The day the Eiffel tower went berserk...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by night-skyward, Jan 4, 2010.

1. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

It pretty much starts with the Eiffel tower going berserk and so far it ends with jfk being assassinated.

It is of course the umbrella academy by gerard way. I didn't see a thread on here so i figured i'd go for it.

So who's read it? what do you think will happen next? or who has avoided it like the plague due to its author? Let the discussion flow :) 

personally i love the series, i only recently got into thanks to the free issue on the app store but since then i've gone mad for it. i got dallas for christmas and i'm now eagerly awaiting hotel oblivion. So far for me its my favorite comic/universe/ whatever, possibly because it's something i've been able to join from the very start unlike say batman who has years of history. Don't get me wrong i love my batman books but there's something about umbrella academy that has turned me into a devoted fanboy.

2. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the first series, have Dallas but haven't had the chance to read it yet. Love the story Way has put together, its like the X-Men meet the Royal Tenenbaums. Very dysfunctional family who have all been pretty emotional scarred by their father and who just happen to have super powers. Makes for a different kind of super hero book where the superhero concept is more a backdrop then a focus for the story.

3. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I got the first graphic novel and wow, there's some near death sequences already.

I like where the plot goes.