the disappearing parts

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sketchprowl, Oct 31, 2008.

1. sketchprowl

sketchprowl freak of nature

Maybe I'm being blind but when (lets say for example) bumblebee transforms where do the leather seats go? you can see everything else moveing but them.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    My guess is that they go somewhere inside of him, and basically somewhere out of sight. As for the 3D models used for the characters, they're probably one of the first things to disappear. Not that that's a bad thing, as it would be unrealistic to expect every single thing to stay there when these things transform. That's actually one of the things I like about these designs, you aren't really sure where everything goes, making the fact that they can transform from one form to the other that more awesome, imo.

3. rabbit prime

rabbit prime Well-Known Member

well if you follow the design of the transformation REAL slow they seem to fold into his shoulders of torso, maybe a type of spark chamber?

4. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Ive watched all the transformations in slo-mo many times and all of em have weird shit going on... Cheating all over the place. But it looks awesome so I guess it doesnt matter.

The 2 most "sticks out like a sore thumb" scenes are

1. Ironhide transforms to dodge the missle... A metal thing comes out from the under carrige grabs the back wheel and pulls it inside... later to become the hip joint in the leg... WTF??? lol

2. Ratchet transforms for the 1st time... and the front wheels that are to become the back of his shoulders look like they start out as being held in Ratchets hands, and during the transformation the wheels roll up his arms and go to the back, totally independant of being connected to another part of the body.... They just decide to defy gravity and roll up all by themselves...

Im not complaining, just pointing out the more obvious slight of hand tricks contained in the film.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where did Optimus' seats go in the cartoon? Physics is not a strong point of the series.

6. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Um, I think they stayed in the cab... lol

Seriously, of course physics is ignored, alot of things are... but it is fun to catch where the cheats are... and even more fun to guess at the rest. I think its pretty obvious (or maybe Im just an ass-head) that none of the CGI transformable models even had inner cab details like Steering wheels, seats, cup holders and such lol.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I blame it on nanotechnology.

8. sketchprowl

It was one of those things that just grab you and drive you nuts until someone points out the obvious. I love series and having talking to people that can put different point of view and ideas forward is awsome (i'm the only person in my family and circle of friends that is a transformer nut)

9. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

lol, yeah I've noticed that too.

Still kinda bummed that the Ratchet figure/TF doesn't have a 360 degree ratcheting waist in his transformation. I'd love to spin his torso around and have it make a bunch of loud clicking sounds like he does in the movie.

Matter of fact that was my biggest disappointment when I bought the figure was that his waist didn't spin around and click like the movie.

I loved that they all transformed like their personality. Jazz does his breakdance TF. Primes TF is epic. Bumblebee is fast and young when he switches forms. Ratchet just kind of does is in a "proper" ? kind of way. rather stiff and formal, like a Doctor.

And then Ironhide, slow, putting one hand down like it kind of hurts a little. He's old, he takes his time and makes sure all his pieces go where they're supposed to go, lol.

When the D'cons switch forms it's fast and brutal. Military like.

I love that they all transform according to their character, and it's just one of a million little things that I think alot of people miss or don't pay attention to in the movie. It's a great movie.

10. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oooh, a pillow for the Matrix to rest on. Oh wait... Lol.

11. sketchprowl

true

people are far to busy pointing out the "faults" to see the little things that have been put into the film as malikon pointed out they have given each there own unique personalities which to a point is true to the originals and this shows through in the way each of them moves or reacts to certain situations. Like Ironhides irritation to Sam's parents

12. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    nanotechnology

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    While I agree that each of the Transformations suited the characters well, Ironhide's wish to murder Sam's parents (an action that would had my full support) made him seem.....just a bit crazy, not in the cool way either. It seemed a comment that is beneath him.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it depends on the point of view.

If you have some arguement about the designs "being real" then yea where the seats go or how this part gets there, did that part bend, and all the little things could drive you up the wall.

If it doesn't have to be "real" then it's more like the traditional thing of parts that get gone from alt to robot. It can be fun to try to figure out where parts go, but I can't think of anyone having G1, Beast Wars, Cybertron, or Animated ruined just because some parts don't fall into flawless logic.

15. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the one problem I had was when Mikaela opened BB's hood and saw... nothing special. it still looked like a regular car. not one alien tech to be seen, no robot bits or whatnot. nothing.

I'll just chalk it up to TF being VERY stickler to details when it comes to disguises. but she should have seen something unfamiliar to her.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I agree. They should've at least had more car parts that didn't make it look like there was all that space. Still, it's my only complaint.

For some reason I like the slight-of-hand parts stuff, it makes them more mysterious in their workings. In other shows you pretty much saw exactly where all the parts go. Here, it's much more complicated and gives that touch of the unknown to them and how they work.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Might have been a funny sceen if Bumblebee wouldn't have let her see under his hood. Then she could have said something about needing to get the hood release fixed.

Sort of makes you wonder if they always look like a normal motor under the hood and in the places that would normally have a lot of space or if they can make it look normal as part of their blending in since that's the only time we got to see under the hood.

18. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I know ill get slammed for this but the Transformations are really poor.

They are really complex in terms of things moving around but thats just for show they really dont transform at all. only blackout seems to really transform the rest of them just seem to morph.

Personally I would have preferred real transforming designs over the aesthetic designs. Unfortunately the transformations killed any of the believability of the movie for me.

Barricades tranformation was the runner up in beilevability

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the same spot prime's trailer goes? lol!

20. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

In the cartoon - megs transforms from a 20ft robot into a gun that a human can hold and fire - I think we can allow the makers of the movie a little artistic licence.