The Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus, May 25, 2007.

1. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

It'll be Grimlock for me. Though Snarl comes pretty close, but having an awesome bot mode isn't enough to dethrone the king.

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I would have to say Grimlock. It is the only G1 Dinobot I own, and I like it (I also own G2 Snarl).

3. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Oops! Meant to say Skyfire. :lol 

4. Rodimus

Haha! Great point! :thumb 

5. Rodimus

Hey does anyone know where Grimlock said something to the effect of "Me Grimlock Kick Butt!" or "Me Grimlock King!"?

6. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

Should both be from the movie.

First one when the Dinos attack Unicron, second one i don't know the exact place.

7. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Second one was on the Junkion's planet. He also said "Me Grimlock no bozo, me king!" on Quintessa.

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    SLAG is my favourite. His name still has the power to send me into childish fits of giggles.
    I wish he had a cockney gangster accent in the cartoon.

"Awright, the name's Slaaaaag, you decepticon slaaaaaag. Now don't get tasty."

9. Galvamaximus

Galvamaximus Brazilian dinofan

Grimlock is the king! :) 

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Slag, only dinobot I had back in the day, and he was the only dinobot to actually do some damage to Devastator. And I like triceratops!

11. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Snarl was the coolest to me. Sludge a close second. Both are underused in stories.

12. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grimlock. Best character ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very batman like, edgy, does what most heroes wouldn't dream of doing.

13. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

I like them all equally for different reasons since each is unique in their own way.

Swoop is the high flier.

Snarl is the loner.

"Slag is hostile, Grimlock arrogant and Sludge stupid..." - Megatron

:dj 

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Grimlock and Slag together were my two favs.

15. Rodimus

Wow, no love on this board for Sludge? I've been tallying these responses up on 2 message boards and Sludge isn't even close to the others. Most of his votes actually came from another fan forum. Why don't people like Big Sludge that much?

I have to tell you... working on this tribute has really given me great insite and perspective on each of the indivudial personalities of every Dinobot member. More so now than ever before I have come to recognize each as an individual with their own triats and querks. I see them more now as individuals than ever before rather than just members of a group. Going through all the source content at once really sheds that light on them for you.

Megatron was right what he said about them, but I'll not quote him and use my own words...

Grimlock is not just the most arrogant, he's also the most ambitious and in the first couple years of his life he was almost just as violent as Slag. He loved a challenge. He also loved to prove his his might and boast about it later. He's also one of the comedians in the group. If not for his speach impetiment he'd be considered the smartest of the group. Although that title of smartest is in competition with Swoop.

Swoop is the friendliest and seemingly the wisest of all the dinobots. He's also one of the most important offering air support. (These have been previously covered in this thread).

Slag is the most fiesty. He loves a good fight and loves violence. He's too hostile for his own good and his suborn hostility has even lead to some comedic moments, even though he was serious and never meant to be funny. But Slag most of all just loves to destroy enemies. Slag is also the second in command of the Dinobots if there ever was one. He seems to be Grimlocks right hand man even if they don't get along sometimes. He seems to enjoy working with Snarl next to Grimlock . He had early ties to Sludge for being created together but over time it seems he has become more friends with Snarl.

Snarl and his tail with his sunlight power ups make him the wrecking ball of the group. Snarl is the most quiet. Few things will ever inspire him so much to speak up. But when they do he is very passionate about it. Even though he usually so quiet, he is very much loved by his fellow Dinobots. Each of the Dinobots have their own special friendship with Snarl. As mentioned, Slag likes to work with him for the similar size, body type and roles. Swoop and Snarl will always have that special bond from being created together; it's almost the same kind of bond twins have. Swoop and Snarl came to the Dinobots together as outsiders and they stuck together until the other Dinobots warmed up to them and accepted them as part of the group. There will always be a connection between Snarl and Swoop. But Sludge seems to be Snarls best friend in the Dinobots. Although they don't work side by side as Snarl does with Slag, Snarl and Sludge usually pair together when not fighting emenies. They seem to enjoy each others company the best when exploring or in downtime moments. Sludge is the one Dinobot Snarl confides in the most. Sludge seems to make Snarl feel more comfortable than the others do.

And Sludge seems to enjoy Snarl's company just as much. These 2 have the most interaction within the group next to Grimlock and Slag. Next to Snarl, Gimlock seems to be the Dinobot that Sludge relies on most. Grimlock is his leader and he'll follow Grimlock off a cliff if he has to. Sludge is loyal to Grimlock to no end. Sludge is also the least smart of all the Dinobots. Which is probably why he relies on Grimlock so much. But Sludge also seems to be very appreciative of Grimlock. He almost seems to look up to Grimlock like a Big Brother. However, Sludge is the bigger Dino in literal terms. His size and his strength more than makes up for any mental shorcommings. He's so massive that he can control the earth beneath his feet. It's Sludges size and strength that make him invaluable to the Autoobts. Just on his sheer size alone, the Autobots can use him for a look out or for a boost in height! No Decepticon has ever been able really stop Sludge alone in battle. Not even Rumble IIRC. Later in his life Sludge seemed to have taken all his expreriences, learn from them, and increased his intelligence. But with his increased intelligence came a bit more confidence and hostility. He knows his size and power, and with these traits in his later years he came more into his own and stopped relying as much on Grimlock. But that never stopped him from admiring Grimlock. He still seems to love Grimlock like a brother. Even to the point where if any one ever insulted Grimlock, or any other of his fellow Dinobots for that matter, he was ready to crush them.

And on that note, Sludge was my first Dinobot when I was a kid. Matter of Fact he was the only one I ever owned until recently. I remember I wanted Grimlock more than any other Transformer at the time and I would always go to the toy department and stare at him and amire it, imagining the day I could get him while my mother shopped elsewhere in the store. One day I had saved just enough allowance to finally get him, and my mother took me to that store but Gimlock was sold out! But I really wanted a Dinobot and I had saved up all this time for one, so I just settled for Sludge. I even remember the moment I got him home and opened him for the first time. I remember looking at his instructions on my little personal table and there was snow on the ground outside!

I've got a photographic memory. :D 

Any body else got something to say and contribute to this Dinobot tribute?

16. Rodimus

P.S. My tallies show that Snarl is tied with Slag for second place way behind Grimlock as second favorite. Swoop is only 1 vote behind those 2 and bringing up the rear.... not many seem to like Sludge that much.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Aw poor Sludge....:( 

I liked your post up there Rodimus...cool insight into the Dinos you never really think much about, especially the Snarl/ Sludge interaction