The Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, the new album comes out in about a week and a half, but they've uploaded it in its entirety to myspace....has anyone checked it out? and if so, whatdya think? i havent listened to it all yet, but i dig it. its a little miss machine, a little calculating infinity and then a little something else but still really good...

i'm sure it'll sound better when its not playing over the interwebs and i have it blasting in my car. the same thing happened with the last album from the bled. i listened to it online, thought it was just okay, then a friend burnt it for me and its bloody amazing....

EDIT:

TDEP on myspace here's the link just in case you need it

2. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

A Life Once Lost owns anything DEP has done, is doing now or will do.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i think you missed the point of this thread. and i like a life once lost, but have only heard a little from them....

4. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

nice to know someone around here likes DEP, i did not know they had uploaded the whole album into myspace, gotta check it out, i just wish they come by here :D 

DEARRRR GOOOOOOD :eek: 
    **** PROTECT UUUSSSSSSS **** :rock 
    \m/ COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON \m/
    BLACKEST HEART! :ev: 

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, theres a few other DEP fans here i recall making a thread about them before....have you ever seen them live?

btw, i really dig the new song milk lizard....its so cool....

6. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

never seen them live cuz i was a dumbass ... so to speak ... they came here twice, but i was broke by both times and thought i could pass the time on and wait for there next visit. Turns out that they no longer are the original DEP only the guitar remains, not dispising the new drumer or vocals, as for the drumer i cant say much cuz i havent heard it properly, as for the singer i maybe bashed for saying this but i actually think it's better than Dimitri, maybe not so aggressive, but crazy as hell and a fits PERFECTLY in DEP. But the point is (i lost myself back there) is that i no longer have the chance of watching all the old members together, they made what dillinger is today and that is, one hell of a math-core band.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i really dig gregs vocals. i didnt get into them til after he was already a part of the band, so i never had the opportunity to see the original lineup. and its a bummer that brian benoit messed up his arm and i'm really bummed that chris (the drummer) left. that really shocked me when i found out....

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    anyone see them on conan obrien last night? they played black bubblegum and it was awesome...andwhen greg went into the crowd everyone seemed freaked out...it was sweet...

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Yeah, it was great when the guy got on the desk, and there's Conan, rockin out. :rock 

Might have to check out the album now. Not a bad song.

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    ... Dillinger on mainstream TV? Good grief.
    Like the new album btw. Not my favourite by a long stretch, doesn't seem quite the jump that Miss Machine was from Calculating Infinity, but still not bad at all. Looking forward to seeing 'em for about the 10th time next time they hit the UK :D 

11. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I don't like TDEP that much, but the label is awesome -Relapse- many great bands like Exhumed.

12. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I saw DEP a couple of times a few years ago. I quite liked it, I might check this new album out.

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, the new album is pretty awesome...its like a good blend of miss machine and calculating infinity. milk lizard is probably my favorite song, as well as lurch. those songs are just great. i definately reccommend this album to anyone who will give it a chance...

Buy it here for only 12.47 SHIPPED