The Decepticons are idiots

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Snark, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I just saw DotM today, and I must say, after two movies worth of combat, you'd think the Cons would stop underestimating the humans so much.

I could understand them getting caught by surprise by the tiny little dudes shooting grenades between their legs in the first movie, but by now, you'd think they'd realize we're both surprisingly good at killing giant robots, and are uncomfortably fond of targeting their crotches.

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    At least they were distracted by Autobots and not just toe to toeing it this time.

3. Tomato75

Tomato75 Active Member

Oww my eyes! That was BS!

4. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they kept underestimating Sam, since he is not a soldier, and usually not armed.

5. Tomato75

Tomato75 Active Member

Ha ha! Yup he's never armed and it took 3 encounters to figure it out.

6. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, if I was a Con, I'd be more scared of Sam then anyone else. He might not be a trained soldier, but the dude has Autobots seemingly spilling out of his pockets.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well truth be told, how long did they fought humans? Remember Transformers are geared to fight other transformers, not small sized humans. It´s a matter of doctrine.

8. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

starscreams death was fitting for his character. he is nothing but a big mouthy wimp that gets by from being a shady sneak. when confronted directly by anyone (even a tiny insignificant human) his true colors show.

decpticons where ALWAYS more or less cannon fodder back in g1 as well. they just kinda stood there shooting with the occasional "bad guy" quip

you also have to remember the majority of cons in this movie had never seen a human before, let alone fought one.

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Really? But Starscream said that. In G1 he got scared pretty easy and practically a lil girl could knock him down. XD

10. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Its also obvious that they have run into humanoids before also, considering that Megatron had a tool that could read the human brain ready for use in ROTF and that Jetfire didn't seemed too surprised about that when he found out either.

11. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care if most of em have never even seen a human before. Any veteran Con with half a brain would have told the new recruits, "Welcome to Earth! Beware the fleshies though, they killed Blackout by shooting him in the balls. THE BALLS."

12. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I don't think the Cons were underestimating them, I think the humans were just able to defeat them using different, good techniques and plans.
    It's like how smaller animals can kill humans. We may know everything about them and what they're capable of, but if a poisonous insect or snake attacks you may not be able to stop it. Even if you're heavily armed.

13. Force 21

Force 21 Well-Known Member

The Ospreys were annhilated, barely getting the troops out. (They also had air cover acting as a diversion) Of the remaining divers, maybe 10 guys made it to the ground. Another 10-15 made it through from Lake Michigan. (Just those seen on screen). So 20 soldiers running around Chicago. Probably pretty hard to track down in the size of that city.

Then the Autobots spearheaded a hole into the Con defense on the outskirts of the city so more troops could get in. (You could see a Stryker come in behind one of the bots) At that point, the defense was broken and all hell was breaking loose.

They also didn't show any other attempts to get into the city. I'm sure the Illinois National Guard/Army/Air Force tried to counter-attack, and the movie suggested they were getting destroyed.

They almost one, had it not been for Godimus Prime and Bumble "Marketing Department says I can't die!" Bee.

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Pretty sure anything that flew was knocked out of the air by the Cons fighters.

15. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Unless Said Veteran Con wanted the newer recruits to get killed, so there would be more energon for them. That's what I would have done if i were a con.

16. NintenPhill

NintenPhill WOO! Japanese Imports FTW

How did the Autobots lose the war anyway? The five or six of them there were took all those Decipticons, and I can't believe 20 humans would help that much.

17. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

If i were a con, I would lurk in high places, and retain my vehicle form while not in combat.

18. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

I have a hard time with how the Decepticons are portrayed in the films. If they are such bad fighters here on Earth, I just don't see how they could stalemate the Autobots back on Cybertron, unless they just have such superior numbers that they always outgun the Autobots. I just don't think we saw how well they could fight since any fight between them and Autobots ends very fast. This is probably one of the weak points in the sequels after showing them as much better opponents in TF1.

19. NintenPhill

NintenPhill WOO! Japanese Imports FTW

The only thing I can come up with is that the Autobots were corrupted and held back from the start, as I can't really imagine the Decepticons would fight fairly, even on their own planet.

20. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think that the major problem of the sequels is time. Think of the battle with the Dreads. It was a lot more interesting and lengthy than the battles in the end, because they tried to squeeze a lot of encounters in one sitting. It was as if the studio said: "We only have 20 minutes of material left ... and all major decepticons are alive!"

So they killed them off quickly. A pity that we had to endure John Turturo and Malcovich for 30 minutes and see Soundwave fight for 10 seconds. I know about expenses, but instead of making 20 decepticon drones, just flesh out the major-hitters. Jesus, only four of the Decepticons were needed to be important in DOTM. Only four!