The Definitive G1 Collection in UK

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by User_136440, Dec 30, 2016.

1. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

anyone had issues getting this weeks volume? (Primeless, I think) - popped into Smiths and they hadn't had it in... hope this isn't ominous...

2. Tomontherun94

Tomontherun94 Well-Known Member

Got my one in okay, do you reserve copies or do they have them on the rack? They had an issue last month ordering in World's Collide pt 2 but Smiths said that was on their end, nothe Hachette or the distributor (not that it matters of course, thanks to the misprint kerfuffle).

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've never had a problem getting my copy from retail. I always go to collect it on the Wednesday day of release from the newsagent that gets it in for me and it's always there waiting for me. I only ever hear of late issues at retail when it's WHSmiths.

4. scamper

Interesting... I reserve copies as they've long disappeared from the racks - and it is a WH Smiths, so will try again today..

thanks for the advice chaps!

• Like Like x 1
  5. scamper

grrr... still nothing - and the till staff are frankly nonplussed - will try again tomorrow, and if still a no, consult a manager...

6. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine this time on the day of release than 3 days late. This issue doesn't have the cover gallery because 4 pages are repeated from Lost light #10 so the story flows & put in changed text but #11 must have 22 pages.

7. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Mine is reserved as well with the local Co-Op. If they weren't getting in my copy then they wouldn't stock it at all.
    It might be worth checking out newsagents and convenience stores around your area to see if they'd order in and save it for you since WHSmiths always seems to be so poor at supplying issues on release day. I'm assuming you're paying their deposit as well for saving it, which when I originally asked Smiths if they'd save it for me was three times regular cover price. Thirty quid out of my pocket JUST to save it? I said bollocks to that and thankfully my Co-Op saves the TF Collection and the others I get saved there without any deposit.
    Honestly, ask around as it might save you annoyance in the long-run.
    But that's not technically errors though, right? Asking for my stress levels. :p 

8. scamper

actually, I never had to pay a deposit to set mine up - apparently they were trialling a new process.. and in all truth , this is the first time in 50 issues that they've not had it on release day - they had it today, thankfully..

30 issues to go.. (unless they announce an extension)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Well then, hopefully this time was only a hiccup. :) 

Honestly, I'll be glad when the damn thing is over and finished.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    A-MEN! :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  11. scamper

agreed - it's just about been worth the effort - but only just..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my copy of Primeless . Since i started getting the books from WHSmith i have never had a problem . Much easier than dealing with Hatchett directly .

Does anybody know if the Unicron series will be included in the last issues ?

13. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It'd have to be extended to fit Unicron in. Hopefully it will be so it can finish up the IDW run and slip the Marvel G2 volumes in!

• Like Like x 1
  14. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they do v80 would be Optimus Prime #13-25. Lost light #13-25. Unicron #1-6. Annual 2017,2018. The spine only has Prowls hand on it

15. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't expect them to even start Optimus Prime, maybe LL and definitely all of TAAO, but now that they are so close I hope they do extend it to Unicron. It is wasting my money as someone who has been collecting single issues for long enough to own anything in the extension but for the sake of a few volumes I'd stick with it.

I vaguely remember ROM and friends causing a problem though so unless someone further along the series than Australia can prove me wrong (yes that's an invitation) not expecting it though. You could maybe omit OP 23 and the secondary finales (outside of GI Joe) but there is too much in Unicron itself if they still want to avoid those licenses.

Really curious where and how they decide to leave off.

16. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I've made the mistake of since starting to collect other book collections too. But the TF one has been the most troublesome.

17. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope they include the Unicron IDW finale in the series just to make it feel complete. I'm glad they've included Armada as I've always been a fan of that series. G2 would be a welcome inclusion too.

18. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    The Unicron miniseries? I suppose it depends where things stand with the rights to include stuff with ROM since he's in it along with other crossover characters.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is a good point. If they want to extend it, they're going to have to pick up the other rights too. It wouldn't be that difficult though, since they already have GI Joe, and the rest are Hasbro properties. I imagine the only reason they didn't before was because it was only going to affect the tail end of the series and could be fudged. Hopefully, anyway!

Personally, I'd love to see all of the Botcon/club comics get collected too, along with some of the Japanese manga stuff, if they really want to get obscure! Add that and the non-G1 stuff and they could get a nice hefty extension added on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tomontherun94

Tomontherun94 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the other rights issues could be. I doubt there's another licensor for essentially dead properties like MASK and Rom in the UK and even if there was, it would have affected the original IDW books being released in the UK. Like how when IDW had the Doctor Who license they legally couldn't sell issues in UK comic shops as Panini had the exclusive rights at the time.