The Death of Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bigd, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Bigd

Bigd Autobot

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    This would be from Headmasters, the show that aired in Japan after season 3. Magnus was one of several casualties, including Optimus Prime (again), Soundwave, and Blaster (although the latter two were rebuilt in new bodies).

3. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

From the comments..

" He's a fucking Jap Super Robot, not a transformers, there's ones exactly like him in the Brave Saga, This is gay."

:lolol 

4. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't the decepticon clones die to?

In the meteor episode when goldbug and the throttlebots are hit by the meteor they say two of them died but we never see who it was.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The clones were killed... then were completely fine in the next scene. Someone screwed up and had them shown flying away from where Scorponok was setting up his bomb after their deaths.

Throttlebots is a weird one, Superion is meant to die in that one too, but both are seen later on, although neither play a huge role.

And I'd love to see where the Brave series Ultra Magnus comes from. I've never seen anyone who even vaguely look like him in Brave.

6. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Magnus died in the Japanese continuity. However in the US continuity he survived and got to live to see Cybertron enter it's second golden age with Optimus Prime.

7. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    They killed Magnus!

Those bastards!!!

:( 

8. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

How come Ultra Magnus didn't turn grey when he died?

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wow... Ultra Magnus goes out like a chump. Can't say I'm surprised, but this fight could/should have been so much better.

Good to see that the Japanese upheld the tradition of cheap, lame, continuity error-ridden animation set by the US series. :) 
    Actually, I think the poster is referring to Sixshot being like Six Changer from Brave Saga (forget which one).

But of course, Six Changer was a Takara repaint/retool of TF Sixshot anyway, so that guy's still an ignoramus. :) 

zmog

10. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah, Shadow Maru of J Decker, fair comment.

And strictly speaking, it's the Brave Series, Brave Saga only refers to the Super Robot Wars style games. Small niggle since they're two different things!

I agree with you, though, this fight and so many others in the Japanese series could have been done so much better. None of the Japanese G1 series really have fights to the order of what the US G1 shows had, they just seem to lack "punch" at times.
    Masterforce and Victory make up for it with their excellent storytelling though, especially, in my opinion, Masterforce.

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, his, uh, inner robot did probably turned grey inside his, um, armour... *cough* ...yeah.

12. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    :lol  :lol 

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Shadow Maru? Dang... I had a hunch I was remembering the name wrong. I knew for sure I didn't remember which Brave Series he was part of, so I just said "Brave Saga" to cover it all. :) 

Thanks for the corrections... better to be a semi-ignoramus than a full-on ignoramus, right? :) 

zmog

14. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:

Oh man, that would be so funny to see in a comic - the Autobots peel off the blue armour and find the white-Magnus turned grey!

And as for getting killed by Sixshot - well, I guess he couldn't deal with that now, could he?

Gary

15. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'm so spoiled with robot fights, after seeing Gundam Altron vs. Wing Zero and the fights in Transformers: Cybertron. Ultra Magnus vs Sixshot was SO tame. Heck even Optimus Prime vs. Megatron in TFTM '86 was more intense then that. But Headmasters was the most US G1-esque of the Japanese shows. But Victory and Masterforce's fights were more intense then that

Yeah...but you're still an ignoramus :p  ;)  J/K

16. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i liked headmasters and sixshot was awsome i was kinda glad he offed magnus he kinda whiney in HM. so good on sixshoot who is cool near the end of HM all noble and sum $h!t:duel 

17. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You all might what to consider taking a look at these threads:

The death of Ultra Magnus

Its self explanatory & talks about how weak UM is portrayed. It also mentioned his needless death like so many that died in the movie. We’ve seen worst injuries repaired during the G1 TV show and Beast Wars. Dinobot’s death was sad but at least it was realistic and his final battle was exciting.

&

Irony of the Battle For Autobot City

This also mentioned that UM-Mr. Commander of Autobot City- was MIA during the battle. He and Prime should've been kicking tail pipes and taking names. The sad thing is I’m an Ultra Magnus fan. I can still objectively say it was at the least a couple of lackluster performances!

18. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

Interesting that anyone would stay dead considering the very first episode all of the Autobots and Decepticons were destroyed in the crash and remained there for millions of years only to be rebuilt by Teletran 1. Unless they were melted down I can't see why anyone would stay dead.

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    That made my day

20. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why we thank Beast Wars/Machines for properly clarifying the nature of Transformer life and death. And also for just out-and-out saying that they spent those four million years in "emergency stasis."