The Definitive G1 Collection in UK

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Galva Prime, Dec 30, 2016.

1. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

...and as if by magic, I get a reply from them! - should be 'processed' in the next 7-14 days, whatever the hell that means!

2. batfan007

batfan007 Grimstrong Shipper

News Credits:
    any chance you can mention here please WHAT the misprint is?

3. scamper

the misprint is not a misprint per se - it's that two pages are not from Primacy - they're from the previous volume ( War & Peace, if memory serves me right) - Hachette confirmed the error on facebook and offered to send out corrected volumes if you send them a DM with a photo of the wrong volume and your details.

• Like Like x 1
  4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    got a reply from them today , they are sending me issue 15 :) 

5. batfan007

batfan007 Grimstrong Shipper

News Credits:
    Thanks, I just subbed to this reprint series so will keep my best sleuthing magnifying glass handy.

6. scamper

I'd also recommend giving them a follow on FB - seem to be much more efficient with communications via that route...

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Sorry for the wait, didn't see your quote of my post. Here ye go:

https://m.facebook.com/TransformersG1Collection/
    If you're a subscriber then any error issues should be replaced automatically without you having to ask them for it. If an error is found and reported on their site and you've not yet had your copy sent out then they'll hold off sending you that issue until a corrected batch has been printed. At least that's my understanding of it.
    People buying from retail stores instead of subscribing, such as myself, have to message them directly with photographic proof of purchase of the error issue in question and mailing details for a corrected replacement to be sent out.

But definitely scrutinize every issue you get in case you spot a problem that others haven't. I only flick through my copies quickly on opening and then set them aside for a proper read when the collection is a bit more complete, so I appreciate the eagle-eyed people that spot the problems and report them so I know to request a corrected replacement.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Just picked up Perchance to Dream, and the new colour work is absolutely gorgeous. It's almost like discovering some lost, unseen run of comics.

My only gripe is that I wish they'd ordered the strips as originally intended, with Out to Lunch, Rage, Underworld and Mind Games all supposed to take place around Megatron's US return back in Volume 16 (Primal Scream), rather than here in Volume 19. The essay on divergent continuities only underlines the fact they're repeating the original failure to line up stories...

• Like Like x 1
  9. scamper

@Housewife2000 - totally agree - it does grate a little that the continuity is a bit slapdash - I'm keeping a list of all the solicitations for the series and there's some really weird gaps - especially around the '-Ations' era IDW stuff... - but, the presentation is ace, and I'm falling in love with the growing spine art that's developing on my bookshelf, so I can't really complain too much

• Like Like x 2
  10. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Mostly harmless.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Apparently we're getting Infiltration as the first of the IDW collections, before Megatron: Origin/the Primacy stuff. Furman says it's because it was the story that launched the whole IDW universe, so should be first. I'm not sure it's the best idea, but there's at least some logic behind it!

EDIT: I completely agree on the spine art - it's the best one Hachette have done for any of the collections so far.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  11. scamper

so, from my list, we're looking at - (going by volume number)
    32 - Infiltration
    33 - Megatron Origins
    34- ?
    35 - Primacy
    36 - Stormbringer
    37- Escalation
    38- TBC - more than likely Devestation
    39 - Hearts of Steel
    40 - Maximum Dinobots

I'm guessing that 34 will be the first part of the pre-war trilogy (name escapes me) - 38 Has to be Devestation - can't be anything else..

in all honesty, I'd have preferred Megatron Origins to come before Infiltration, as well as ideally the pre-war stuff, as I think the '-Ations' read better as one uninterrupted run

but as I say, just grateful that such a project ever came to fruition

12. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Mostly harmless.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm thinking that Megatron: Origin wil have at least Spotlight Blurr in it, possibly Cliffjumper too, or it'll be a very short volume. 34 should be Autocracy, but it'll need something else bundled in with it or it'll very short as well.

38 as Devastation (plus a couple of Spotlights) makes sense with Revelations (plus the remaining Spotlights) as 41 rounding out Furmans run. Even though Max. Dinobots was published after Revelations, it at least makes sense to run it after. It's a better end point for the -ations era, and clears the decks for All Hail Megatron.

13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    So I caved and ordered a copy of Power Play direct from the Hachette site after Perchance To Dream unexpectedly rocked up in my local WH, this was Monday the 28th August and still nada, anybody ordered singles direct from 'em themselves? FYI I chose standard delivery so I wasn't expecting instantaneous delivery but there isn't so much as a dispatch notice, do they even give them?

14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Looking at their order page for that issue it says standard delivery is three to seven working days. Going by their Facebook-posting habits I don't think they work at the weekend so it might turn up tomorrow or Thursday. Still, doesn't hurt to shoot them a message just in case, especially if you've had no notification of dispatch.

Also just remembered that Monday 28th August was a Bank Holiday so I doubt anything would've been done that day either as it probably wouldn't have been counted as a working day. So, knocking out weekends and that Monday would make it tomorrow or this coming Thursday at the very latest.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Cheers, I think I'll give it until Friday with the Bank Holiday and subsequent weekend.

16. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Indeed. The postal service would have lost a day as well with the Bank Holiday so that could bump it back an extra day too. It's also entirely possible Hatchette has gotten slowed up since they're apparently getting ready to send out all the corrected replacement copies of the error issue sixteen early next week. Not an excuse, of course, but I dunno how big their operation is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Of course, no need to excuse. I didn't wish to accuse, I always try to factor reality into the equation before emitting a high-pitch entitled whine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ac77

ac77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any subscribers received 17 & 18 yet? I believe that the street date for 19 was the 6th September, normally that's about when subscribers get the previous two issues.

19. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Issue nineteen did indeed hit retail last Wednesday.
    Issue seventeen is being reprinted since it had errors in it so it's possible that's holding up seventeen and eighteen going out to subscribers. The corrected issue sixteen is only just about to be sent out so the corrected seventeen (and probably accompanying eighteen) might be held up even longer.
    Best thing to do would be to ask on their Facebook page or message them directly.

20. Michael Howey

Michael Howey Member

People often get the wrong issue. I got an unreleased one today.

Attached Files: