The day after...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Altimus Prime, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

You know how it goes... maybe you've been here...

There's a Transformer you really want. You can't find it. You look and look, make tons of stops, constantly think about it, keep thinking today might be the lucky day... but you never see it.

You break down, and buy it online. You spend more than you should have.

It arrives in the mail. You're irked you had to pay what you did, but you're happy to have it, and happy the hunt is done.

And then you happen to be near one of those stores. You go in. And there one is, on the shelf, mocking you.

Yeah, that's what happened for me with RTS Windcharger.

$35 eBay variant arrives Thursday.

$5 variant bought Friday.

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i feel that way about mp rodimus except i havent given in yet

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I might have you beat.

- Get scammed on a trade for a Windcharger with a board member that's now been banned.

- Go online and purchased two at $39.99 each. Get it in the mail and open one for the principle of it.

- One month later, find one at Ross for $4.99. As happy as I was, you have no idea the words that came outta my mouth when I saw it. I was glad no kids were around.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have been lucky enough to find almost every last figure I need at retail but I have a similar thing happen.

You hunt and hunt and hunt and the figure eludes you. You finally find a sole figure on the pegs and snag it. After that you see it where ever you go.

Nature of the beast.

5. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

I still need a windcharger...

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    You know what you do? Don't go hunting the day after.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got burned by Warpath this way...

Also paid a lot more than $5 for Windcharger, but I never found him elsewhere (and no way am I combing discounters).

8. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    During the Ross fiasco, I am positive the money I spend on gas hunting, negated any retail costs when I finally found something worthwhile. Never did find a Windcharger. I bought once off a board member for a decent price.

Premium CA gas prices + WRX = no profit

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I just remembered. I paid a very small premium, like 5 bucks, for Animated Arcee and her wave mate (Cyb. Ratchet or IH), from a board member awesome enough to sell em to me. I didnt mind the tiny premium because Arcee and that other figure because they were not announced to arrive to Canada. As in zero news anywhere!!!

<---- see that news credit? Well guess who was the first person in Canada to spot and report that Arcee and her wave mate came to Canada? If you guessed me, you are correct. I found them in stores a couple of days later.

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    That ALWAYS happened to me when I used to collect Bionicle. I was about to cave and buy Generations Wheeljack though and remembered that if I bought him, he'd arrive at the store the next day. And I was right.

11. Altimus Prime

Oh, wasn't really hunting. Had to go to my bank, which is in the plaza that also has all three stores. Thought I'd see if there were any other RTS figures there. And not seeing Windcharger - which I never had before - would reinforce that I had made a "good" move.

At least only one of the three had a Windcharger, and only one. If there were multiples at all three, I woulda been screaming.

Instead it was just an exasperated, shoulder slumping "you gotta be kidding me!?!?"

The bubble on the one I picked up today is somewhat crunched, but the figure looks good inside. Undecided what I will do with it. Thinking of offering it for a local pickup deal first.

12. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That happened to me with warpath too. Figured I would never see him in the stores. Paid 30 bucks a piece for 2 of them on ebay. Few days later found him and TC in my local walmart, mocking me.
    Last week I found 3 wheeljacks and 2 warpaths.

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

What you do, then, is you buy the second figure, list it on eBay, make back your money, and be happy. Because there's always someone out there who wants the figure and might not be able to have a 'day after' moment.

14. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why I actually prefer hunting at bargain shops like tjmax and marshalls these days. Not so much for reselling (I usually just sell stuff I have already to local guys for retail + gas or whatever), but I dunno I guess I'm just a cheapass at heart. Buying figures for half of their retail costs just makes me enjoy the hobby more, and I don't get aggravated about overspending or hitting craploads of stores and finding nothing :lol 

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered the later waves of Generations online, only for them to come in stock at a local comic store for cheaper (and without having to wait for shipping). I also ordered Protector/Sidearm on BBTS before I knew Ages Three and Up had them in person.

16. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    ^Is there a variant of Windcharger?

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Bought the three pack of Grappel, Lugnut, and Strafe from BBTS for $75. Not bad as only $5 above retail each before shipping. Great deal since it didn't look like they were gonna come out. Now they are all three at a local TJ Maxx for only $10 each.

18. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Just do what most would do.. Buy the 5$ one and scalp it back

19. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Sat around looking at Amazon Unicron, the moment of launch. Debated whether or not I was going to drive to the bank and put some cash into my account, to order it. (I never use my checking account.) Needless to say, I don't have one.

eBay'ed a Windcharger, because after many Ross/TJMaxx/Marshalls runs, I've given up. I can only hope I have enough luck to run into one at a store...

20. Altimus Prime

In a way, yes... the $4.99 variant at the stores, and the $30+ on eBay.

Just a price thing.