The 'did anyone else' thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I saw the movie tonight. Almost everyone in the program (around 74 people aside from the 6 that didn't go) that I'm in decided to go see TF3 tonight instead of Monday which I'm happy for. Anyway, I'm pretty blown away but I have a few 'did anyone else' questions.

Did anyone else feel like the 3D was overhyped? I only saw RealD not IMAX but still I was expecting a WHOLE lot more than that.

Did anyone else miss the Twins? Wheelie and Brains had the theater howling with laughter at times but I feel like they weren't nearly as effective comic relief as ol' Skids and Mudflap. I spotted them in the hanger so I guess I'm entitled to that 25,000 but I was really hoping Bay would keep the part from the comics where they got blasted by Sentinel.

Did anyone else have people stand up and clap when the Autobots made their dramatic return in Chicago? I heard something about someone else saw a standing ovation in their theater but I got that too! It was kind of funny actually :lol 

Was anyone else caught off guard by the fact that Laserbeak spoke? My eyebrows took a nice stretch when I first saw that. I was thinking he'd be more Ravage-like but I guess it kind of fit his role in the story. I actually think he was the scariest of all of the Decepticons in the movie.

Was anyone else caught off guard by all of the blood? The people I was with who weren't super into the series were complaining about robots aren't supposed to bleed like that. I thought it was really weird but I guess the crew wanted their deaths to see more gruesome.

Did anyone else not feel for Wheeljack when he died? It was kind of sad but he had considerably less screentime and characterization than I expected. Also the part where Bumblebee almost got killed was not as impactful as I had imagined or hope. Maybe it was because I knew he wasn't going to die. I really regret spoiling myself.

Did anyone else feel like Shockwave was useless. He might as well have been cannon fodder. He said one intelligible word and it was Optimus and he didn't even fight all that well. I feel like he was worse than the Fallen.

Anyway, as a final statement, I liked the movie (pretty much everyone else I was with did too) and I enjoyed it greatly (I even clapped at the end even though that is greatly against my usual movie values) but I feel it was just as bad as ROTF when it comes to story coherence and balance. Maybe it was a little better but not incredibly. I would go see it again however. Maybe in IMAX next time :D 

2. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    1) Loved the 3D.

2) Did miss the twins in a way. Wish they used like they were in the novel.

3) Nope. My theater was quiet.

4) YES! I didn't think he would talk and then all of a sudden he kills that russian and speaks. I was like "holy shit".

5) I thought it was a cool addition. Like one reviewer said. Bay's next film needs to be a hard r-rated film. (Bad Boys 3) He seems to be dying for it.

6) I thought it was really sad because que/wheeljack was pleading for his life. But honestly, I was holding my breath when they almost killed Bumblebee. Before the movie started I kind of knew Bumblebee would survive but that scene got me.

7) He was definitly useless. He would have been great if he killed someone. Maybe Dino or brains/wheelie?

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Did anyone else feel like the 3D was overhyped?

It was. The 3D was still good and added to some of the scenes but it wasn't as revolutionary some stuff was hyping it to be.

Did anyone else miss the Twins?

I didn't miss the twins at all. The twins were stupid and they barely made me laugh. Plus it got rid of the controversy crap. Didn't help that they took screen time other characters could have had.

Did anyone else have people stand up and clap when the Autobots made their dramatic return in Chicago?

Nobody clapped except at the end.

Was anyone else caught off guard by the fact that Laserbeak spoke?

No, because I was spoiled.

Was anyone else caught off guard by all of the blood?

A bit. It was kind of weird when the Dreads were basically drooling red fluids.

Did anyone else not feel for Wheeljack when he died?

I didn't feel much either, but it was still sorta sad and depressing. Old man scared and begging for his life but just gets pushed around and killed in two shots anyway.

Did anyone else feel like Shockwave was useless.

He was useless. They just used him as hype to heighten the twist.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:

No I really liked it and I felt that it immersed me in the movie.

I kinda wish they were in there (just background characters) to be killed by Sentinel. :ev: 

Did anyone else have people stand up and clap when the Autobots made their dramatic return in Chicago?

Not stand up, but during that scene and some of the 'Con death scenes they did clap.

Yes, pleasantly.

Not really, because they started doing that in ROTF.

I did a little. Especially when Bumblebee saw his friend old friend being taken to the firing line and played that sound clip, "Goodby old friend."

Kinda, but he had an epic design that made up for it. As being the "main character," I think that was just to hid the plot twist.

Thanks to Bountyan for the question outline. :D 

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did anyone else feel like the 3D was overhyped? I only saw RealD not IMAX but still I was expecting a WHOLE lot more than that.
    I saw it in IMAX 3D and thought it worked great. It wasn't distracting or forced at all, to me.

No, I thought Brains and Wheelie worked much better as a comedic duo. I was actually sad when they apparently died...had the Twins been left in and died at Sentinel's hands, I don't think I would've cared (I wouldn't have jumped up and down in joy either).

No standing ovations when I saw it on Tuesday night, but people did start clapping and cheering.

I was caught off guard too (I can't remember, has a Laserbeak character ever talked before in Transformers media?) since I wasn't expecting it at all, but I quickly loved the characterization and he's my favorite Decepticon from the three films, easily.

I became "familiar" with robots spewing bodily fluids thanks to RotF, so I wasn't caught off guard there.

I was sad when Q/Wheeljack died. My theatre cheered openly when Bumblebee killed Soundwave after.

I wouldn't say useless (he did have his pet driller, which sparked that line from Tyrese I liked about Decepticons always getting the good shit), but it became clear halfway through the film (and from some of the spoilers that came out leading up to the film's release) that he was a giant red (purplish) herring, plotwise. I'm just sad we didn't get some more lines from him in David Warner's voice after all.

6. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Did anyone notice there was someone who sounded like Skids/Mudflap like two seconds before showing SP tearing up the Nest base? It's just as Mearing is getting out of the suv and walking to the door you see fire burst out and that's when you hear it.

7. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Guilty as charged :D 

8. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Yeah, a little. The 3D was good, but not AMAZING
    I did a little. I thought they were funny in ROTF.
    Nope
    I certainly was. I thought he was gonna be like mute like Ravage.
    Not Really.
    I did. He begged for his life desperately. Damn you, Soundwave
    I did. He was hyped to be the main villain when in fact, he hardly had a role. He didn't really speak. His potential was wasted

9. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did anyone else notice the burning El trains on the elevated tracks in the background?

You can see it in one scene during the Starscream's fight with Sam, and near the end after the Prime fights.

10. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I am 100% with you on Laserbeak. He's nearly my favorite movie Decepticon now!

11. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

3D overhyped, saw it in realD. no idea about imax quality but have to assume the i'd have the same opinion.

for the record i liked the Avatar 3D in certain scenes but overall I could have lived without it.

12. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Laserbeak = quad changer
    And an actual decepticon that was evil and fucked with people! Hell's yeah!

13. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I didn't but that would be really cool to hear (maybe the novel WAS right it just happened offscreen...) I might be going back to see it in IMAX depending on what the others want to do so I'll listen for it.

About the El train comment I did not see that but what's the relevance? I'm not trying to be rude I just don't know what that has signifigance with.

14. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    No

Somewhat, yes

Never

Yes, in a good way.

No, I saw it coming

I think most of us felt for Wheeljack

No