just absurd plus only soundwave kills an autobot they should have had him kill dino and then que and have bb and sideswipe team up against him and barricade also they shoulda had jolt and chromia to be killed by shockwave and have te twins in it to add emotion to the seen with ironhide plus dont waste shockwaves character. the end that was me more nit picking then trolling really haha

edit: oh ya soundwave is too small

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    This is going to be a long thread. I better pace myself. I had planned to make some separate threads regarding certain aspects.

Bumblebee literally murdered his entire homeworld. He tackled a floating lamppost and committed terracide. His world was sitting there, cut in half, floating dead and bisected in space, and with a second chance when the bridge re-opened, he made it collapse in on itself, shredding to pieces. He is a war criminal, murderer of whatever innocents were weak or unlucky enough to still be on Cybertron. Bring him before the Hague.

6. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Too maNy awesome bots vs many drones..

Not enough awesome alt mode intros like in 1&2, except Soundwave

7. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Only 2 for me;

Shockwave pretty much getting taken out by the military in rather embarassing fashion (a parachute over his eye really?)

And Megs getting taken out like he was a mere protoform by Optimus, yet Megatron being able to kick the shit out of Sentinel while Optimus, Sideswipe and Bumblebee combined couldn't, didn't make sense at all IMO.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread is like a boat in a malestrom.

9. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Autobots acknowledge and respect sovereignty of some human states, yet fuck with internationally sensitive and volatile issues in others... because they are bored.

10. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I....AM......DISSAPOINT:cry  Must stop reading this thread, high hopes are begining to faint.

11. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Where the hell where you when Bay said "Everything after this will be a reboot"?

Early my ass, he dies in the last 45 minutes of the movie, it's not like he would've lived anyways.

Fucking deal with it, a name's a name.

He's been one since '07. Again, deal with it.

Well, yeah, Megatron kinda killed his friends and tried to take over Earth.

Atleast he's even in it. This isn't a bashing thread, it's a whining thread.

12. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Tkemert20, I don't think you get the point of this thread.

13. Tkemert20

News Credits:
    Apparently not.

14. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Does it really matter? It's a good movie, for me easily the best of the 3, that doesn't mean people can't have some negatives about it, nothing is perfect.

15. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

oh no. SOMEONE tell me this guy is joking. please tell me.

what does megatron die due to slipping on a left over banana peel?

16. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I knew it! The movies fans listen to NO ONE! lol

17. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah. some kid leaves his skateboard out, megs slips on it, and hits his head on the curb. He arrived at the hospital DOA from a aneurysm.

18. autobotsrule000

autobotsrule000 Active Member

In film one it was the random disappearance of Barricade (but at least he shows up again in the third one finally and is redeemed)

Introducing the Twins, Jolt, and the Arcee bikes in the second movie, only to have them not appear in the third without any explanation of their disappearance. Now I know many of you dont care for the twins, but mark my words there will be audience members in the theater wondering what happened to the twins. I guess we are to assume they blew up in the massive explosion at the end of the second movie or they just left the others and went with Leo or something? Sigh

Optimus Prime suddenly having the Matrix of Leadership again in the third film after he blasted the fuck out of the sun harvester in the second movie. I guess we are just to assume he was so badass that he just blasted it and caught it all at the same time while beating the shit out of the Fallen. Ok?

Dino and Q ARE lame fucking names and I wont just "deal with it". I've waited a long time for Transformers movies and to see some of my favorite characters on the big screen only to have them pick non transformers names for them? They had a multitude of names they could have chose from but they seriously go with "Dino" and "Q". Sigh

The build up of the relationship between Sam and Mikaela in the second film only to have him dating another girl in the third film? What a waste, but then again I know there was no choice b/c Megan Fox left but they should have at least said she was killed or something and had Sam dealing with that and not wanting to lose Carly in this film. It would have had more of an impact on the audience instead of them just "breaking up". I mean the whole second movie was Mikaela wanting Sam to tell her he loved her and he finally does and she just breaks up with him later? Again....sigh....

Ironhides death...at least they acknowledged Jazz's death in the first movie

19. Tkemert20

News Credits:
    I see. Well, the only disappointing thing I can think of off the top of my head is The Wreckers hardly being in it.

20. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    After this movie.... has Bay expressed enough about Human are still more superior than machine ?