The Definitive G1 Collection in UK

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Galva Prime, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a seller on ebay that gets these in batches of two and sells them for £14 shipped (so £7 a book, 30% off RRP!). The latest he put up were Windblade & Perchance to Dream. I got them Monday. Don't ask me how he gets them, but they are the real deal, and like I said, I love this volume!

Edit: Not sure if we're allowed to link like this, but it's a completed auctio (note - not the one I purchased, he usually has 3x sets):

HACHETTE TRANSFORMERS THE DEFINITIVE G1 COLLECTION ISSUES 18 & 17 Brand NEW | eBay

2. Michael Howey

Michael Howey Member

So maximum dinobots is volume 40, (Hachette website cover image). Add this to the weird primacy placement and the reading order is looking way off.

3. Mr P

Mr P Member

It's not intended to be in reading order, that's not how partworks work.

4. Michael Howey

Michael Howey Member

It is when complete.

5. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    those of you that are paying the subscription what issue you up to?

7. ubik

ubik Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    15, War and Peace

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If you don't subscribe and just get your issues from a newsagent then it's worth following this thing on their Facebook page so you know about reports of printing errors and if you need to get them to send you corrected replacement copies of those issues (issues 16 & 17).

9. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got issue 18 today from WHSmith. It is fantastic to see those old black and white stories in colour.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm one of the first to report anything on facebook anyway to let everyone know.

11. batfan007

batfan007 Grimstrong Shipper

News Credits:
    So this reprint series has just launched here in OZ this week.

I'm already into collecting IDW classics UK, but considering getting these ones.

can anyone tell me, the "history of TF UK" essays that feature in the IDW TFUK Classics series, and the other essays in those book before and after the stories, is ANY of that reprinted in this new "Definitive G1 collection" print by this other publisher?

Is this series still running presently in the UK?

I've seen loads of stuff like this over the years at newsagents that runs for like a year and then gets canned (nearly always OZ reprints of UK material that get by on cheap first few issues then go the way of the dinosaur). If they follow through and do everything, I'm inclined to collect it, the price is quite good compared to average prices of buying newsprint trades here in OZ of US comics.

I'm going to email the local publisher/distributor here and ask if I get a subscription, does that mean I can get the whole thing, or if there's a chance it will be cancelled mid run like so many other things over the years that come in this format at newsagents.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  12. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, none of the "history of TF UK" essays - or any of that material - are being reprinted. However, these do books do contain other bonus articles/essays exclusive to this series - they're not as good as the IDW Classic UK ones, but nice to have I suppose.

This series is still presently running in the UK - we're up to issue #18.

Hopefully Oz won't be plagued by some of the printing issues we've had here, and the occasional 'teething problems' won't be repeated.

• Like Like x 1
  13. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    thought i was behind they have not posted me 15 although charging me for it :(  got 16 today

14. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you get the print error 16? We should get to #80 & talk about #81. But atleast Oz gets everything sorted out so your run are going to be 100% perfect. Did Oz every get the test run issues?

15. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Another copy of Primacy (issue 16) arrived today. I've had a flip through, and can't find the misprint, so hopefully they've sorted it.

16. batfan007

News Credits:
    What are the printing issues?

It's the exact same books, with prices in pounds on the packaging etc. So far it looks like it came by boat rather than printing press, but who knows.

I emailed the local company here, but just got a sales related response about subscribing, so they obviously have nothing to do with it in that department.

Front page publisher credits are all hachette or whatever it is, indicating UK printing.
    Only thing added (unless it was already there) is customer enquiries for NZ and OZ.

Has same core website (sales page) that is ref worldwide

Transformers The Definitive G1 Collection

I'd appreciate knowing about any printing issues, as these are the same books. Not new printings or anything as far as I can tell.

Can you link to the FB page please, it's not coming up in any searches

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  17. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the printing error would be corrected from the warehouse stock they ship out to you anyway. They have a few months to get the correct stock in & would cost them to replace the stock. So it would save them money to only have correct copies in stock. So #1 should have the correct spine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. batfan007

News Credits:
    So what is the "correct spine" then?

The first ever book just came out here this week in OZ and its "vol 6" with megatron on the cover, the book is a reprint of TFUK Target 2006.
    Is that the first volume you guys got?

19. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the first issue the black on the spine was about 1cm longer than it should be - hold 2 books next to each other making sure one is v6. If the black line doesn't line up - the image does it is just the black line was just longer but they did a reprint of it anyway & gave free with #7. You'll not notice it if not pointed out.

20. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

lucky you - I messaged them on FB, gave over details and got yet another copy of Target 2006 in return.... seriously, how bloody hard is it? - have finally heard back from them today after over a weeks radio silence, so hopefully I can get a corrected copy

however, when they do get things right ( like Perchance to Dream - some of my fave uk stories in there, plus randomly the issues immediately after the massive battle on Cybertron), it is GLORIOUS - almost worth the shocking customer service... (almost)

• Like Like x 1