The Definitive G1 Collection in UK

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by User_136440, Dec 30, 2016.

1. mcluskyism

mcluskyism Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The #1 reprint was only packed in with #7 in the shops, if you had a sub it was sent out separately after #7 shipment. This was also around the time their computer system glitched and amended most people's addresses to one missing most of the important info [like name, house number, etc], which they neglected to let anyone know about.

Glad I gave up on the sub, terrible service.

• Like Like x 4
  2. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

agreed - just glad I've got a pretty good WH smiths nearby who don't seem to have any issue getting them in...

3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    My local WH's was one of the ones that stopped stocking it, just in time to not get in 'Power Play' and the G1 Mini-Series that I actually wanted!
    I now note that their lone subscriber must, like me, have also had enough of the padding out with IDW between Marvel collecting as well because this past week or so they had a single, lonely copy of the Primacy issue sat forlornly in the subscription mags standee!

4. scamper

to those that got hold of Primacy with the printing error, there's a post on their FB page with details of how to get replacements ( for both Subscribers and non subscribers) - pretty straightforward..

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Odd that they happily repacked a corrected #1 with #7 (over what was a minor error) but aren't doing the same here, with what is arguably a far bigger mistake (affecting the story).

Basically, you have to have spent money on the wrong version this time in order to qualify for the corrected version. Not at all unreasonable, but at odds with the approach to the corrected #1.

I never got around to picking up this issue (have the stories digitally). It's going to make getting this issue on the second-hand market/ebay more challenging - esp. as lots of people are going to try and unload the misprint version. I am sure sellers won't volunteer this flaw in the item description, so worth clarifying!

Hachette have been a little coy on confirming if they will only sell the corrected version via their website as well - one assumes/hopes that is the case!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ubik

ubik Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Do you have a link? I cant find any details, their official site has nothing and I cant find a Transformers FB site

7. scamper

don't have access to FB at work, but it is there - you need to search 'Transformers definitive' and it should show up - Official website is about as good as their Call centre - FB seems to be a bit better run...

had confirmation from them this morning that a corrected volume will be sent out 'shortly'

8. Magnus' Mate

News Credits:
  9. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Today I received the the corrected 1st issue, and also a new copy of Primacy. Unfortunately, the Primacy they sent still has the error in it, so I suspect that it's not a reprinting and someone's got confused somewhere.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Better get on that quick in case you've been ticked off the list of 'corrected' copies sent.

Me, I can't seem to get the messaging working there to even give them my details to send me out a replacement for my retail copy. :( 

11. Magnus' Mate

News Credits:
    I got my copy of "Perchance to Dream". Aside from a few typos (which I'm sure weren't in the original comics, though haven't had a chance to check yet), this is a fantastic issue. The colouring job done on the B&W stories from #240-260 are excellent, especially the Dark Rodimus issues. Given that we have no idea whether IDW will ever release the coloured versions of these stories (they haven't even released the B&W versions yet!!), I would recommend this edition to any Marvel UK fan!

• Like Like x 2
  12. scamper

huh? - didn't think that was due out til next month? - Windblade came out today...

13. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    I've got some fairly hefty WHSmiths I can check on in the course of my week and this hasn't been in any of them since issue Seven. And my local Newsagent stopped being able to get it after issue eight when it wasn't a problem before. This is in South London so was just curious as to what areas of the Country are still seeing this in shops? I don't want every issue but it would be nice to get hardback versions for the Marvel runs and it's a bit annoying that yet again I seem to be in a retail black hole.

• Like Like x 1
  14. scamper

my WH Smiths (Bath) doesn't seem to have a problem putting them by for me - not seen them out on the shop floor since possibly Regen 1 volume?

15. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another printing error

16. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've paid £20 for whsmith to save it for me but they decided to put my copy on the shelf & no bother saving it for me.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Odd that your newsagent can't get it in. I have mine saved at my local one and it's been in on release day every time.
    It also still crops up in the Asda here on occasion.
    I'm in Norfolk.

What? Where? Oh, come the ffff on!

18. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then Transformers #35 pages 9-22 #36 page 1-18 #35 page 1-8 # 36 page 19-22 #37,38

You've got #18 2 weeks before it is released. I want that issue now but have to wait 2 weeks then.

19. scamper

yeah - thought there might be - one of the pages seems like they've zoomed in and cut off some dialogue - really billy basic mistakes...

I think I may be lucky with the standing order - the guy who runs the SO's at my local Smiths is pretty pro-active and insanely helpful...

20. scamper

that's frankly appalling and you need to raise it with the store manager.