The Decepticons' Arrival

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    In the Movie Prequel for the film, several Decepticons ---Starscream, Blackout and Barricade --- followed Bumblebee to Mars then to Earth in 2003 and along with him have stayed on earth for a total of a five (or less/more) years before the events of the film take place. But in the movie a one of the Soldiers on the SOCCENT Forward Operations Centre imply that the Helicopter that Blackout has taken as a disguise was shot down Three Months ago. Which would mean, Blackout arrived prior (a week or day at least) to those three months, qui? Granted its an obvious cannonical error, but what was Blackout doing all that time, searching for the perfect disguse to suit his deadly ways? He'd stick out like a sore thumb in Protoform mode.

And is it safe to say that the following Decepticons -- Frenzy, Brawl/Devastator, and Bonecrusher arrived all within the five year period as well?

(I hope this hasn't been discussed yet, there are so many copy-threads being locked as of late, I've been gettin' nervous!)

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He could have started with another alt mode, and kept updating himself as time went on.

3. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Which would make sense since he would be able to sort out what mode best fits his position rather than randomly getting any form.

...also Hasbro would be able to introduce Blackout Version 1 (Jeep), Blackout Version 2 (Osprey), Blackout Version 3 (Cargo plane), and then etc. etc.

4. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Your version 2 kinda matches what they're actually doing, since Blackout was at some point called Incinerator.

5. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if bumblebee can change forms when he wants, so can blackout i'd assume

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The comic shows Blackout taking on his alt mode as soon as he lands on Earth, as do Barricade and Starscream
    It could be a different one, I mean there is more than one MH-53 in the world right?
    I'll look and see if the registration code thing on the tail is there.

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    In the real world, the real reason is that IDW did not recieve the updated final script for the movie, so their prequel and adaptation doesn't mesh exactly with what's said in the movie.

8. GoblinWhirlwind

GoblinWhirlwind The Killer Joke

I wonder if Blackout was the one that actually shot it down, while he was in a previous form

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Its possible, Starscream shot down the Plane he scanned.

10. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Its not like bumblebee changed his alt form completely. it was a minor change between an old in new car. No new mass was taken away or introduced. Thats why its more plausible than Blackout going from a jeep to a helicopter.

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scorponok and Frenzy arrived with Blackout and Barricade.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I wondered if they were trying to hint at that too. As for the original question, I guess it could be possible Blackout scanned the helicopter years before it was shot down.

13. Allspark

Allspark Member

Well then, i hope they do some edits on that special animated feature thats in the walmart exclusive.

14. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Frenzy lost 75%+ of his body and reformated into a cell phone, so it can obviously go in that direction. Granted, I'm not sure how he could gain mass, but my post never suggested he was gaining mass, only that he too could reformat himself into another form when he wanted.

Personally I can't see it being possible for him to ever be a jeep. Excluding him being unable to gain mass (since he would have to absorb transformer technology I'd assume), the nature of Scorponok is the main factor. Scorponok is largely symbiotic with blackout, so he couldn't really exist in this way if blackout was a jeep. I could definitely see blackout being a larger type of vehicle, such as a bomber or even some sort of aircraft carrier at first, but then taking on the form of the helicopter as it suited his needs.

Blackout's profile states he is the largest of the decepticons, and that he is often seen looming over the right shoulder of Megatron. So he must have been at least a bit larger than Megatron while on cybertron, so again, I doubt he would have ever been a jeep, since he was already pretty massive before reaching earth

15. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, according the official movie guide, Transformers have to scan something very similar to there original mass. So its indeed possible that the particular MH-53J was not the first exact model he scanned.

Blackouts helicopter mode was 88 feet long, one of the biggest choppers on active duty. And he was only the biggest according to Hasbro, technically maybe the biggest bot in Starscream's search for Megatron brigade. Only 2 feet taller then Starscream (IIRC) and about 2 feet shorter then Megatron. His helicopter mode is the longest of all in the movie that we know of, since no stats on Megs starship mode exist.

Also, in the prequel novel, it mentions that a race of eternal robotic beings has a level of patience that humans could never comprehend. So it's very possible that most of the arriving Decepticons found there alt modes and basically laid low on their respective military bases until getting the call to reactivate.
    5 years to an eternal being would be nothing, thats the equivalent to a nap. Especially when their next move was basically to observe Bumblebee from a distance, while trying to collect data on the Allspark themselves. Due to size and chosen forms, Barricade & Frenzy would obviously be doing most of the footwork. The rest could basically sit back & wait & save some energon.

The Deceps knew that there were indeed human weapons that could harm them, so it was no reason to reveal themselves until Megatron & Allspark location confirmations were activated.

16. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Well, in the comic he and the other 2 attacked the S7 folks, is it possible that he scanned a 2nd MH-53 to confuse Turturro and his friends?^^

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

No wonder why things didn't exactly add up between the IDW prequel comic and the actual movie...

18. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

Blackout probably scanned the MH-53 and flew off. So the real chopper was still active until it was shot down by other forces/war combat.

19. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was reading up on the MH-53J and it is currently the most advanced technological helicopter in the Air Force inventory. There are several variations to the heavy Sikorsky copter family and MH-53J is the top of the line and the 2nd largest.

It's plausible to assume that Blackout may have scanned a CH-53E or some other variation then upgraded a few months before the Movie events.

[​IMG]