The day has come!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fairlady_Z, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Earlier today somewhat out of the blue my aunt called me up today to see if I wanted to bring over any Transformers for my little cousins to play with. Apparently the boy who's 5 has gotten into TFs and she knows I'm the expert. He already has some Power Core Combiners. So I dug through the collection and found some good stuff to give him, the legends are about the right difficulty for him so I gave him a few of those along with some reproduction minibots. I also gave him duplcates I had of Classics Starscream & Cyclonus, Movie Sideswipe, TFA Rodimus and Arcee (for his younger sister, she's 3). In his world Nightstick and Rodimus have become good friends despite being on oppisite sides.

We also stopped at TRU where he picked up some more legends - Movie Soundwave, Wheelie, and Rampage while his sister has fun pressing the buttons on Stealth Force Op. She was quite knowledgeable in knowing I have a BB car (VW not Camero). My aunt also asked me to bring any TF storybooks so my little cousins would know why the TFS were fighting (over energy and natural resources, in addition to just the Cons wanting to take over the universe). So we had a fun afternoon playing with TFs and ate a lunch that included TFA fruit snacks.

It was my own cousin, the dad of these two kids, who introduced me to TFs back in Christmas of 1984 by showing me how all his new toys transformed and today I was doing the same for his kids. I fell like things have come full circle.

And then I get home to learn MP Rodimus is finally shipping out. Yes, it has been a good day (well aside from slipping on the ice going out to my car and smacking my tailbone pretty hard. I'm okay, but boy am I bruised).

2. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Awesome story, man. It's nice to see little kids getting interested in TFs. Hope your tailbone gets better soon lol

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Why do we have tailbones anyway? Awesome on the MP Rodimus though! Should get mine end of next week I hope.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

Cool story bro!. No really, cool story. It's always fun introducing another generation to TFs!

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awwwwwwwww...FLZ..that is a nice TF story, I've done the same for my nephew, it's a great feeling when they want to talk bots!..sorry about your coccyx tho..hope it gets better soon :D 

BTW, guys..^^^dude is one of those nonexistent "she people" :lol 

6. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Awesome story!

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    That's great to hear, Fairlady_Z! I started teaching my nephew when he was just starting to stand on his own. I put G1 on the tv and he just stood in his playpen, holding the rail, with this open-mouthed "oooooh" look on his face. I think we watched the entire first season that day (this was back in 2000/2001). He'll be 11 this year and he's still interested in them, but he loves his videogames. lol

Same with my niece--she just turned 9 a few days ago and she loves the G1 Transformers also. When I visited them back in 2008, the 3 of us would wake up early in the morning and watch my G1 DVD's, then catch TFA when it would come on. Honestly, it was the most fun I'd had since I was a kid. I mean, I'm 34 now and I love collecting the toys, kitbashing/customizing them, and all of that, but actual PLAYING with my niece and nephew, and watching Transformers with them....it brought back my childhood memories.

They both love the live-action movies and while they haven't gotten into those toys as much, they LOVED G1 and Transformers Animated. They're not die-hards like most of us yet, but it's awesome to be able to share something I loved as a kid and see that same love in their eyes.

8. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Erm, because we used to have tails...

9. Kinoko_Otoko

Kinoko_Otoko Unenlightened

My brother and my nephew are both expecting kids, and my nephew is a fan himself, so hopefully I'll get a similar experience in a few years. I also have a friend who's a casual fan, he didn't have much to get his kid for christmas (spent it all on a Wii) but I got his little boy a fast action battlers Optimus and a legends.... fastback? The brown redeco of Beachcomber anyway. I don't know how he likes them yet but I should be seeing them this weekend.

One thing I wonder is if it wouldn't be better to trickle toys to them slowly. If you just dump a bunch of Transformers on them it might make them seem kind of cheap. I inherited my bro's toys when I was a kid, but new ones were precious because I got them so seldom (more or less just from garage sales until Gen 2). I may be completely wrong, it's just a thought.

my god, why would you even bring this up

robots man, we're here for robots... keep that shit in the non-TF general discussion

10. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

That's a nice story man. My little cousin started to get into Transformers, but suddenly stopped when he got into that Ben 10 crap. But, my brother and his girlfriend have just had a little boy, so hopefully, my little Nephew will grow up to like them.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very cool! Sadly I have not been able to spread the joy of the plastic crack to anyone else in my family. The closest I've come is helping some parents in the local TRU who were totally lost trying to correlate their son's Christmas list to the actual toys on the shelf.

12. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Well done, Fairlady Z! That sounds like a most satisfying experience. Too bad I don't have any nephews or nieces that are nearby and into TFs. I'd love to be able to share my interest with them too.

Give that bruise a good rub, btw. It'll disperse faster if you do.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Awesome story. :thumb 

I wish i had cousins that actually would try to give a damn about Transformers. Maybe nieces and nephews might.....*sigh* that's a long way to go.

Also Fairlady did you tell 'em that your the official voice of Flareup?

14. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well done FairLady_Z! It's so nice to share our something we enjoy with others.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    My five year old nephew likes TF's as well.

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

My brother's wife had a baby girl three months ago and my other brother's wife is expecting twins in 3 months. They've all warned me to keep the Transformers away from the kids. But if they get into them at some point, Uncle Noble has a huge collection for them to play with.

BTW, if my friends are anything to go by, more of my female friends like Transformers compared to my male friends. Anyone else experience that trend?

17. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

nice story fairlady my daugther likes tf's also. she wants to see dotm with me. hope your tailbone is better i've done mine before.

18. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    While it might be fun to hunt the toys down and bring them home, the fun goes to a whole new level when you can share it with the young ones. I've pretty much corrupted my daughter (her mother's words) into being a fan of all things Transformers.

While we were out yesterday, my United Voyager Megatron got delivered, and when she saw it, she suddenly forgot her new Build-A-Bear cat and Sleeping Beauty doll. As soon as I had him in gun mode she took him and turned into Starscream - "Take that, Brawn!", "I got you, Prowl!"

Kids make toys so much more fun!

19. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Awsome story... My little cousin like to come play with my TF I have a few they are allowed to play with. My aunt there grandmother bought a TF leader prime from me and my oldest cousin is learning how to transform him its kinda intresting to watch him do it.