The Definitive G1 Collection in UK

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Galva Prime, Dec 30, 2016.

1. farrs

farrs Well-Known Member

Recieved replacement #16 primacy today, complete with a crunched corner, well done!
    Could someone please clarify as im not a subscriber and am confused by the numbering system, does #17 (windblade) also have errors that means it needs replacing? Issue #20 was not instock today and wont be til friday apparently.

2. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes you just need to wait for #17. They did send ones out but it was the error stock.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Where are you buying your copies from? I picked up my issue twenty from the newsagent Wednesday. Anyway, I don't think there are magazine deliveries on a Friday. At least there never were when I ran a newsagents back in the early nineties.

Have you notified Hatchette that you need a replacement issue seventeen too? Otherwise you won't get one since you say you're not a subscriber.

Did anyone hear anything further about the mention of errors in issue twenty? I had a quick flick through mine and couldn't see any immediate problems. Also, somebody over on their Facebook page got a message from Hatchette that issue eighteen had errors too. Possibly they meant issue sixteen, but since we had two error issues back-to-back with sixteen and seventeen it's made me kinda paranoid.

4. farrs

farrs Well-Known Member

Forbidden planet mate,yes i email hatchette for replacements, so the new issue 20 also has errors? Its getting a bit of a joke now,in other news i recieved the bookends earlier this week.

5. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some copies of #20 have an error but it looks like only the small first print run so they might have got them before sending out

6. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my copy & it doesn't have any errors in it

7. Mr P

Mr P Member

What is the nature of the error on issue 20?

8. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Mostly harmless.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just saw this on the Facebook page. It's the sixth print for the premium subscribers, by Andrew Griffith. Coming with issues 79/80, apparently!

(Which will be about two years time, so there's a bit of a wait there...) FB_IMG_1506106969725.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some copies (only one found so far) have text printing error but no one else has it so the whole stock should be ok until someone finds another copy with the error. It's only some text double printed out of line on 2 pages.

10. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Probably just a one-off slip when printing then.
    However, is there a photo of the errors and which page so we know where to check just in case?

11. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sep 11, 2017 at 2:51pm tomwe said:
    It's just those two pages - in the comic its pages 9 & 16 of issue 87. 37 and 44 in the new HC collection.

Photo is on the facebook page, sure I posted a link to it but it's gone from this thread. - its showing now, somehow new posts had disappeared

13. cashel

cashel Well-Known Member

are these going to be available in the u.s. eventually? and, yes-i'm ignorant, are these reprinting stories from different continuities in any chronological timeline? it seems to include uk stuff, marvel stuff, and dreamwave, idw stuff. is this correct?

14. pnova

pnova Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's jumping from one era to another to keep people around to build up the image on the spines. Optimus Prime is almost complete thats the IDW start stuff

15. ac77

ac77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any subscribers received the "last months" books with Winblade and Purchance to Dream yet?

16. Mr P

Mr P Member

Nope

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I'm just lost now.
    Which ones so far have had errors? Issue and volume numbers please. After I've removed the cellophane wrapper with the sticker on I have no idea what issue each one was. Volume title too if you fancy. And what was the nature of the errors? Which ones have Hatchette acknowledged and are doing replacement printings of?

When I started collecting this damn thing I really didn't think it would be so confusing. I wanted to buy comic strips, not homework.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ac77

ac77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Issue 17, which was volume 64 - Windblade - apparently had an error which lead to both it and issue
    18, which was volume 19 - Perchance to Dream - being delayed, and issues 19 & 20 (maximum dinobots and regeneration V2) being sent out early in their place.

I've not received the replacement issues 17 & 18 yet, but Hachets release schedule is beyond my teeny brain's understanding.

19. themonkey

themonkey Member

If I see one of the first 4 issues sealed but without an issue number sticker, does this mean it was from the trial run? How can you identify trial run issues? Thanks

20. Higgs79

Higgs79 Well-Known Member

I have tried to collate a list of all error issues reported so far. I hope this helps someone.

V06
    Target 2006
    incorrect spine

[​IMG]

V35
    Primacy
    incorrect pages

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

V64
    Windblade
    incorrect pages