The Death of a X-Men?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Spiderus Prime, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt that happens as out of all the X-men he would be the last one I would think they would run into in hell. I am curious though as to how they will bring him back as no X-man really dies, they just go on vacation or something for a few issues lol

2. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I just read the new X Force last night. Wow. What a useless death. The whole thing had almost no impact on me as a reader or on the other characters. All we got were a few panels of the other X-Men looking sad before moving on. It's sad when even the other characters in your book don't care when a character dies.

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I thought Nightcrawler's death was pretty good. Overall I'm enjoying Second Coming quite a bit.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've noticed an ongoing trend in the recent crop of summer crossovers. The deaths are being thrown in very early on and then quickly passed over. This was noticeable in siege, blackest night, and now second coming. Why not have your characters die at the end of the story when things are supposed to be dramatic and dangerous? Instead the deaths are filler in the first half of the story so they can say look something important did happen. When will they learn shock value deaths are never exciting.

In regards to second coming specifically: I hope the writers have something up their sleeves other then the x-men fighting a bunch of humans and some of them dying. The concept of the story has very short legs.

5. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is more "reaction" to it in the upcoming books from the panels/pages i've seen.

It does leave it kind of difficult for him to come back as it's not like he died all by himself in a room on another planet, he was on Utopia with the Hope and the other X-men.

Although it might be hard to bring him back after the way he died I doubt he'll be gone long. I know that after Second Coming the X-Force book is going to end for a few months and reboot in the fall with an entire new team (I only know of Wolverine and Archangel on the team so far) and the first thing they are going to do is go up against Apocalypse. And with all the other X-Men that have died or been turned into a Horseman of Apocalypse, this would be one way to bring him back but ends up fighting Apocalypse's control b/c of his beliefs (just a thought).