The Definitive G1 Collection in UK

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by User_136440, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    My WHSmiths has so far had every issue, as has my ASDA. Never seen any copies in Tescos or Sainsburys here though.
    Of the newsagents I've seen them in, some still have it, like only a single copy, or seem to have stopped after issue three.
    Pretty certain I'll be seeing less and less copies out in the wild as time goes on.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'll have to look in the Asda then. I don't bother with the magazine section in there usually.

3. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I get my local newsagent to order in a copy each fortnight and shove it under the counter for me to collect. Unless you're just cherry-picking specific issues it might be worth doing something like that if you're not fancying subscribing.

4. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone know if this series will include the Transformers/Action Force crossover "Ancient Relics"?

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasn't been confirmed yet. Apparently won't include G2, the cartoon Marvel Movie adaptation or the TF/GI Joe (US) crossover... so at this stage, who knows?

6. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    It's such a pity this has become the 'UNdefinitive G1 Collection'. None of the stuff they're skipping is exactly obscure. They really need to change that misleading title.

I imagine none of the Free Comic Day TF stuff will feature either, as I've missed out on a load of those.

Have they given a reason why some stuff is being skipped?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  7. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Actually I believe the FCBD stuff is being included according to solicitations. G2 isn't being included as... it's not G1. But then they're doing Hearts of Steel so that justification goes out the window. But Furman's curating this and wants to use ReGen1 so that's the deal.

Shame about the movie adaptation as that regularly gets passed over in these collections as does the GI JOE crossover. However as this is attempting to do the Marvel UK run with the US stuff integrated as it was originally published they skipped the TF/Joe crossovers there back in the day. I can live with that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marvel UK TF did eventually reprint the GI Joe crossover in the 200s.

9. ac77

ac77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. themonkey

themonkey Member

Hi there - I've just joined this forum to ask some questions about the non-inclusion of the Marvel Movie adaptation, which has really annoyed me.

Do you know where it has been announced that the Marvel movie adaptation won't be included?

And does anyone know :

1.Why it hasn't been included, seeing as it links closely to Target 2006?
    2. any collections where it has been included?

Many thanks in anticipation.

11. Magnus' Mate

News Credits:
    Furman confirmed it, either on his blog or on the Facebook page for the collection. I forget which - somebody else around here can probably find it.

As for why it hasn't been included... Furman is consultant on this series, and has always had his little quirks and foibles about what is acceptable to include or not in any collection (remember the Titan TPB series of reprints in 2001-2005? Furman had the same role then, and was responsible for none of the earlier UK material pre UK#45 being included).

It was either "thematic" reasons or "space" reasons this time... but I do wonder if it might still be collected in its own volume alongside the IDW animated movie adaptation (7 issues would be enough for one volume of this collection). Giving him the benefit of the doubt, what Furman may have meant was the movie adaptation wasn't being included in the Marvel sequence of volumes (#1-20)... but could still find a space elsewhere. Similarly, maybe the first GI Joe crossover (albeit a terrible story, but hey, we're completists, right!?) will see release later outside the Marvel sequence. If they can include that WW2 crossover from Dreamwave, there is no reason not to include this one as well.

To my knowledge, the Marvel movie adaptation has only seen TPB reprint once, in the Transformers Classics Vol 7 volume.

12. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are there any previews or images on line anywhere for those b and W issues that are now colored ? I really really want those volumes.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  13. themonkey

themonkey Member

Thank you very much for this lengthy reply. Your idea of combining the 2 animated movie adaptations into one special sounds like a good one and sounds like something that could be easily named / branded: "Transformers - the Movie". Do you know if anyone has suggested this to Furman and if he is receptive to suggestions?

14. Magnus' Mate

News Credits:
    No idea. I would be surprised if the initial planned 80-volume set hasn't already been planned out in terms of contents. However, partworks like this are often extended if they sell really well (Hachette's own Ultimate Marvel Graphic Novel collection was planned for 80 issues... currently on 140-something!)... if that comes to pass, you can bet Hachette will stretch to include everything they can!

15. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd like to see G2 included. It's more linked to G1 than Hearts of Steel. Surely it wouldn't be many more books to include Beast Wars, Armada and the other misc Transformer comic series over the years as their hasn't been that much outside of G1 really. Though I could live without the bayformers stuff.

16. rodster6

Ebay:
    Oh and I have no desire for the G.I Joe cross over stuff either. Especially that one a few years ago that was drawn by a 5 year old.

• Like Like x 1
  17. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    was this supposed to be £9.99 a month for standard subscription? they have just taken £19.98 out of my bank was it supposed to go up after 2 months? maybe i'm just tired but can't find where it says they charge more than £9.99 for standard subscription after a couple of months or remember :lol 

18. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who couldn't subscribe to this if I wanted to (wrong country) so haven't kept track of things, I believe it is 10 an issue, released fortnightly.

19. rodster6

Ebay:
    They usually send them two books at a time and charge you for two at a time, once a month.

20. rodster6

Ebay:
    As it comes out every fortnight, so basically twice a month.