The Dark of the Moon Speculation Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rogzilla, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the first trailer out and all the leaks concerning toys, i thought it might be fun to start a thread for people to make a guesses on the plot. Is there something you've put together based on the rumors? Is there something you'd really like to see? Is there something you think will be in it but will hate if it is?

I'll go ahead and start with a few things that have been banging around my head for a while.

-The Gold Bot from the trailer is Sentinel Prime. If he's not OP's "father" then he will be addressed as he ancestor. I'd like to think that he will be very disappointed in the way his decendant has been running the war, loosing first the Allspark and then the Matrix moments after its recovery. SP will look down on humans as not worth his time. By the end of the film, SP will at last come to terms with what OP has fought for and sacrifice himself to give OP the opportunity to end the Cons once and for all.

-Megatron will go to Cybertron with the intention of rallying the Decepticons there. Shockwave, who had become a despot in Megatron's absence, at first welcomes Megatron, thinking he has at last returned victorious. Upon the discovery of the decimation of the Decepticon forces, Shockwave turns on him. He takes command and leaves Megatron to die on Cybertron. We don't find out until later that Soundwave, still loyal to Megatron, had taken Megatron back to Earth and helped him reformat into the truck.

-Shockwave leads the Decepticons back to Earth to destroy the Autobots. Shockwave realizes that the Autobots are, oddly, strong with the humans as their allies so begins a smear campaign, sending Decepticons desguised as Autobots to attack humans.

-Patrick Dempsey is allied with the Cons. I'm not certain if it's with Shockwave's army or Megatron's terrorist small force (I'm guessing the former as I see Shockwave trying to gain human allies over the Autobots). He might be an out and out Pretender but I like the idea of a human betraying his race.

-Ironhide will die at some point in the film. He'll go out fighting, I'm thinking being killed by the Dreads. This will happen before the final battle.

-There will be major losses in the final battle. SP as I said before, probably the Twins and maybe even Bumblebee. OP will just barely survive. As for the humans, I think Epps may get the axe. I don't know why, but he seems the most likely to die out of all the humans.

-All the cons, with the exception of Megatron, will be killed. I'm thinking he will reluctantly join with the Autobots to stop Shockwave. OP considers killing Megatron, but spares him as he has no army left. OP extends friendship and brotherhood to Megatron, which he rejects. Megatron, ashamed and defeated, goes into exile (allowing possibility for sequel with new director).

-Shockwave's plan is...I dunno. Whatever it is, I think it will be bad enough to unite OP and Megatron. Summoning Unicron into this universe perhaps? Whatever it is, it needs to be BIG!

So those are just some of my thoughts. Comment and share your own!

2. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

I think Dempsey will be Dr. Arkeville - only without looking so goofy. Or at least partially based on that character

I anticipate a lot of death as well.

3. ShokWave 44

ShokWave 44 Active Member

Didnt Demsy say that he was a race car driver? i doubt hes Archeville but who knows.
    Anyways, anyone think shockwave might already be on earth? maybe with dempsey or somthing? i mean, Cybertron is pretty much unihabitable, acording to Prime at least so maybe Shockwave has been here all along...watching...
    if he has i think he'll get an alt mode like his alternators and maybe change alt modes halfway through the film.
    As for Starscream, i think hes gunna get killed by Megatron in this one...and Soundwave, i hope he gets a lot of screen time
    Killing BB would be a major plot twist, and maybe, like someone else in another thread said (sorry i forget who but this wasnt my idea im giving credit) the main theme of the movie might be "No Sacrifice no Victory"
    Also, anyone else think the Datsun is made to look like BB by Sam to sort of replace him?

4. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    In the movies, Optimus Prime and Megatron are brothers so it does seem like their father could appear later on. Sentinel Prime does sound like somebody who could be the father of Optimus Prime. Maybe Shockwave is the stepfather of Megatron. I could see Megatron working for Shockwave in the movies. Like the Fallen, Shockwave probably will die and Megatron and Starscream could continue with a possible TF4. Probably too early to mention Unicron and can save Unicron for TF4. TF3 already has Shockwave as the main villain similar to the Fallen so there is no need to mention Unicron in TF3. Better to save Galvatron and Unicron for TF4 and later movies.

Bumblebee and Ironhide and Ratchet can't die bec. Hasbro needs to sell more repaints for TF4.

Since the Wreckers are on the side of the Autobots, the humans associated with the Wreckers are probably also on the side of the Autobots.

5. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    I think, right now, we are assuming that there is no TF4. And, let's be honest, after the third film, I think general audience will need a break.

And what humans are you talking about? Who is associated with the Wreckers?

6. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much TF3 is using stuff from the following storylines in TF History:

Megatron's Master Plan
    The Key to Vector Sigma
    War and Peace Comic - Comic Miniseries

and the ending of TF3 will, highly probable, be this just reworked a little:

Prime Directive - Comic Miniseries: The Transformers had been gone from Earth for several years. The Ark II carries the victorious Autobots and their captive Decepticons back to Cybertron.

or the ending of TF3 will, highly probable, be how it was shown in TF: The Animated Movie of Autobot City now existing on Earth & the Autobots as well as certain humans being able to travel between Earth & Cybertron via Space Bridge. the bodies of the Decepticons will be launched into deep space from Earth or taken back to Cybertron then launched into deep space.

7. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I just know the Wreckers are Autobots with oversized weapons all over the place but I don't know who their human friends will be.

8. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I definitely think we'll see elements drawn from the current run of Transformers comics, particularly the humans resenting the Autobots that is currently being played out in the Ongoing series, and a small band of military personel helping them.

9. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

10. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Im pretty much on the same boat as you.

11. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

they are not brothers, they are just from the same race has prime just said brother because they know each other so well. Bay ruled out galvatron has it confushes the audiance. ROTF megatron is basically galvatron, he just never got his name renamed, and DOTM is the last of the films so do not hope for a 4th unless there is a reboot

12. Rogzilla

News Credits:
  13. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still speculating...time-travel

Since we're going to be seeing reference to the past, I also think we're going to deal with the future as well.

Watching them film around Chicago this summer, the amount of damage that had been done didn't feel like it was recently happening.

My assumption is that the film could be working on multiple levels as the Autobots try to fight a future in which the Decepticons (most likely led by Shockwave) have taken over.

I recall seeing Dempsey and Shia in matching clothes, which makes me wonder if Dempsey could be a future version of Shia that sought refuge in the modern-day. There was even a scene of Dempsey looking like he was about to kill Shia. Maybe it would be a time paradox where Dempsey as future-Sam figures if he kills himself in the present, something that he may do wrong will cause the war-torn future Chicago to never be.

I was also trying to figure out how all the health dept trucks and other items that showed up on set were about. Speculation again, but my guess is maybe some kind of virus has started to affect the population, turning organic into mechanical. There was the one scene where Shia supposedly was wearing a mechanical glove, but what if that was some kind of viral spread, that would eventually consume him?

It also feels like they could be trying to use this to finish a 3-part story arc for Sam:

TF1- Sam is a teenager, so he's more slipshod.
    TF2- Sam is on his way to becoming an adult, needing to take responsibility
    TF3- Sam now has to worry about his future, find his place in the world.

And that's my mental puzzle-piecing of this thing since late summer. What do you think?

14. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

That's just stuppid

15. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

whats so stupid about it? its Transformers there have been many far worse plots, any way i think that urusieranma's idea would be an awesome movie, not an oscar winner mind you but a excellent summer action movie that you could just watch over and over again.

16. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

Fail.