The deleted scenes from the Transformers the movie might have been animated.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Mar 4, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

In The Transformers The movie promo some scenes were unseen in the film. Many of these scenes look like some of the animatics of deleted scenes.

With these scenes animated and the so called "only existing deleted scene found" and the scenes that seem to follow or lead to deleted scenes (like optimus getting up when he was already up and the sweeps lazer when they were killing Magnus) it is easy to presume that all the scenes from the finale uncut script were animated.

Since I can't figure out how to put up pics I will list the similare scenes.

Hotrod jumping off the tower.

The scene were perceptor runs up to Magnus is similare to the animatic were Magnus is telling hotrod to go to his batlle station in wich scene you can see persepter running up to him.

2. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:

"Easy to presume"? Hardly mate. You have made a mounmental LEAP OF (IL)LOGIC there.

If they had been animated and were still available, we would have found out by now. I know some people would love to find something new that has just somehow been forgotten for 25+ years, but I'm afraid it's just not going to happen.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The fact is, with the number of different re-releases and re-masters of the 1986 movie out there, someone, probably Metrodome who went to the trouble of reconstructing the extra footage around the sides from the original film, would have included it on one of the releases. The fact that nobody has means there probably is no deleted footage to be included.

4. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

I agree. Cut means it was not animated. If this was a live action flick, then maybe. But the huge amount of man-hours that go into hand (ink and paint cellulose) animation makes any hopes of seeing that material actually animated slim to not at all.

When this movie was made it took 24 hand-drawn cells per second of film. It literally took days to animate a few seconds. And that was WITH time saving techniques like rotoscoping.

5. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, they weren't beyond storyboards, Metrodome for their 20th aniversary edition included all the footage and the longest deleted animated shot was after astrotrain takes off in retreat from autobot city and the view pans over to where autobots run over to help prime.

Thats it unfortunately, I wouldn't be against the deleted scenes in question (dirge jumping prime, red alert fighting magnus, shockwave's demise) being animated to fit in with the rest of the cut though.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm surprised that over the years none of the artistically talented TF fans we have around seem to have ever taken those storyboards and tried to animate those scenes in the style of the movie.

9. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    The only actual cut/original scenes not in the movie were the ones in the first trailer I think. You know, the one with Powered Convoy instead of Ultra Magnus.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

They weren't cut from the actual movie that was released in theatres. That trailer is made up of totally seperate animation created specifically as a promo trailer for use in Japan IIRC (somebody correct me if I'm worng here).

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Is this why some of these film cells that are listed for sale fetch a high-price?

12. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Maybe, but some of the scenes were animated (matte being a different story) the same as what would end up in the movie.

13. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Be nice if Dr. Smoov and co. animated some of the storyboards that didn't make the final cut. Preferably the scene where Magnus, Sideswipe, Tracks and Red Alert take on Devestator before the Constructicons blow Red Alert away.

There's a certain irony having a paranoid character get shot in the back.

14. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did animate them, they are the easter egg on the Sony DVD

15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was test footage made before the movie to show around cinemas to see if they'd play it. See my earlier post and the other responses.

16. Hosta

Hosta Banned

it's a pity that the same can't be said(in terms of deleted or extended scenes) for the two Bay TRANSFORMERS Films on UK DVD! coz both films had exended IMAX versions when 1st released but those versions never made it to UK DVD(not Blu Ray).

17. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I bet there's unseen stuff kicking around in a vault somewhere..when did that Japanese trailer with the extra footage and Diaclone Magnus appear anyway? If it was fairly recently, there could similar footage yet to emerge.

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Any chance of you telling us how to access it? I hate easter eggs for the very reason that I never find any of them. Why not just put it in the special features straight up?

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hitch is the man!

20. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

What you mean by easter eggs?