The Decepticons sounded alot like The Locust Horde from GOW

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Alot of the Decepticons including Rampage and Grindor have a very Beast-like voice. I like how they are portrayed in the movie continuity. I noticed though they were very similar to The Locust Horde from the Gears of War franchise. Rampage even said "Grind" like a Locust Grinder at one point when he was interrogating Sam. I see the Decepticons are more brawn than brain being war-like as some of their bios explain. I found it funny that Grindor yelled something like "NOOOO!" when getting his head ripped apart.

Though what I somewhat dislike about this is that if all the Decepticons besides the main characters like Starscream and Megatron are like that they're not gonna have much character development. I was a bit dissapointed that the 2nd film didn't focus as much on the 'Cons as I originally thought, but seeing Screamer being treated like crap from Megatron was good enough to fill in that missing feeling. I wanted to see the Constructicons interact with eachother other than forming Devastator. Didn't one of the guys who worked on this said he/she came up with a bit of background info to introduce them into the movie-continuity?

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

"Look at all dat Juice." PRESS A!!!!

3. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

Or maybe the Locust Horde sounds alot like the Decepticons. Ooooooo. I just boggled your mind, didn't I?
    But now that you mention it, they do sound similar. But let's be honest, if you were going to get your face ripped off, wouldn't you say "Noooo!" followed by very obscene, vulgar statements? :D